Premier Inn Durham City Centre

hawkhead's Profile Photo

Will Go Again

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 21, 2012

I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. The location is excellent, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spotless. I dropped the tv remote between the beds and when I pulled the beds apart to retrieve it, the floor under the beds was as clean as the rest of the floor. I like having a choice of pillows. The beds are very, very comfortable. I also approve of the late check-out of noon, as opposed to other budget hotels which expect you to be gone by 10.00. We did not sample any of the food in the restaurant but were pleasantly surprised at the choice and the reasonable cost - will give a Premier Inn restaurant a test-run another time. Breakfast is expensive at £8.25 (but no more expensive than anywhere else) but two other, lower priced options are available. As it was, we ate breakfast elsewhere.

I haven't stayed in a Premier Inn before but I will definitely seriously consider doing so again, especially if I can book a room at the same bargain price that we had in Durham.

Unique Quality: Cleanliness - absolutely spotless. Nothing needed repairing, either!

A half-hour free wifi is a plus. Just enough time to let people know you have arrived. This should be an option at more hotels.

Add to your Trip Planner
Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Centrally located and near train station

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 25, 2011

The accomodations were clean, neat and pleasant. The food in the attached restaurant were above the usual standards in hotels and the staff were very helpful, especially when a few things went wrong with my reservations from Israel. They helped me get things straightened out and with a smile also.
Take a look at the web site, you can see "my" window.
Did not take photos of the hotel itself, but the photo here was taken only a few meters from the entrance door, along the river Wear.

Unique Quality: Only a few meters from city center and 10 minute walk to the main train station, very well situated both for business and pleasure.

Directions: Just past Millenium Place.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Bar / Lounge

Durham Travel Forum

Need advice about Durham, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Durham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Durham hotel reviews