VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Berlin Hotels

Our Members Say

• Nikolay_Ivanov profile photo Nikolay_Ivanov
  • Reviews: 172

Happy Go Lucky Hotel and Hostel: Friendly and clean

I have found this hostel very easily because I travelled several times by S-bahn in Berlin; the hostel's building could be seen from the train (it has orange facade). I stayed there only for one night but I was very satisfied: the price was 15 euro (I paid a small deposit in advance), the staff was exclusively friendly and helpful. The rooms are in good condition (although the toillets are too small). <br/>As a negative side, I must say that there was no any view from my window, because there is another part of building opposite my room, but that was OK for me.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Zoo, Museum Visits
  • Written July 19, 2012
Tip Photo

• draguza profile photo draguza
  • Reviews: 1091

ANDEL'S

For a charming and affordable stay in Berlin, opt for the andel's Hotel at Landsberger Allee. This pleasant hotel comes with the luxuries of home away from home with designer interiors, spot on service and top class amenities. The leisure quotient at the hotel is admirable with its lovely spa and wellness center as well as multiple in house restaurants and bars. Further the hotel is a good choice for business travelers as well because not only is the hotel set in the heart of the city, but its business center and multi functional meeting and ballrooms are excellent for any corporate event. For more on the hotel, amenities as well as availability, call ahead or check out their website.

• Related to: Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 28, 2012

• AliyahGen profile photo AliyahGen
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

All over the place - it's great!: STAYING IN BERLIN

Well I'm visiting Berlin now for quiet some time. For 6 years actually. <br/>And how is it with staying, it's always better to stay in hotel if you have money and you want full meals, but for students and the ones that want to spent more money on tours or visits like: museum ZOOs restaurants, experience new things, it's not just cheaper but also better to rent an apartment. I lived in apartments every time i went there and I ate what I want, when I want, where I want, I can make myself pancakes at 3am, have my own stuff in refrigerator and I lived cheaper. Seen bunch of things, went in theater, opera, Zoo, in some dance schools.. and all for money I'd give away for staying at place where I'm hungry in the middle of the night. No thanks. &#61;D <br/><br/>If you want any good tips where to stay in an apartment, I'll be more then glad to tell you. Just ask me (; <br/>Different people, different life styles. &#61;)

• Related to: Family Travel, Travel with Pets, Singles
  • Written July 19, 2011

• matjung profile photo matjung
  • Reviews: 114

Melarose Feng Shui: Feng Shui in Berlin

I spent two night at the Melarose Feng Shui hotel.<br/><br/>The hotel featured a free internet terminal for hotel guests.<br/><br/>The interior made good impression. The last renovation can't be long ago.<br/>The room was clean, tidy and for a hotel - well sized.<br/>Not as big as the rooms in New York, Malasia or Egypt, but bigger than the ones in Switzerland or Ireland.<br/>It doesn't happen often that I can recommend a hotel, this time I do.

Besides the interior, I also liked the location, near Alexanderplatz.<br/><br/>From Berlin Schönesfeld Airport to Alexanderplatz it's about 20 or 25 minutes by train.<br/><br/>And Alexanderplatz is a good location to explore the rest of the city.<br/><br/>Breakfast is not included in the daily rate - you can order one for 8 Eurs.<br/>Though the breakfast buffett looked nice, I didn't eat there.<br/><br/>Near the tram station is a bakery where you can also grab a coffee and something to eat.

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written April 3, 2010

• bill32 profile photo bill32
  • Reviews: 17

Courtyard by Marriott, Teltow (Berlin): Good for business or tourist travel

Above average Courtyard hotel. Service is better than the usual German hotels (yes, most German hotel staff are usually somewhat slower and a little gruff than American's are used to). Hotel is about 20 minutes by taxi from Central Berlin and Brandenburg gate. About 20 minutes from the airport by taxi. Maybe more outside the central city for some tourists, but their facilities are good for business meetings. Have lots of small and large conference rooms, internet, and other business services. Services for business travelers is good. Example: I arrived about 10pm on a Sunday evening. Told staff that I needed a conference room for 6 people the next morning, with wireless internet, food, coffee, whiteboard, hardwire fax, and I needed to buy a printer and some supplies. 8 am the next morning everything was ready, they got me a taxi that took me to a local (5 mintues away) electronics store for the printer.

Rooms were comfortable, good phone and tv services. Food at hotel was very good, lots of choices, good European and Western breakfast selections. Several good pubs and restaurants near by, walking distance.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Seniors, Business Travel
  • Written March 28, 2009

• TheView profile photo TheView
  • Reviews: 251

Die Fabrik: A very nice hostel in Kreuzberg

The name origins from the house use to be a telephone and electronics factory but is now a clean well managed hostel (they name themselves a hotel) but it’s a hostel with dorms and double to multiple beds rooms and shard showers. From 18 euros pr. night.

A special feature is the warm water comes from a solar cell plant on the roof. <br/> <br/><br/>It also host a very nice café good for breakfast, soup, sandwich or a late evening beer.

• Related to: School Holidays, Eco-Tourism, Budget Travel
  • Written April 9, 2009
Tip Photo

• steedappeal profile photo steedappeal
  • Reviews: 407

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pension Brinn: Steps from U2 (and I don't mean the band)

Unable to find a room right at Tegel Airport I decided Wilmersdorf/Charlottenburg area was convenient for the final 2 nights of my stay, especially being on a budget. I have a friend who lives in this neighborhood which is very safe and very quiet. The best thing about this place is that is a block from Ernst-Reuter-Platz U2 U-Bahn which is the most useful East-to-West&#43;West-to-East subway line in the entire city. It is one of those pensions one usually finds only in Europe: located a quasi commercial-residential building and located one floor up from the lobby (there is an elevator but I never used it). My room (#4? at 60 Euros) was the only one with a private toilet/shower. The room itself was very zen-like but very clean. The hallways need a good paint job, however, but the small but high-ceilinged main lounge/breakfast room has a faded gentility about it with lots of magazines and fruit always available. I was the only guest but usually it gets very full although it seems that there's been a general hospitality industry slow-down, even at the pension level. The only disappointment was my breakfast where I noticed some mold on one of my breads although the owner apologized. A trip to her kitchen revealed a very clean-looking space so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt since she was very nice and welcoming. Best to eat out since I wouldn't like to eat breakfast in such small quarters if the place was full. There are several places down the Schillerstrasse. Be aware that as April 2009 there is construction going-on next door for a new opera theater but only during the daytime hours.

A very civilized location. The owner has run the place for 20&#43; years and lives on-site. She is very welcoming and speaks just a bit of English. Make sure to have her show you how the door to the pension works as the lock is a little bit finicky!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Work Abroad
  • Written May 10, 2009

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1324

Wombats: Central

Wombats hostel is brand new, opened in Feb08.<br/>Its the same owners as the wombats in vienna, which is also a good hostel.<br/><br/>This one is big, it has everything you need and its well thought out, even the smallest thing which many hostels miss, such as a small shelf for those on the top bunk and a small light!<br/><br/>They had a promtion price when i was there - 8 euro for a 6 bed dorm bunk, but i think double that normally.<br/><br/>its got internet, kitchen, restaunrant with breakfast, and also a good bar upstairs and its stays open til 2am.<br/><br/>its very central, 5-10min walk from alexandaplatz and its in Mitte and close to bars and nightlife.<br/><br/>I stayed here again for two nights in December 2012, dorm bed was around 12 euros but still the same good hostel and run just how a hostel should be run.<br/>cool place

• Written February 27, 2008

• berlinbaby profile photo berlinbaby
  • Reviews: 1

Apartment rental in Berlin

It's the best option for sure. You can stay in a really cool part of town and live like a local. I know of a place in Friedrichshain which is the hippest part of town if you are interested in visiting bars, restaurants and cafes in the rawest part of East Berlin. It is very close to the 1km remainder of the wall and transport services. The web page isn't up yet but if you email berlinflatrental&#64;gmail.com they will send you pictures and prices. I stayed last week for 80euros per night. The apartment is very modern and new and everything is on the doorstep.

• Written May 6, 2008

• loislois profile photo loislois
  • Reviews: 16

Hilton Gendarmenmarkt: Atypical hilton hotel

Of course high standard service etc in a Hilton is something expected and you will find it there.<br/><br/>Recommended for staying, in spite of the 225 Euros per night which is a high price for the hotel in my opinion

closed pool, hair sallon, gym , business corner, seminars-congresses facilities

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written May 9, 2008

• SandiMandi profile photo SandiMandi
  • Reviews: 187

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Liebling Apartments: R32 in Prenzlauer Berg

After an exhausting search for an apartment (there are just too many to choose from!) for our stay in Berlin, I finally ended up with Liebling Apartments (former Pension Liebling) and their apartment called R32. And I couldn't have made a better choice! As Prenzlauer Berg is our favourite area in Berlin, the location of this apartment was perfect for us. <br/><br/>We paid 70 EUR /night in June 2010, but I noticed on their web site that they now have a new pricing and it seems that in summer you have to pay 90 EUR/night.

The apartment was bright and spacious enough for two and I just loved the huge bathroom!!There's no lift in the building so be prepared to climb some stairs to the 4th floor. But if you don't mind that and like the area then I'd truly recommend staying there!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written August 5, 2011

Home away from home!

• ohceline profile photo ohceline
  • Reviews: 2

All-berlin-apartments: All-berlin-apartments

Renting an apartment with all-berlin-apartments was a good experience.<br/>They offer great help with everything and if you have questions they are opened<br/>365 days off the year to awnser them. The apartments are good, comfortable and<br/>they offer you the lowest price guarantee and still the quality is very good.

• Related to: Travel with Pets, Budget Travel, Business Travel