Vincci Maritimo Barcelona

Tags

Women's Travel Food and Dining Photography
See Amenities
Roadquill's Profile Photo

Nice, upscale in Selva del mar

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 23, 2011

the Vincci Maritimo is a nice hotel slightly out of the hustle and bustle of central Barcelona. The facilities are nice, but there is not extra stuff like a workout room or pool. The staff are well trained and I give them 5 Stars. The rooms are modern and comfortable. The beds were firm, someone wanting a soft, cushy bed would be disappointed. The breakfast (included in our price) was very good, with a wide array of meats, cheeses, warm scrambled eggs, sausages, plus your rolls, coffee, juice and cava. The espresso machine had its cranky moments. It is about a 10 minute walk to the wide, sandy beach. The value is excellent. The downside was the 6 stops away from Barceloneta stop and the 5 minute walk to the Selva sur mer metro stop. A 5 minute walk North and you are right at the new shopping mall. Other downside....no free wifi.

Add to your Trip Planner

Only stay here if you hate sleep.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 17, 2010

Pleate note - I have never ever taken the time to review anything online. THAT'S how strongly I feel about warning you about this hotel. We got a great package deal through one of the major booking websites - there were many hotel choices and since we are not picky travelers AT ALL...we went for one of the less expensive options. Doing it again I would have GLADLY spent more for a different hotel. I'll cover for what us, are the most important factors in deciding where to stay.

Again, please realize, we are NOT "snooty" travelers. We often backpack, stay in hostels, on couches etc... You will never hear me complain about smudges on mirrors, towels that aren't soft enough etc. Even room size - I don't care about that because we are never there except to sleep. Which brings me to why I feel so strongly about this place. THE BED.

We didn't sleep. We stayed six nights and never got more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. The bed was SO HARD. Even more terrible than a hard bed - you can feel each and every giant metal spring in the mattress and when you or your partner move around THE SPRINGS MAKE NOISE. Like, noises similar to the beating of a little drum. I'm not exaggerating. At one point I went to sleep in the bathtub but had to get out because the shower leaked. We are young, in shape and ALWAYS sleep SOUNDLY on vacation. We woke up aching, in pain and exhausted. The bed and quality of sleep single-handedly just about ruined our vacation.

IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THIS - PICK A DIFFERENT PLACE TO STAY. YOU WILL NOT SLEEP, I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE YOU!

Other than that... this place had other negative things going for it.

The desk staff was pretty rude. Whatever, not a big deal - we never talk to them.
There are no late night (or any other time of day for that matter) eateries in the area. There isn't much at all in the area - it's pretty empty, the economy has hit this area pretty hard - most things are closed down and covered in graffiti.
The food at the hotel is so expensive, there is no way we would even consider eating it.
It's on the outskirts of the city center - there is nothing fun/exciting/"Barcelona" in the area.

The only positives;
Close to the subway - about a five minute walk.
A mall down the street which contains a giant grocery store
Mini fridge in the room in which to store our grocery store food.
The beach is only about 3 blocks away which made for a nice walk along the water into the city center.

When we checked in I saw the "normal" rates they charge to stay there. You have got to be out of your freakin mind to pay full price at this place. I couldn't believe my eyes. If we hadn't received a great package deal I would have never booked this place. Even still - I would have GLADLY paid more for a better place to stay.

Considering the only positive things this place has going for it - you will see right away that those things can be found AT A PLETHORA OF OTHER HOTELS. The negatives highly outweigh the positive things this hotel has going for it. I would HIGHLY SUGGEST choosing a hotel nearer to the city - PLEASE pick another hotel. You will regret staying here.

sylina's Profile Photo

pleasant

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 17, 2007

The international conference center locates in the Diagonal Mar area. A bit out of downtown. I would not recommend to reach there by metro from the airport.. would be exhausted with your luggage walk up and down. Hop on one taxt takes you around 30 minutes and 40 euros.

At first we were trying to book Hilton which is right beside of the conference center. But unfortunaly it was full. So we change to Vincci Maritimo. it's also very close, 5 minutes by walking. Diagonal Mall is in the same area where you can do some shopping. Many restaurants as well for dine.. the Metro is 5 minutes away in the other direction. You can reach most of the tourist spots easily by that.

The hotel is very neat. We got a big room in modern design. I love the bathroom, nice deco...

There is a small park in the neighbourhood. The beach is 10 minutes away, I went jogging in the morning during my stay. It was very nice experience. The coast area was new built in a wonderful way. Many locals were there jogging, cycling.. i even saw a young couple sleeping on an airbed right on the beach.. :)

Unique Quality: The breakfast buffet was abundant. we had once in outdoor area.. really enjoy it with nice warm weather...

Directions: Diagonal bay

Janani's Profile Photo

A Smart, Modern Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 17, 2005

We booked this hotel over the Internet and, although its advertised rates were quite expensive, got such a good price that we assumed they’d allocated one room for all three of us to share, however, when we arrived, we found we had two rooms, both of which were a good size and had smart, very modern décor, in keeping with the overall look of the hotel. The bathrooms were also a fairly good size and well decorated, although their glass doors alarmed us slightly until we had investigated exactly how see through they were! The beds were very comfortable, so comfortable, in fact, that we all nodded off immediately on our arrival, when we had intended only to check them before unpacking! The rooms had a large window, facing away from the main street, I think overlooking a small park or the gardens of the apartments behind.

We had the buffet breakfast at the hotel on several days and found it very good, with plenty of fresh fruit and nice coffee, but rather pricey, unless you can manage to eat your money’s worth. We also had breakfast one morning at a café in the local shopping centre, just a few minutes’ walk away and this was more suited to the size of our appetites. The hotel also has a restaurant, with a good menu, which we didn’t manage to try, as we had to meet our other friends in town to eat.

The hotel is located at some distance from the town centre and, although we had some reservations about this when booking, we thought it an advantage, after discovering how noisy the town centre could be and how quick, cheap and easy it was to use the public transport to travel between the airport and the hotel and then between the hotel and all the places we wanted to visit. In fact we needed to use a taxi only a few times, when we had missed our last train back and didn’t find that too expensive either.

The hotel staff were helpful and knowledgeable about the area, giving us good advice in response to any questions we asked and helping us on several occasions.

Directions: The Metro station closest to the hotel is Selva de Mar, from which it took about five minutes to walk to the hotel.

flyingpig's Profile Photo

Excellent modern hotel in Barcelona

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 23, 2005

What can I say - we had an excellent stay in Barcelona and I believe that this hotel contributed in no small way to our excellent memories from Catalunya. You won't go wrong by booking this hotel compared to the expensive, noisy, stinky competitors located in the city center. Solid value for money and style - a great combination.

Unique Quality: The Vincci Maritimo is an extremely modern hotel with stunning rooms for their price (we paid 75 Euros per night booking directly from the hotel's Web site, which had the best prices around): the bathroom is a impressive, with lots of space, sharp design and the best shower I have ever seen in any hotel room anywhere. Ask for a garden/sea view hotel (see photo). Rooms are very quiet, a neat feature in an otherwise noisy city. They feature high speed Internet connections (wireless or wired). Beds are excellent and so are pillows. Hotel staff is helpful. The Barrio Gotico is only 7 metro stops away and the Ramblas 7 Euros by taxi.

Directions: Great location, 300 m. from the Metro Selva de Mar, 400 m. from the sea, 200 m. from a shopping center, 100 m. from a park for jogging

Nearby Vincci Maritimo Barcelona

Vincci Maritimo Barcelona

• Vincci Barcelona
  • Vincci Maritimo Barcelona Hotel Barcelona

Address: Calle Llull 340, Esquina Selva de Mar, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08019, Spain

8 Photos of Vincci Maritimo Barcelona

• Room Service
  • Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge

Barcelona Travel Forum

Need advice about Barcelona, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Barcelona and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Barcelona hotel reviews