Miodowa 7, Krakow, 31, 055, Poland
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 215 reviews
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Exceeded my expectations, Value for money!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2016

The budget option in Krakow on this second trip was the Tournet Hotel.

It is a family hotel with 17 rooms. The ground floor is nicely decorated with pictures of cyclists, books and stuff having to do with cycling. The interior has a character of its own and is very inviting.

LOCATION: Central, in the commercial area of Krakow in the Kazimiers district south of the Old Town.

STAFF: Friendly staff and exceptional service, however the one who really makes the difference is the owner who is extremely friendly, professional and speaks well English. On the whole, they would do anything to help, recommend spots and places and give their guidelines if needed, accordingly.

RESTAURANT: There is a tiny bar and a nicely decorated back-yard for guests to sit and relax, to have a snack or enjoy a Polish dish or a cocktail.
Breakfast was a nice surprise too. Buffet had plenty of choices enough to keep you full for several hours.

ROOM: The room had 3 single beds instead of two, it was clean, spacious and functional with a mini bar and plenty of storage room. I remember we had a good night’s sleep as well.

Without checking the cupboard the first day, we were somewhat disappointed not to find even a glass in the room. Accidentally we noticed the cupboard the next day and we found more than we needed in there! (Electric kettle, sponge and washing liquid, glasses and other handy stuff). What was missing though were a couple of tea and coffee sachets....thus if you plan staying here, bring your own. Also bottles of water are not provided but I don’t consider this a problem at all.

Wi Fi was fast.

BATHROOM: Clean but small with soap dispensers on the wall in the place of toiletries and even though the sliding shower-cabin-door was not that stable yet the pressure of water was that strong that made the door problem seem minor! Yet I know that the owner will see that it is fixed.

SERVICE: We requested a second pair of towels as there was just one set and in minutes we got them. I needed an umbrella on a rainy day and I was given one to use for the time I was there, however the best is that the hotel does provide an iron and board.

On the whole the stay was pleasant and if ever back to the same district, I would definitely return here. A big thanks to Piotr the owner, Monika and Roman. The coming months the hotel is going to be upgraded. I got this piece of news after a chat I had with the owner, so this is also great news. Book without hesitation!

Add to your Trip Planner
salisbury3933's Profile Photo

An excellent place to stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 23, 2005

We stayed at Tournet when we visited Krakow. The owner Piotr Dzialowy used to be in the business of doing up buildings, and so has used his considerable talents in designing the interior of the rooms.
It cost us the equivalent of 40 Euros a night including breakfast, and is handily located in the Kazimierz area, so you can walk to Wawel castle, the train and bus stations and the old town easily enough. Piotr will also do airport transfers if you wish at a reasonable price.

Unique Quality: Nice interiors and friendly staff.

Add to your Trip Planner

Nearby Tournet

• Tournet Hotel Krakow

Address: Miodowa 7, Krakow, 31, 055, Poland

5 Photos of Tournet

View Professional Photos

Krakow Travel Forum

Need advice about Krakow, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Krakow and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Krakow hotel reviews