Hotel Primavera

sswagner's Profile Photo

One of the best....

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 24, 2006

This hotel was not far from the station. It appears as a chalet with nice balconies, a good restaurant, and a nice garden area. The staff is very friendly, and were very accomodating. I found the breakfast to be nice with good choices, and the free use of internet was helpful to send messages back home. The views of the Matterhorn are excellent. It is on the far side of the river from the train station, so the mountain is not obstructed by the ridge in front of it. Some of my favorite photos of the mountain are from the balcony of the room. Everything is withing easy walking distance as Zermatt is not too large. I highly recommend the Primavera. It is a good value for this region.

Unique Quality: Some of the best moments of this trip was simply sitting on the balcony and looking at the views.

Add to your Trip Planner
Tripack's Profile Photo

Good value hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 11, 2005

Last week, I decided to go to Zermatt in last minute. So about 4 days before when the weather forecast was good for a sunny skiing week-end, I needed an accomodation at reasonnable price. I find this 3 stars hotel on the swiss budget hotel website: www.rooms.ch. I must admit it was a good value: I get a double room with balcony view on the Matterhorn (see picture 4), with shower and WC, a small lounge with sofa, TV with 58 channels for CHF 140 the night.

The Primavera hotel is manage by the family Imboden, staff was very friendly and helpful. When I arrived in Zermatt railway station, I gave a (free) quick call from the hotel information board just on your left when leaving the platform. 5 minutes the Primavera courtesy bus was taking me to the hotel (5min by bus or 15 min on foot). I just drop my luggage to the reception and directly head to the Alpine metro station Sunnegga which was only 300 meters far away from the hotel (5min on foot) very convenient. Otherwise you could take the bus at Wiesti Brucke to Matterhorn Express cable car station.

After a good skiing day, I enjoy the steam bath and a jakuzzi session to relax at the hotel. You could also surf for free on the computer in the lobby or use the WIFI network with your own laptop.

The room was spacious and the bed confortable for a short sleep (see my nightlife tips to understand why short ;-).

Breakfast buffet was large enough to feed me for another skiing day.

A recommend hotel for its good value.

Unique Quality: See the unique qualities above...

Add to your Trip Planner

5 Photos of Hotel Primavera

Amenities at Hotel Primavera

• Continental Breakfast

Zermatt Travel Forum

Need advice about Zermatt, Switzerland? Visit the Travel Forum for Zermatt and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Zermatt hotel reviews