Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Best VT Value Hotels

Raddison Blu Hotel managers temper tantrum

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 16, 2014

My wife and I were travelling on business and had been staying at the Radisson Blu in Letterkenny Ireland for just under two weeks when I caught the flu and became very congested. I’m asthmatic and congestion is a problem. My wife ran the shower for me to get up a steam, hoping a hot shower and steam would offer some relief.
The hotel wasn’t built with showers, instead a shower head is attached to a metal hose that is attached to the water main. After my wife turned the water on to run; a small rip in the metal shower hose was broke up and unknown to us, water shot out across the floor and into the hall.
We shut the water off and mopped up the spilled water with towels and called the front desk, told them the problem, asked to have the shower fixed and to have new towels brought up to the room. The clerk said he would and that was the last we heard from him.
Three hours later, I phoned the reception again and asked for a repairman and clean towels. The repairman arrived, fixed the shower head and left. Several minutes later a furious hotel manager called. She made three points in rapid succession. She was charging us $200 for the damage done by the faulty hose, there were two persons in a room booked for one and she was charging for the second person with penalties and that her workman had informed her that I was ill with the flu and did I want to see a doctor?
I was taken aback by the verbal assault and the invasion of privacy and general obnoxiousness of it all. I told her, no, I didn’t want to see a doctor. She said that it was not in the best interest of the other hotel guests to allow a sick person to “Carry on” in the hotel. I told her we were leaving the hotel that day so it wasn’t an issue.
I phoned my wife who was at her consulting site and told her about the manager’s abrasive call. She called the manager and tried to explain that the shower hose was broken.
The manager replied that “You and your husband are telling two different stories so we’ll get you both in the same room and get the story straight”
They agreed to meet at 5:00 that afternoon. I phoned the manager and told her I wanted the broken hose present as well as the workman who fixed the hose.
That blew her fuse. She went off on me. She snapped that the workman had taken the hose with him and had left the property for the day and, she informed me, I was not to tell her what to do in her hotel. I asked her to calm down. She replied in a manner that made me think she was speaking for the benefit of someone else she said “You are raising your voice at me”
“No one has raised their voice at you” I replied “I have Streep throat, I can barely talk,”
“In that case” she snapped “You are being aggressive towards me and I feel threatened by your mannerism”
I told her she was being aggressive I was simply defending myself. She hissed something and hung up. Several seconds later she called back and told me that check it was past noon and I was to leave the hotel “immediately”
I explained that we had arranged for a late checkout and we were leaving the hotel in four hours away, that I had a temperature, the chills and a breathing problem and I needed to rest before a four hour ride to Dublin. Her reply was that I was to vacate the room or that she would arrange with the local authorities to take me out of the room.
So I left.

• Radisson Sas Letterkenny
  • Letterkenny Radisson
  • Radisson Hotel Letterkenny
  • Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny Hotel Letterkenny

Address: Paddy Harte Road, (formerly Radisson SAS), Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland

Amenities at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

• Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge

Letterkenny Travel Forum

Need advice about Letterkenny, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Letterkenny and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Letterkenny hotel reviews