VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Pontin's Camber Sands Centre

New Lydd Road, Camber Sands, near Rye, Rye, TN31 7RL, United Kingdom
#6 of 28 hotels in Rye
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 3035 reviews

never again

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 8, 2012

Booked an end of season holiday for myself and my two children aged 2 and 3. First of all pontins phoned me and asked me to change the date as they would be closed on the week we had chosen. They gave us a free upgrade to Club class accomodation.
On arrival at reception, it took the member of staff 15minutes to find my apartment key and find out if the apartment was ready. It was nearly 3pm before we checked in, instead of 2pm.
On arrival at the apartment, I was very pleasantly suprised. It was clean and tidy. Laminate floor throughout and very spacious. The television was an old style tv, which was not at all digital as advertised. I could only recieve 3other channels on mine.
After unpacking I took the children swimming. The pool was freezing! It was so cold that my daughters lips turned blue and the follwing morning I woke up with a bad throat after being in the pool. In the pool changing room there were strange mushrooms growing out of the wall.
The entertainment was rubbish and I did complain to the management, who seem uninterested and just told me it was end of season so some of the activities were not on. To be honest its not my problem if its end of season or not. I spoke to another guest who had paid £250 for his holiday!
Over all I feel very disappointed.
I came to pontins 10years ago and it was amazing! Blue coat shows every night and loads to do. Not this time. There was not a blue coat in sight.
I will be writing to pontins about this terrible holiday. We go home tomorrow and I cannot wait.
Don't waste your money on Camber.

Unique Quality: No entertainment
Mysterious mushrooms growing out of the walls

Add to your Trip Planner

• Free Parking
  • Kids Activities
  • Kitchenette

Rye Travel Forum

Need advice about Rye, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Rye and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rye hotel reviews