Central Hostel BG

Expedia.com Hotels.com

Singles Backpacking Budget Travel
See Amenities
oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Hostel like a three star hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 5, 2012

The Central Hostel BG is in a great position in Citta Bassa, very close to the train station and with easy access to buses, funicular, etc. The building has been renovated a few years ago and offer different kind of accommodation, dorms, double and single rooms with private bathroom. It has elevator, air conditioning, flat television ans wi-fi coverage in the whole building. There is also a couple of computers to go online free of charge and a phone for free national and international calls.
We stayed in room 4 in the first floor (second for Americans) and it was spacious and very clean. The hostel provide bath towels and the bed was already made, in some other hostel you have to bring towels and do the bed.
They have a parking for about 10 cars inside the gate that make it very convenient if you reach Bergamo by car as most of the parking lot in the center are to be payed by the hour.
The rate of 56 euros for the private double room included breakfast served in a big room at the ground floor. It consisted in fresh bread with various jams, nutella and honey, fresh fruit, yogurth and cereals. There was an automatic machine for hot beverages like coffee, capuccino, tea, chocolate.
The main door was open up to 1am but they provide a electronic card to open it in case you go back later.

Unique Quality: We were really surprised about the silence of the place, it was absolutely quiet, no noise from the street below.
The staff was lovely, very helpful and friendly, they gave us all kind of information we needed.
The whole experience has been great, we will definitely use it again in Bergamo.
It is a hostel with the same facilities of a three stars hotel!

Gillybob's Profile Photo

Great location

by written on February 25, 2012

This review is based on a visit to the Hostel in December 2011 and not based on an actual stay there.

Suvanki and I paid a visit to this Citta Bassa centrally located hostel in December 2011 as part of our preparations for EurMeet in 2012. We spoke to the very helpful receptionist (Valentina) on our arrival and she was very happy to take us around the hostel and show us one of their rooms.

From the outside, the bright red building looks distinctly like a hostel but the interior is well-kept, modern and almost of hotel quality.

There is a good variety of rooms including singles, doubles, triples, quads and mixed dorms. Prices range from €25.00 to €75.00 which includes a continental breakfast served from 07:30 to 10:00.

We viewed a quad room (pic 3), pleasantly furnished and spacious which was provided with four single beds (not bunks), towels and bedding included. Each room is also provided with a TV whilst there is also a communal TV room. The room included lockers for storage of personal items and a safe was provided for valuables. En suite was a spotless shower room including WC and bidet.

The hostel has free WiFi throughout as well as an internet room with 2 PCs.

Unique Quality: I was really surprised when Valentina informed us of the free telephone available. The hostel also has an excellent standard of security with electronic key fob required for entrance outside of reception hours.

A number of areas in the hostel are furnished with seating so that you can relax in a number of locations, either as a group or as an individual.

Directions: Map available on website.

suvanki's Profile Photo

Hostel with Hotel comforts

by written on December 13, 2011

Although I've not stayed at this hostel, I had the chance to view one of the rooms and chat to the very helpful receptionist, during our reccy for Eurmeet 2012 - From what I saw, I'd certainly book here when I next return to Bergamo

Central HostelBG: Hotel Quality, Hostel Prices is their blurb ... From the outside, the bright red painted building looks more hostel like than a conventional hotel, but is well maintained and welcoming.

Great location -5 minutes walk from Bergamo train station and the airport bus stop.
On a quiet street parallel to Via Papa Giovanni.

Welcoming reception area and the receptionist Valentina, showed us around the hostel and answered our questions.

There are 40 rooms -
Singles (35 Euros), doubles (55 Euros per room), triple room (extra size)(75 Euros) and quadruple room (extra size) - 95 Euros.
Shared mixed dorm -bed -25 Euros
A Quad and adjoining triple room with one bathroom for 7 pax - 147 Euros

These prices include Continental breakfast - served from 07.30 to 10.00 hrs
Disabled access and lift (elevator) to 2nd floor

We were shown a quadruple room (pic 2) which was spacious and nicely furnished and decorated. Clean sheets, towel and soap provided on arrival. Bedding/towel replaced every 3 days or to suit individual requirements.

I was surprised to find that each air-conditioned/heated room had a TV. (LCD Satellite TV and DVD with BBC news/CNN/Euronews etc) - There is also a communal TV room.

Lockers provided storeage. Electronic safes offer extra secure storeage for valuables. There is secure luggage storage space for larger items.

Off the bedroom was a spotlessly clean bathroom/shower-room with shower cubicle, WC and bidet.
Hair-dryer available

Free WiFi throughout the hostel (plus internet room with 2 PC's)
Free phone for FREE calling all over the world ( fixed and mobile) Apparently this is one of the first hotel/hostels to offer this service.

Other services etc

Secure entry - electronic key fob allows entry out of reception hours
Internal TVCC monitoring
Document/boarding pass print service/fax service

Vending machines/bar
Free private Car Parking

Pets allowed
Groups allowed

Directions: From the train station head up Via Papa Giovani on the left side of the road
Turn into Via G. d'Alzano (Hostel signposted), then Right, into Via Ghislanzoni - Central BG is on the left
Check map on website too

Paolomusc's Profile Photo

Great location and price

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 18, 2010

I was very dubious about this place when I booked it on Bookings.com but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of it. Extremely clean, helpful staff and superb location in the centre of the city just off the main road. Price was great too. The breakfast could be a little better but the trick is to get there early. Its just rolls, jam and coffee. Occassionally there is ham and cheese, but not if you get there late, but what the heck, at this price you can afford to get breakfast out if you want more!

I have stayed twice since and am going again soon.

Having just come back from the previously mentioned visit, just a word of warning. Don't ask the reception to order a taxi for you. I did that and they called the Hotel's own mini bus and the driver took me on a wild-goose chase around Bergamo before taking me to my destination. He didn't realise that I had been to Bergamo before and knew my way around. The only reason I needed a taxi was the distance. As it was we went around the San Marco Hotel twice and along the same street twice, both of which were no where near the football stadium, which was in the general direction I wanted to go. I don't think any of this was by accident so take care as he then charged me 14 Euro for the 20 minute journey which should have been 10 minutes and around 5 to 7 Euro!

Unique Quality: Fantastic location in the city. Could not get better at the price.

Directions: Right in the centre of the city and could not be better placed.

Good value

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 8, 2008

Good value hostel in a central location few mis walk to bus stop for the old town
rooms are clean and basic with there own shower room and air con nice staff who speak a little english a coffee and cake is served for breakfast in a cafe up the road.

Unique Quality: good location

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bergamo Travel Forum

Need advice about Bergamo, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Bergamo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bergamo hotel reviews