Holiday Inn Dusseldorf Airport Ratingen

Family Travel Business Travel Seniors
See Amenities
DAO's Profile Photo

RIPPED OFF

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 23, 2016

I chose this hotel because it was close to Dusseldorf Airport and I had a 9 hour layover. I wanted a good sleep before I continued my journey and I have always truest Holiday Inn. Well, I used to trust them. I arrived at the airport and grabbed a taxi to the hotel. A few folks were checking in in front of me and I finally got my room key. I asked for a wakeup call for 6 hours later and went up to my room. The hotel looked nice and even had an indoor pool and an English style pub. It was a shame I didn’t have time to enjoy the facilities. My room looked nice, the bed was very good and it was quiet. I just wanted a cold diet coke before bed and there was no mini-bar in my room. No problem! I had a few euro coins left and they had a vending machine. Which promptly took my money. And no diet coke. So off to reception, which was now full of people trying to check in. So off to the pub. I figured I would go and get my sleep and explain what happened when I got up at 5am. Reception would be quiet.

I had a good sleep and was in a good mood when I went to check out. The night manager, who I had not seen before, served me. As soon as I tried to explain the situation around the vending machine and my diet coke, the guy became rude. He told me in no uncertain terms that I should have spoken to him personally. And since I had not, he was not prepared to waive my diet coke bar bill or refund my money from the vending machine. At one point the Police were mentioned. Nice.

I really was billed for the diet coke on my credit card. So I paid for 2 and got one. The Night Manager is a complete jackass and turned a good and short experience into this review. You go to hotels to sleep. Do you really want to stay at a place that would employ such a jerk?

There are plenty of other options near the airport. It’s a shame, but I cannot recommend this Holiday Inn.

Unique Quality:

OVERVIEW:
• A Night Manager with a bad attitude
• Close to the airport, quiet
• Free shuttle bus to/from Düsseldorf International Airport
• Indoor pool, Pub, restaurant, outside pool, grill area
• Car parking
• Internet access

ROOMS
• Nice beds, pillow menu, quiet, good bathrooms and toiletries, sun lamp
• Air-conditioned, satellite TV, minibar (on request)
• Work Desk w/ Lamp, electrical adapters, phone

LEISURE:
• Indoor swimming pool and outdoor pool
• English Pub, Terra Mia restaurant (European a la carte menu)

Directions: Duesseldorf Airport( DUS) is 2.49 MI/4.0 KM away. Free Shuttle Available. Taxi Charge (one way) €13.00 EUR, Train Charge (one way):€2.00 EUR. By car is on the A 52 in the direction of Essen. Take exit no. 23 Ratingen-Kaiserswerth, turn right.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Pets Allowed
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Ratingen Travel Forum

Need advice about Ratingen, Germany? Visit the Travel Forum for Ratingen and ask our Answer Gurus.

Ratingen Travel Guide