Barcelona Hotels

Our Members Say

• sue_stone profile photo sue_stone
  • Reviews: 2318

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Living Ramblas 2 - Apartment: Living Ramblas 2 - Apartment in Barri Gotic

On our second visit to Barcelona my sister Alison came along with us and we decided to stay in an apartment, as it was cheaper than two hotel rooms. After browsing numerous apartment rental sites I came across a site that I liked (gobcn apartments) and an apartment that looked good, called "Living Ramblas 2".

When we arrived at the airport, I phoned the apartment representative, Hana, and she said she would meet us at the apartment. It was very centrally located - on a small paved street, just off La Rambla. The apartment was located in a run-down looking building, on the 6th floor....and there was no lift :-/

I must admit to being disappointed by the apartment - it didn't look as nice as it did on the website....though I think I was expecting too much for 110 euro a night in such a central location. It was a lot older than it had appeared online, and it was very cold (we stayed in winter)! There was a small heater in the living area which did nothing at all to heat the flat - luckily there were heaters in the two main bedrooms which at least heated those rooms if left on for a few hours.

The apartment was pretty basic and the small bathroom was dirty. Linen and towels were provided, though the towels smelt musty. I am not painting the best picture am I!

Oh - I just remember the best/worst part - the ceiling was filled with RATS!! We could hear them scurrying around day and night. Not pleasant.

• Written February 26, 2007
Tip Photo

the main bedroom in the apartment

• Belsaita profile photo Belsaita
  • Reviews: 395

Arthostal: nice budget accomodation

I usually can't advice regarding accommodation in Barcelona (living there, never needed) but I've great references of Arthostal.
I know people who stayed there and they were really pleased. I've seen the place as they organize art exhibitions too and it's even nicer than it looks at the pics on the web

Good location, friendly owners, nicely decorated rooms, common room and kitchen for guests... plus organizing art exhibitions, concerts and other activities

• Related to: Budget Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written April 18, 2008

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 12994

SILVER APARTHOTEL: Good Accommodation

I chose this Hotel as it was reasonably priced for Barcelona, plus, the reviews were quite good.
Well, it didn’t let me down.

We caught a Taxi from Placa deCatalunya , the fare was only 9 euros in 2011.

It is located in a side street in the Gracia district, near “Casa Vicens.”
The Hotel is security conscious with the only way into the Hotel by the front door which only opens when the Receptionist can see who the guest is.
All of the people behind the counter could speak English, and were very helpful. My husband needed some medication and they were kind enough to write it down in Spanish for him to hand to the Pharmacist.
Our ‘comfort ‘room was located on the 5th floor, and this was reached by either of the two small lifts. It was a large room with a large modern Television, also an area with a sink, crockery, Microwave and Fridge, this we liked very much!
Bathroom had the shower over the bath and a good supply of hot water. Soap, shampoo & skin care were supplied.
We had a large window which overlooked the courtyard where breakfast was served [not included in the price, available for extra 8 euros] and also to flats. The area was very quiet and we enjoyed good sleeps for our 3 nights.

It may not be in the centre, but the location was excellent for us. Fontana metro is a 5min walk away, and a very quick way to get to the city centre, Sagrada Familia Cathedral and Park Guell.
They also have a car park in the same building.
We enjoyed our stay, and would recommend this Hotel on our experience here.

Great having a Kichenette.

• Written May 27, 2011

Our room

• mesoblonda profile photo mesoblonda
  • Reviews: 88

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rent a Flat, It's Better!

Located in the 'Ciutat Vella'.

A great place with plenty of room for two people. Even though it can sleep up to four, I don't recommend it due to the small water heater which would not allow four people to bathe (we found this out, don't ask how!).

Modern in decor and clean, clean, clean! Washing machine in unit (yea!) but you hang your clothes out to dry on the small balcony. CD player, hair dryer, dishwasher...most everything you need to cook a complete meal.

NOTE: Parking is worse than San Francisco and you'll pay over $25.00 Euro per day in a lot.

You won't go wrong renting this place.

A cafe is below the flat, in addition to the most AMAZING market FULL of anything you could want (wine, cheese, meat, fish, produce, eggs, dairy, etc.)

Walking distance to Margarita Blue (see my restaurant tips page).

One of my most memorable moments was waking up to the sound of banging outside the window. Looking outside I found paella being made in HUGE pans, approximately 8' in diameter. You can bet I sampled it...it was INCREDIBLE!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written March 30, 2004

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5193

Backpackers bcn

Backpackers bcn is a small hostel situated in a quiet street in Eixample Dret, only 10 minutes walk from Plaza Catalunya. As there is only room for 22 people (in three dorms and two doubles) the chance that it is quiet is good.
By each bed in the dorms there are big lockers where there is room for all your luggage. Sheets and blankets are provided.
Showers and kitchen can be used between 7.30 and 23.00. In the kitchen breakfast is served (it is included in the price) between 7.30 - 10.00. The breakfast consists of toast, a small muffin, a yoghurt, butter, jam, a fruit drink, coffee and tea. You can eat it either in the dinning area or out on the terrace if it warm enough.
There are two computers which are free to use.

The price is different between the dorms and for different months of the year. I stayed at the hostel for seven nights (five in February and two in March) and I paid 117 Euro.It is advisable to book in advance (I booked a few months before coming).

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written April 30, 2008

Dinning area at Backpackers bcn

• bpwillet profile photo bpwillet
  • Reviews: 1032

Loving Barcelona Apartment-Barri Gotic: Great location, great place

I opted to stay in a furnished apartment for this trip to Barcelona. It was in the Barri Gotic and arranged through the site LovingBarcelona. They were so helpful and very convenient way to stay in the city. The apartment was clean and well suited for my stay. Nothing fancy but so worth it. It wasn't a hotel so I felt I had the opportunity to really get a feel for the city. Though if you do decide to do this make sure you have matches on hand to heat the pilot light back up!

It was really close to the Urquinaona metro station and a few minutes walk to the sights in the Barri Gotic.

• Written February 7, 2004

Living room, Apartment in Barri Gotic

• surferob profile photo surferob
  • Reviews: 60

Apartments in Barcelona: Very, very good Hostel

If it weren't for an internet search on hostels.com I did before I left home, I would never have found this place. Despite its dead-center location in the old Gothic Quarter of town, oddly-named Apartments in Barcelona is almost totally hidden, like some chic LA nightclub with no sign on the door.

I'm glad I did find it though. It's a small, immaculate hostel run by a very friendly young couple. Even though it sits on one of Barcelona's main boulevards it seemed to me to be very quiet (although I wasn't in the street-facing side of the building). The beds are new and comfortable, there's a cozy little lounge with couch and tv, and a sparkling clean, fully-equipped kitchen. The bathrooms are also totally satisfactory, however the showers are very small (the only thing I was unhappy with in fact).

A bed in a six-bed dorm was 19.50 Euros. I'm not sure about the rest of the rates.

Location is great. The hostel is quite new and therefore doesn't have that dirty, rundown feel that so many do. Staff is very friendly and I think I recall there was no curfew or lockout. There are private rooms for couples traveling together, but be sure to book in advance for those because they were full in January, so you could expect the same in high season.

• Written January 17, 2004
Tip Photo

This is the lobby/lounge area.

• fairy_dust profile photo fairy_dust
  • Reviews: 809

Hotel Fornos: A hotel good for students

After arriving in Barcelona in the evening, we began our search for a place to sleep. Every hostel and hotel was full, and we wandered around for at least an hour, getting rejected by hotels and hostels. We were tired, sweaty, and cranky. We were willing to take anything no matter how crappy or how expensive. We would have even stayed at the friggin' Ritz if they hadn't been full!

But then we finally found a place that, coincidentally, had one room left and it was for four people (there were four of us). It was at a small hotel called Hotel Fornos, at the Ramblas. We were so relieved to finally have a place to rest, shower, and sleep!

Our room was clean, and the front desk man was friendly. He gave us tips on how to keep our money/purses safe. We had a nice view of the street from where our room was. The hotel in general wasn't fancy, but not run-down either - decent and average. Great for students or backpackers who don't want to pay ridiculously high amounts of money just for a place to sleep. A room for four people costs about 110 Euros a night.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking, School Holidays, Study Abroad
  • Written January 27, 2004
Tip Photo

View of the street from my hotel room

• also-cc profile photo also-cc
  • Reviews: 5

Twin Penthouse Apartments, Plaza Reial: Designer flats above Plaza Reial

We enjoyed the spirit of Barcelona, in two designer's apartment, in a building dating back to a monastery in the 13th century, with floor to ceiling windows, a large terrace, with a mix of blinds and screens to enjoy both the sun and shade. And on Plaza Real - the real centre of the old town.

I stayed here with my wife and daughter in 2002, and we had the time of our life. We arrived on a late flight, and were met promptly at the flat - everything was *better* than we could have dreamed - the furnishings, kitchen, balcony, view... all were simply superb - even the lighting is amazing.

I would recommend this over staying in any hotel, especially if you share with friends. Both of the two flats (which can be rented together and an adjoining door opened) sleep 4 people in comfort (2 doubles).

An unforgettable city, and a place we simply did not want to leave - we would spend evenings in the apartment rather than eat out or explore, as it was so fantastic.

Probably the most outstanding view over the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona, and especially engrossing in the evenings.

Being able to enjoy an alfresco meal with the family, and glance over the balcony to see the Sunday coin and stamp market amongst the palm trees below was simply a joy.

One night we slept under the stars on the terrace - it was just magical.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written January 14, 2004

Designer apartment above Plaza Real

• Raimix profile photo Raimix
  • Reviews: 1728

Hostal Rembrandt: Hostal Rembrandt

The hostel is on Portoferrisa street, one of the main Gothic quarter shopping street of Barcelona, connecting Rambla and Cathedral square, so I should say location was ideal to stay.

The room for two cost about 58 euros. The room was small, but nice one, also silent, windows were not into active street. The thing I didn’t like as for hot days – there was no conditioner, just a big fan that caused draught. Our stay here was for 3 nights.

• Written October 14, 2010

• Raimix profile photo Raimix
  • Reviews: 1728

AWA Ribagorza: AWA Ribagorza

The place is located not so far from Arch de Trumphe, but further from main active places as Rambla street. Actually I liked this place more than Hostel Rembrandt. Actually it got more facilities – there was a nice conditioner and TV. Place was quite convenient for having a walk to Barcelona beach area.

Room for two persons cost 54 euros. We stayed here for 3 nights. Only hard thing is that receptionists spoke only in Spanish.

• Written October 14, 2010

• Lemonita profile photo Lemonita
  • Reviews: 188

Barcelona Guesthouse: Centrally located Guesthouse

I found the website of this guesthouse on internet.

The whole house is being rented out, minimum 3 nights for 65 euros/night. There are 3 rooms in the house. Bathroom and toilets are shared but they are not exceptionnally clean though.

We had the smallest room of the appartment so we only paid 50 euros/night. Our room was acceptable but the wall that separated us from the room next to us was paper thin. So I got woken up during the night when our neighbors came back at 3 AM.

We compared prices with pensions and this seemed like a good deal because this Guesthouse is centrally located, 5 min walking distance from Placa Catalunya.

Very centrally located and we were at walking distance from metro and lots of restaurants.

• Written June 14, 2003

• tango_jd profile photo tango_jd
  • Reviews: 77

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel International - Rambla Dels Caputxins: Simple 1-star - but what a location!

A 1-star hotel right on the Ramblas and right next to the little streets that lead into the Gothic Quarter. Absolutely fabulous!
The room was a bit tatty but the bed and bathroom were OK. The breakfast was very good indeed with quite a few choices.
Tea and coffee can be obtained from a few of the cafe bars just across the road and the Cafe De L'Opera was a short distance down the Ramblas - great for Chocolate and Churros on your way back to bed after a long days sight-seeing!
We overlooked the Ramblas and were right above the "Gaudi dragon" that is on the corner of one building - and just across the street from the famous Joan Miro mosaic.

Location, location, location - and price.

• Written January 19, 2009

View from our bedroom!

• csordila profile photo csordila
  • Reviews: 703

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Jazz: 3 star hotel in the near of Placa Catalunya

Hotel Jazz is a 3 star hotel. It is very modern with central location.
It is offered a panoramic view over the street below.
In the room you can find a flat screen TV, mini-bar and a bathroom.

In the bar there is free internet too. You can use also a pool on the top of the roof.
The staff are very friendly, helpful.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Wine Tasting, Beer Tasting, Family Travel
  • Written October 25, 2011

Central location - Hotel Jazz

• davidlop profile photo davidlop
  • Reviews: 172

Don't desperate if all seem full or expensive: Looking for a hotel in Barcelona?

Barcelona has a big amount of hotels of many kinds, usually with good quality and price. But if you can't find your budget and/or a place to stay, as there are also many exhibitions that top them, don't desperate. Half the year you can find more than twice rooms not far away from Barcelona, as all the coast in 200km around is very turistical, and good offers are available. As there's a good public transportation system (train and buses), being 50 km away is just a matter of not much more than half an hour to get to the city center. Maybe you'll loose a little of the night magic on the city, but...

• Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel