VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

R. Kipling Hotel

Tags

Business Travel
See Amenities
mferreira's Profile Photo

the better place to sleep

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 3, 2007

I recomended for some important aspects: when you look for a good and nice hotel to stay and also the price with breakfast 50 Euro - the place is fantastic (Montmartre) near the Metro -Blanche station, near Moulin Rouge,a lot of Restaurants good place to walk until Sacré Coeur and also shopping.

The Hotel is not big and the rooms are small but if you need only a place safe confortable and clean this is ok.

Directions: Montmartre .Blanche station METRO

dreamdoll's Profile Photo

One of Paris' hidden boutique hotels

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 19, 2005

The price was reasonable and the hotel was well located being walking distance away from the shopping areas as well as Montmartre and the Moulin Rouge. The metro station was also located nearby. And, the area is definitely safer than we expected. There are also quite a few eateries and cafes along Rue Blanche. Highly recommended if you're not willing to splash out tons of cash on luxury living yet with a desire to have a new modern boutique style hotel experience!

Unique Quality: It's fairly new, very comfortable, and the room was cosy. The buffet breakfast was interestingly served in the cellar restaurant. Don't expect amazing service though!

Directions: Walk straight up and you'll see the Moulin Rouge.

Kiriel's Profile Photo

A bit disappointing but quite decent

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 9, 2004

I moved into this hotel because I wanted to upgrade from the cheap hotel in which I was staying, to one with a less saggy bed, and with air conditioning. The other major drawcard for me was the lure of a bath; something that was vital to my recovery from a long hard day walking the streets of Paris. I was partly disappointed.

Unique Quality: The air when I walked in the door to the hotel was icy cool and refreshing. The days were getting up to 30 and I was SO pleased I had lashed out on a room with airconditioning. When I got to the room I discovered that the much desired bath was not there. I requested a change, which they were very helpful about doing, although sadly it moved me on to the smoking floor. (though I must say that the old room smelt of cabbages!)

The rooms are well appointed, with simple and stylish furniture, and good firm beds. The bathrooms are decent, though the paint is just starting to peel (I think they were ripped off by the painter when they refurbished the hotel in 2002).

The bath was absolutely tiny. I couldn't straighten my legs however a soak is a soak, however cramped so I could forgive that. Oddly the bath itself was bigger, but it had been designed in such a way that the inner bath was much smaller... so they didn't save any space, but made it much less comfortable to sit in.

The big minus was that the airconditioning didn't work and my room stayed at a consistent 29 degrees (thats umm 84F) all night.

I felt that I had paid 100 euro for a room not much better than the one I had been in the night before for 65.

There is supposed to be free internet access, but the mouse was broken, and the keyboard not even a french one, with some whacky placement of letters which made typing anything a pain in the butt.

Directions: Just down from the Moulin Rouge

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews