Hotel Due Torri

Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Excellent location and value

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 7, 2006

I stayed here from 4/27/06-5/5/06 at the onset of the tourist blitz. Ideally located on the south bank of the Tiber near the Ponte Umberto, it was a short walk from most major sites such as the Vatican, Pantheon, Forum, Capitol, Piazza Navona, Campo di Fiori etc. This saved much time that would be spent wrangling for crowded buses and metros. As noted previously, the rooms are a bit small, but given the above-noted advantages, I just bit the bullet, hung my belongings in the closet, and stored my suitcase in the corner, opening it when necessary. It was a good idea getting a cab from Termini train station, as I would have never found it on my own; it's located in the alley-like Vicolo del Leonetta, just off the Via della Scroffa. The small bed was surprisingly comfortable, and the room was restored to a clean, orderly state when I arrived home at the end of a gruelling day of Roman tourism. The staff were kind and helpful, offering advice on things to see, and the best ways of getting to them. I was also pleased with the resolution of a complaint. While cleaning my room, the staff accidently broke my travel alarm. This situation was promply dealt with, and I was subsequently reimbursed for my loss. My only real complaint arose from a situation I encountered when I shut the windows. When I did this, I noticed a faint, but foul sewage-like odor which may have come from some pipes in the wall underneath (my room was #103) . However, this was easily remedied by opening the window to allow the fresh air in. As this was the start of Spring, this was no problem. Finally, the daily continental breakfast was adequate, and allowed me to start the day fueled and ready to go. I would recommen this hotel to those willing to for go some luxury and get a good value.

Unique Quality: Well situated : within walking distance of most major attractions.
Clean, comfortable rooms.
Friendly, helpful professional staff

Directions: Pantheon/Piazza Navona area

Climbing Over Luggage

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 10, 2004

Hotel: Due Torri, Rome, Italy

I would not recommend this hotel if you are traveling alone. My room was so tiny that it made functioning difficult. I had to choose which part of the floor I could put my luggage: in front of the window, so that I had to move the valise each time I wanted to open/close windows/drapes, or in front of the closet so I had to kick the case aside each time I wanted to use the closet. To use the toilet, one had to first sit sideways since the sink was placed so close to the front of the toilet; consequently, once seated, you had a "sink" in your lap". All of this for $150 per night. I did arrive one day before expected, but was told that I would have the same room had I arrived on the expected date.

The hotel was clean, well located, quiet and the included breakfast was quite good. The front desk personnel were good, except for the evening desk man who 'granted' me the room for the extra evening as though he was donating it to me. I would have gladly paid a little more to have a chair and a place to put my luggage in my room.

Lovely boutique hotel in Rome

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2004

I had a very enjoyable stay in this hotel. It was located in a very quiet area but close to everything. Short walk to Piazza Navona. The staff were very helpful. Hotel was clean. My window looked out onto narrow quiet street. Single room was small - but not unusual for Italy.

Unique Quality: Each room had air conditioning, mini bar, bath, sat. tv, radio and hairdryer.

Directions: on a narrow street between Piaza Navona and the Tevere

• Continental Breakfast
  • Room Service
  • Pets Allowed

Rome Travel Forum

Need advice about Rome, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Rome and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rome hotel reviews