Paris Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 13684

PREMIERE CLASSE PARIS - OUEST GENNEVILLIERS: GOOD POSITION

There were several reasons that made me choose this Hotel.

First was the position. We wanted somewhere easy to reach from CDG Airport after picking up a hire-car and driving on an unfamiliar side of the road. The hotel is near the A86 and the A15 motorways and the ring road.
This location was perfect.

Next, how to reach Paris, and once again it was perfect, just 200 metres or a short walk to the RER C station, where we caught the Train into Paris, about 15-20mins and we were there.
Better still, the line stopped at the Eiffel Tower station, so we alighted there, or we could have continued onto the Louvre and Notre Dame.

Price, excellent for Paris

Rooms - Good and clean, basic, as this is a Hotel chain, but hey, we were only here to sleep. To reach our room on one of the higher floors, we had an elevator to use. Our room was at the back of the Hotel where we overlooked the carpark.
We had air-conditioning, ensuite, television, writing desk, it met all our requirements, plus was quiet.
Car parking is FREE, or you can securly park underneath for 2 euros per day.

Booking in was easy and the staff could speak english.

We paid an extra € 4.90 for Breakfast, which included Croissants weekdays, Bread, brioche, baguette, Bar Breton, corn flakes, butter, honey, jam with sticks, applesauce, yogurt, juice orange and multi fruit, coffee, chocolate, milk and tea. You could eat as much as you wanted. The only unusual thing here, was we used serviettes to put our food on, no plates. We did strike this elsewhere in France.
Breakfast was served from 5- 10am on weekdays and from 6am on weekends. It was quite busy, and I did notice quite a few businessmen here.

If you want Dinner, that is available nearly next door at the Campanile Hotel restaurant from 7 - 11pm.
We found a supermarket a short walk away where we were able to buy all the necessities for the day at cheap prices.

PARIS ON A BUDGET..........
My husband and I felt safe walking around the area, altogether, we found this a very reasonably priced, good & convenient Hotel for us to stay. Wouldn't look elsewhere if coming to Paris again.

Situated within easy reach of both the centre of Paris and CDG airport
Basic, good accommodation.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 11, 2012

• Maryimelda profile photo Maryimelda
  • Reviews: 1031

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Cujas Pantheon: Right in the middle of everything....

I chose this hotel for a one night stay for one very good reason....the cost. It was the cheapest I could find in a decent location.

On my arrival, I was treated with very friendly and efficient service from the two male desk clerks who were on duty at the time. They both spoke excellent English and were extremely knowledgeable about the area and happy to help out with any queries that I had.

The room was exactly as I have come to expect in a budget hotel in Paris. It was small and clean with the usual miniscule bathroom. I was perfectly satisfied.

The hotel is situated right in the Latin Quartier just around the corner from the Sorbonne and down the road from the Pantheon. The surrounding area is teeming with shops, restaurants, bars and cafes, quite the perfect location for me.

I would most certainly stay there again

• Related to: Singles, Women's Travel, Seniors
  • Written August 26, 2012
Tip Photo

Right in the heart of things

• cbranam profile photo cbranam

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel La Serre: BED BUGS

I stayed here one night, which was long enough to learn that this place has bed bugs. They bit me all over and laid eggs in my clothes and luggage. The hotel offered a new room but declined reimbursement or compensation. I didn't stay a second night.

• Written August 24, 2012

• piosku67 profile photo piosku67
  • Reviews: 107

Pavillon République Les Halles: Cheap accommodation

I was glad to stay there close to Republic Square (3- 7 Aug. 2010), because I could explore east Paris. The hotel was very modest. I live in a tiny, shabby room almost at the attic. The room was stinky. The staff was not very nice, but nevertheless I was satisfied with my trip to Paris.
I paid 236 EUR for four-night stay, that's € 59 per night with a buffet breakfast.
An unpleasant thing happened to me while I stopped there, just few nights from 4th till 7th Aug. 2010. The check-out time was at 11 or so. But In the morning, before the check-out time on 7th Aug. , while I was getting dressed a woman, probably a manager, came to my room just to check if I’m still in the hotel. While I was leaving the hotel, I was told that I should have paid for the hotel the day before in the evening. I was so stunned. Nobody told me that. I felt really bad. I could have paid just on the first day, and now I do it everywhere.

Close to scenic places near Saint Martin's Canal

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 22, 2012

Stinky room

• OldAubrey profile photo OldAubrey

24 rue due Cotentin: Rent Apartment in Paris

The good:
The agent met us at the apartment even though we were several hours late.
The location is within a mile of all transportation and food shopping - Google a map and walking
It was a reasonable accommodation for three -six would be too much.

The bad:
Some may consider the noise from the train station too much.
Some things were never fixed - no light in the toilet room, the metal shutter was not replaced and lights shown through the windows at night, the tv did not work, there was no microwave.
The location of the toaster oven over the fridge was too high except for one of our party.

Overall for the amount of the rent in Paris it was reasonable but in three weeks the items should have been fixed.

• Written August 12, 2012

• alyf1961 profile photo alyf1961
  • Reviews: 1111

HOTEL DE GENEVE: VERY COMFORTABLE

Hannah and I had a short break at this hotel in Paris in May 2012.
The hotel is very close to Gare St-Lazare. The double room was 72 euro's per night. Due to the cleanliness and location the room was very good value for money. Breakfast was 8 euro's per person.

• Written May 11, 2012

• tini58de profile photo tini58de
  • Reviews: 2509

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apartment with a Bohemian Feel

We rented this one room apartment through http://www.homelidays.de and once again found it to be an excellent choice. It is right in the heart of St. Germain des Prés with lots of little shops, bistros, cafés nearby. The metro is only 50 m away from the apartment and Jardin du Luxembourg and the Seine are within easy walking distance.

The apartment is in an old building in one of the upper floors (and no lift!), it is quiet, clean and cozy. Okay, it is small - especially the shower, but of the 10 minutes a day you spend in a shower that really does not downgrade the apartment.

Guy is a wonderful host who even left his laptop in the apartment for us to use!

We can truly recommend this place and would love to stay there again, should we ever need an accommodation for 3 nights or more (minimum stay unfortunately!)

• Written April 4, 2012

neighborhood

• henrijames profile photo henrijames

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Paris Hotels: Get a hotel booking discount in Paris!

A friend of mine shared with me a trick on getting super good hotel deals in great locations. It may sound strange but follow these steps and then search this site for whatever hotel you want and it'll usually give you $25-$100 dollars off! Seriously, I used this the last time I went to London.

1. Go to http://airlineticketdiscount.org/
2. click on more for any one of the featured cities on the front page.
3. Select dates (any dates) and click SEARCH
4. Wait for available hotels to load
5. click on a rating of any hotel (where it says something like GREAT, 9.1)
6. you will get a list of a bunch of provider prices with an orange box that says Go on it.
7. click on the orange Go box for every one (this works best if you just right click and open in a new tab so you don’t have to keep clicking back to the page) of the providers
8. Wait at least 30 seconds and then close out of them
9. You’re done!

Now search the city you want to go to on the site and when you book you'll see a drastic discount taken off, you never know how much but sometimes its AMAZING!

• Written February 18, 2012

• Kuznetsov_Sergey profile photo Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Reviews: 5128

Hotel Richer: Monmartre

We stayed there for 4 nights in August of 2003. It was rather cheap accomodation (2 stars). Our German shepherd Asslan was allowed to live with us in the room. We were almost satisfied but had problems with parking of our car. Location is good, all the sights were close and we could reach them by walk. That's why we left our car on a nearby parking for two days.
Located close to the grand boulevards: Montmartre, Poissonnière, of the Opera, and the Lafayette Galleries, the Folies Bergeres.

Number of Rooms: 37

• Written February 12, 2012

• Kuznetsov_Sergey profile photo Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Reviews: 5128

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quality Hotel Le Cardinal Rueil Malmaison: Charming hotel in the heart of Rueil Malmaison

The Quality hotel le Cardinal, charming hotel in the heart of Rueil Malmaison, with an entirely renovated decor, welcomes you for your Paris week-end. The hotel is conveniently located 15 minutes from The Champs-Elysées by the RER A and 7 minutes from La Defense City Center.
The hotel is walking distance from many shops, restaurants, bars and a typical french market which takes place on Tuesday and Saturday morning.

You can watch my 3 min 48 sec Video Paris via la Defense and le Cardinal Hotel in Malmaison out of my Youtube channel.

• Written January 23, 2012

Le Cardinal

• ll_angel86 profile photo ll_angel86
  • Reviews: 16

2nd Arrondisement vs 18th Arrondisement

I stayed in the 2nd arrondisement ie. postal code 75002 and it was convenient. As long as you can walk to the nearest metro it shouldn't be that bad. But personally , I tried to avoid the 18e coz of walking up and down the slope. I loved the area but if I had to walk up the hill after a tired day out, I think it's a little too much for me.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 18, 2012

• Subbaraoks profile photo Subbaraoks
  • Reviews: 12

Hotal Arya Niwas, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India: Value for money

otel Arya Niwas, Jaipur (Behind Amber Towers, Sansar Chandra Road, JAIPUR - 302001 (INDIA); Phone : +91 (141) 4073450, +91 (141) 4073400, E-mail : info@aryaniwas.com
aryahotel@gmail.com
- Review Oct 2011
Stayed for four days at Hotel Arya Niwas. This is not a fancy hotel. Very clean rooms/bath rooms. Has a good lawn for dining and walking. You can not walk outside the hotel, since the areas are not clean. You can definitely stay in this hotel but take a rickshaw or hotel operated taxis for moving out of this location. Hotel staff are cordial. Mostly foreigners select this hotel for cleanliness. Even the restaurant is tuned for foreign visitors. Hotel staff are most cordial.
Offers AC ambassador cars (for Rs. 150/hr) on hourly basis. Tariff is around Rs. 1800-Rs.2,500. Highly recommended for stay.

Very Clean Hotel

• Written October 22, 2011

• black_mimi99 profile photo black_mimi99
  • Reviews: 1603

Virgina Hotel: Great Hotel

we stay one night in this hotel, and it's a nice hotel, clean, the service is great, friendly and helpful, and when we came with baby, they not charge us cos we just reserved for 2 person, cos according to the law it's not allowed baby sleep with parents in same bed, so must have extra bed for baby.

• Written October 11, 2011

hotel Virgina

• Jerelis profile photo Jerelis
  • Reviews: 3136

Pierre & Vacances Val d'Europe: Near to Disneyland Paris

Whenever I decided to go to Disneyland Paris together with my two kids Iris and Sam I still had to search for a nice hotel close to the theme parc itself. Surfing over the internet gave me a great deal of hotels and the most amazing prices to go with it. Finally I ended up at th website of Pierre & Vacances Val d'Europe and decided to stay here for three night, because of its most reasonable prices.

It's right next door to Disneyland Paris indeed (still a 10 minute car drive to get there) and to my surprise it offers comfortable self catering apartments with a balcony or terrace. We had an appartment for five people with three bedrooms which was ideal for us. The entrance hall is nice with a number of shops and services on the doorstep as well as a free shuttle service between the hotel and the Disneyland - making this an ideal hotel for a short weekend break to Disneyland for my and my kids.

For our comfort the Pierre & Vacances Val d'Europe offered a free covered parking.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written October 10, 2011
Tip Photo

Iris standing on the balcony.

• suvanki profile photo suvanki
  • Reviews: 2426

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

8,Rue Fallempin: Apartment with a View!

Gillybob booked this apartment for 4 of us, through Interhome - A Great find! The booking process appeared a bit complicated - Luckily Gilly was in control!
Collecting the keys involved Alyson, who arrived first, travelling to 15e, then returning to the apartment in 8e - she had to do the journey in reverse on the Monday, having the keys back for 10.30hrs. There was also a 250Euro deposit against damages.

The apartment is in a residential street, with a metro station at each end of the road (about a 3 -5 minute walk. Plenty of independent shops, supermarkets, restaurants etc nearby.
It felt quite safe walking around late at night/early morning.

A security code is issued prior to arrival to enter the building, then a key lets you into the inner lift area (passing an office, where 2 yappy dogs reside periodically)

I was very impressed with the apartment - it seemed to be stocked with just about everything that we needed. Although we couldn't suss out the WIFI or TV, and the room lights took some working out - no main light in the bedrooms, just table lamps - the light switch on the wall 'opened up the electricity' on one side of the room!

We had two twin rooms (with views of the Eiffel Tower) and one double bedded room,
Wardrobe storeage in the hallway
Balconies both sides.
Roll down electric shutters completely cut out any light.

2 bathrooms (1 with bath and shower/basin/storeage space, the other with shower) 1 toilet - a bit small and dark!
Kitchen with cooking facillities, fridge/freezer, coffee maker, dish washer, toaster, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware a plenty.
A very nice welcome pack too, with all manner of goodies - conserves, condiments, olive oil, washing liquids etc.

We each paid 180 Euros for our 4 night stay - recommended!

• Written September 30, 2011