Hilton Stansted Airport Hotel London

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Seniors Luxury Travel Business Travel
See Amenities

Perfect if flying from Stansted airport!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 2, 2012

My partner and I booked the London Hilton Stansted hotel due to our 6am flight time from Stansted. We were travelling down from the Midlands, so the thought of having to wake up at 2am and drive for 2.5 hours in-time for check-in was not going to be ideal, hence why we booked to stay here for one night.

It really could not have been any easier. We booked about a month early so was able to get a standard room for £49 via laterooms.com and even received free parking thanks to Rashid on reception (which is usually £8 pounds for 24 hours, so it shows manners do go a long way!)

After checking out, we parked in the long-term stay car park for Stansted airport which is literally a 2 minute drive up the road, another simple factor of this hotel.

You can also make use of the jacuzzi/spa, pool and gym facilities, perfect way to relax before your flight.

For £49 if you are organised and book early, one night's stay here right next to the airport can reduce so much worry and rushing around before your holiday, such a pleasant experience we would definitely stay here again if every flying from Stansted in the future.

Couldn't recommend this hotel enough!

Unique Quality: jacuzzi
pool
gym
short/medium/long stay airport car pakrs- 2 min drive
free shuttle bus to airport

Openseas's Profile Photo

Excellent airport hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 30, 2007

The hotel is ideally positioned at Terminal 4. A short walk through a covered passage way from the terminal. The hotel is modern and well appointed with three restaurants, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, gym, business centre, day rooms, and a few shops for buying necessary items.

On arriving at 6.00am our room was NOT ready which we had requested when booking. We were told the room was not available until midday. After a long haul flight from Australia, we were not happy and expressed our disappointment. It was met with a stone face and was told, unless we had our confirmation booking paper; there was nothing they could do to help us. Luckily, a lovely lady who controlled the floor saw us upset and offered to help us.

To cut a long story short, we were in our room in 15 minutes. We were extremely thankful for this member of Hilton Staff. (Unfortunately, I have forgotten her name).

Our room 546 was a very small compact room with a double bed, small table and chairs with an equally small bathroom. It did however serve a purpose and we were able to get a few hours sleep and a much needed shower.

The restaurants are very good especially the Chinese restaurant located on the ground floor. Breakfast was complementary for Hilton members on the 5th floor in the executive lounge. We did however decide the next day to have breakfast in the main café and we found it to be excellent with plenty of variety.

Unique Quality: Overall, I thought the hotel to be excellent for an airport hotel and the facilities on offer superb. I have given this hotel a 5 star rating for the close proximity to Terminal 4 and the overall quality. Although the rooms were small they did offer all the necessary amenities you would expect from a Hilton Hotel.

Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Convenient, Comfortable, EXPENSIVE !!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 27, 2006

I chose to fly to Europe on a daytime flight because I cannot sleep on those overnight flights. It was SO much better to get a good night's sleep on both ends of my trip. Before continuing on to Poland I decided I would catch up to the time change by staying at the airport for the night. LUXURY was the word for that. Way too expensive but very comfortable. I had a wonderful room with all the little ammenities one would wish for...and the other facilities at the hotel were adequate. The breakfast was rather lacking, and the cafe is pretty boring...considering the prices in the hotel....but I did love being comfortable and getting some rest before travelling on.

Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Hilton Heathrow Airport

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 17, 2006

Luxury, good facility. There is a nice Chinese restaurant "Zen" in the lobby.

At terminal 4.

209 pounds not incl. tax

luftmedic's Profile Photo

Hilton London Heathrow - a much needed reststop

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 14, 2005

Check in: 14 Nov 2005, Check out 14 Nov 2005
This hotel is attached to LHR Terminal 4 by a covered walk way and offers day rooms at a reduced rate for long stopovers.
Positives: day rooms; very nice, well equipped healthclub and adequate swimming pool; comfortable beds
Negatives: it is at least a 10 -15 minute walk from arrivals in Terminal 4 to the hotel and the covered walkway is not heated; extras are expensive - minibar, internet access in rooms and restaurants

Tallchick80's Profile Photo

What a disappointment!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 30, 2004

When people think "Hilton" (no, not Paris Hilton), they think about a top-notch hotel. People BRAG about staying in a Hilton hotel, sadly, I cannot brag.
My stay was pretty disappointing, to say the very least.
It was my last night in London, and all I wanted were some chips and some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I called room service (this hotel is in the middle of nowhere, you are at the mercy of the hotel) and let it ring, and ring....and ring. Twenty minutes went by, I called and called. Finally, I called the operator and she went "Oh, yeah, we've already had a few complaints" BAH! It's a small hotel, they cannot be swamped!

Anyhow, aside from that (took me over two hours to get chips and ice cream), the shower was covered in hair (not mine), and the shower head was broken so that when I turned it on, it blasted me in my eyes and practically blinded me (at 4 a.m., this is the worst thing to have happen to you, or at least it was to me) The staff didn't seem to understand my anger.

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is it's close to the airport.

Unique Quality: Location!

nhcram's Profile Photo

Convenient

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 16, 2004

Stayed here before our last trip and found it to be comfortable and very convenient for getting to the airport. A bus leaves the hotel every half an hour and the cost is £2 return. The car parking was included in the package so the price did not seem that unreasonable. The food in the bar was excellent and the staff attentive and friendly. We have booked to stay again in July as we have a very early flight and we get that few extra hours sleep!!
The burger that my husband had was enough to go back there for!!!!

Directions: On the aiport although the bus still takes a good 10 minutes to get to the departure area

Nearby Hilton Stansted Airport Hotel London

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Suites

London Travel Forum

Need advice about London, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for London and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest London hotel reviews

Combined Suggestions
Souvenirs
Hard Rock Cafe
Restaurants
Public Transport (not taxis)
Pret à Manger
Winter Sports
Tour buses
London Dungeon
Tourist Traps
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Wimbledon)