Best Eastern Khreschatik Hotel

adethesteam's Profile Photo

A good central Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 4, 2013

When I looked at some of the other comments written about this Hotel I wondered if the writers were in the same Hotel as me !! I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of January, the room was clean, modern and I loved the bathroom and safety deposit box. In my room there was a latch to secure the door and slippers ,mini bar, tv etc were in there also. I had no problems with the Hotel staff, they were efficient, friendly,( at least towards me , lol) and gave me a good room at the back of the Hotel, there was only one drawback to this room in that outside there was a small building which housed some kind of machinery which was almost constantly in operation ! My room was 225 by the way, I think if I had of had a room in the low 200`s it would have been far away from this noise. The breakfast was ok, a bit of variety but not up to an excellent standard BUT In the morning I had a big breakfast which lasted me most of the day, no complaints there ! Also by the breakfast room was an area which hosted poker, there were many tables and people playing, no, I did not play as I do not trust myself enough to gamble on this game ! I liked the Hotel because it was on the main street, it was convenient and it had all the things I wanted. On the TV there were stations in Russian, Ukrainian, English, Spanish and Turkish.

Unique Quality: My room was excellent, no complaints,(apart from the noise coming from the outside building) it was cleaned regularly and the bathroom had all kinds of shampoos etc and very hot water for a bath, excellent !

Directions: The Hotel is almost opposite the Dnipro Hotel near Khreschatyk metro station. Next door is the Buddha bar but I went instead to a small bar /restaurant about 4 doors down on the left.

Great Experience

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel several times on business. This is a nice, clean hotel with friendly service and excellent location. Bar with plenty of seats, nice and quiet in the evenings. Barman very good, never kept us waiting even once.
Very good choice to stay in Kiev.

Thief's Haven in Kiev

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 7, 2006

A really exciting week's stay at this hotel to reach its climax with my room being broken into during my last night and having all of my computer and photographic equipment stolen - the thief had a key to the room but had to force the door chain. Obviously an 'inside job' and with no immediate way the thief could have got the stolen booty out of the hotel immediately because the fire escapes were sealed and the main entrance had the usual security guards on duty.

That's okay because I was assured by the Hotel staff that if I wrote to the hotel management when I get back to the United Kingdom then my claim would be conmsidered sympathetically.

But what a false promise this has turned out to be, with the hotel management simply ignoring all correspondence from me hoping, or so it seems, that me and my claim would go away.

Unique Quality: So, overseas visitors to the Khreschatik Hotel in Central Kiev beware for even if you lock and chain your room your valuables are at risk and, moreover, the hotel managment will simply ignore any claims that you make against it.

Kiev, nice city but what a pity about the thieves and the managment of the Khreschatik Hotel.

Directions: Go and stay there at your own peril.

trono's Profile Photo

Three starr hotel at the central street

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 25, 2005

I have stayed at Khreschatyk during Eurovision. Nice service, cosy and neat hotel.

Unique Quality: You can have breakfast early in the morning at the restaurant Stradivary close to the hotel, it's included in the room price. Breakfast is 7-11 a.m.
Rooms are quite good, without any sign of luxury though.

micro90's Profile Photo

Hotel in the very center of town

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 12, 2004

We stayed there 3 nights, the receptionist was an ex teacher and very friendly, she certainly had us organised with our paperwork and payment. The rooms were fine if old fashioned.

The hotel is centrally located you just walk out the door, good value pizza place in front of hotel good for meeting people.

Unique Quality: I can remember the following : a lack of toilet paper, BBC World on the TV, Air Con. Vintage but clean bedding. Oh yes THEY DONT TAKE CREDIT CARDS , just Dollars.

There is a travel exchange in the front reception area, its got a tiny window you have to bend down to talk to the attendant, be prepaired to get back ache as it take some time to extract cash from a credit card. lots of paper work.

Directions: 500 yards along the road from Maidan Nesaleznosti(independence square) heading towards the river , if you find the pizza place your there.

Nearby Best Eastern Khreschatik Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kiev Travel Forum

Need advice about Kiev, Ukraine? Visit the Travel Forum for Kiev and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kiev hotel reviews

St Sophia Cathedral
Golden Gate
Funicular
Things to Do
Metrograd (Underground Shoppping Mall)
Shopping
Pantagruel
The Wall
Timetable for Ukrain trains
Transportation
The best Indian restaurant in Kiev!
Restaurants
A new great The Burger, but Mexico and in Podol!
Restaurants
Very good restaurant with Asian cuisine in Kyiv!
Holy site of Ukraine
Bohdan Khmelnitsky
Kyi, Schek and Khoryv
The Cave Monastery
Things to Do
Forsage Dance Club - Best Nightclub in Kiev!
Things to Do
Best thai and japanese restaurant in Kiev
Restaurants
The best thai and japanese restaurant in Kiev
network "Nasha Karta"