Tumski

Tags

Budget Travel Historical Travel Business Travel
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Conveniently Located - OK for Short Stays!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 14, 2015

The Tumski is a budget alternative and I stayed here out of curiosity, only for one night to check this out.

The location is a 5 to 7 minute walk from the city centre –a pleasant walk I would say. It is located next to the River Orda.

Check-in was quick, the staff quite friendly.

Room 407: Spacious enough (family room) with one double and a single bed, a mini fridge, flat TV, a tiny working desk, bottled water and a small closet. What was missing was an air conditioning. I attempted to leave windows open that night, but there was much noise coming in from traffic. Instead there was a small fan which I was compelled to use the entire night.
Another negative were the curtains which could not totally block light from coming in and there were no blinds as in most hotels in Poland. In July there was much light if you looked out of the window even at 3.30 at dawn so that was a problem. There was lack of sockets, but since I was staying for just one night I managed. The bed was comfortable enough, hard but this is how I prefer my bed to be.
I requested a kettle and went to the basement to see if I could have one. The lady was very helpful, did give me one and I appreciated her gesture.

The bathroom was spacious, luckily well lit since there was no window out there. A wall-hairdryer was next to the wash basin, the shower cabinet was wide enough contrary to others I come across once in a while that are too tiny. The towels though, were clean but dull from the years of use.

The REAL problem was the Wi FI though which is supposed to be free in the whole building, but in my room there was no access. I was exhausted from the trip that night, I had work to do on the computer, I expected important phone calls and emails and I had to spend time by the reception and lobby to do my work and answer the phone calls out there in the noisy lobby. So frustrating!

RESTAURANT: I did not take breakfast here, neither did I try the cuisine of the restaurant.
It was too windy outside that night and the restaurant on the ship across the hotel was closed.

From a glimpse I had at the restaurant by the reception before going out that night I noticed that it was packed, a bit dim out there ….not my piece of cake anyway. Two ladies I met outside by the entrance who were staying in the hotel too and had both breakfast one morning and dinner the previous evening, claimed that they paid 40zloty each for breakfast and they never went back. They also considered the restaurant expensive and were not that thrilled and that was the reason they had it somewhere else that night. In fact they were coming from the Corso Restaurant they said.

I have no idea if I would ever go back ....perhaps if I had no other alternative and that because of total lack of Wi Fi in my room. Otherwise, I recommend this hotel to others for short stays only.

PeterStart's Profile Photo

Wroclaw's great value hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2007

We took the bus from the airport to the hotel, the driver agreed to drop us off at the hotel. The hotel is well maintained on the outside and the rooms are great. The rooms are ensuite and well decorated and clean. It's the kind of hotel that has a shower gel dispenser in the shower. The service was great, the receptionist was friendly and spoke good English. We found the price of the rooms to be very resonable. The location of the hotel is within a 15 - 20min of the beautiful town square. I would recommend this hotel as it was great value for money. I would recommend taking directions for the walk to the square, but only because I had trouble getting my bearings. My only regret is that we only stayed there for one night.

Unique Quality: The hotel is an historic building with loads of character.

Directions: 15 - 20min walk from the main town square.

Wroclaw by Night

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 26, 2004

Wroc?aw by Night
We offer to take you on an evening stroll through the streets of the old Wroc?aw. The beautifully illuminated University building, churches, ancient houses and Wroc?aw bridges reflected in the Odra river provide an unforgettable view. After the walk ? a visit to a pub or club.
The programme includes:
* accommodation in a double room
* breakfast
* a ride in a horse-drawn carriage [individual tourists]
* an evening guided tour through the streets and squares of the old Wroc?aw [groups]
* a visit to a club, pub or disco.

Toja's Profile Photo

Well.. looks good to me

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 10, 2004

I cannot describe my stay there, as I live in Wroclaw and I’ve never had to rent a room here. But I know someone who stayed there and seemed over-thrilled about that ;-). For further recommendations ask a guy called Plymouth (one of our VT society)

Unique Quality: Situated nearby the great historical place - Ostrow Tumski (see my nightlife recommendations) the views cannot be denied.. Behind the hotel.. there are 2 green islands (one with a playground for kids), connected by the system of bridges.. some fragments of the old canals and locks system as well.. Just next to this hotel there is also an old water-mill.. I guess.. the hotel is located in one of the former granaries (but this, although very probable, is only my conclusion.

Directions: one of the islands..

call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

a hotel near the cathedral

by written on October 20, 2002

it's new, it's nice, it's cheerful... and, like most polish hotels, it's a bit on the expensive side. I have not seen the hostel side, but the hotel rooms are really comfortable and cosy.

Unique Quality: poeple speak english, it dubs as a hostel, and there's a nice bar on the premises

Directions: neat ostrow tumski, on the riverside

Nearby Tumski

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Wroclaw Travel Forum

Need advice about Wroclaw, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Wroclaw and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Wroclaw hotel reviews

Śląsk Wrocław
Go tram hunting.
Explore the old town.
Things to Do
Go for a pizza and a beer.
Things to Do
Cathedral Island -The Jewel of Wroclaw!
Things to Do
Tumski Bridge -the Lovers spot!
Things to Do
The Botanical Garden is a 'Must Visit'!
Market Hall -Definitely Interesting to Visit
St. Elizabeth's Church Interior
Things to Do
The Plac Solny - Beautiful to walk out here!
Things to Do
The Old Shambles -A Popular spot for photos!
Simply stunning!
Things to Do
Dwarfs' Hunt - An Attraction in Wroclaw!
Things to Do
The Most Vibrant Happy Spot in Wroclaw.
Train
"Churching"
General
Modern Stained Glass Windows
Things to Do
Coffeehouse in an old dairy
Restaurants