Holiday Inn London - West

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Popular Hotels
Regina1965's Profile Photo

An excellent hotel, a bit far from the city center

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 7, 2010

Ramada Encore West is an excellent hotel of very high standards at a very good price. I stayed there for 2 weeks in May 2010 and paid GBP 65 per night for an ensuite double-room. There is a discount if you stay for 2 nights and then a higher discount if you stay for 4 nights. I had been looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel/guesthouse in London in vain for weeks when I stumbled upon Ramada Encore West. And it got very good reviews so I took the change of booking it even if I had no idea where it was - from the reviews it seemed like it was in the middle of nowhere.

The ensuite double-room I got was awesome, spacious with a desk and a sofa and a flat-screen TV with a lot of channels and Internet option (for a fee). The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spotless - with stainless steel sinks and very modern and the shower had plenty of hot water and a very good water pressure. The room was cleaned every day and everything was up to par. I was so happy I chose this hotel. The only thing I could complain about was their choice of open wardrobe - it was just hangers and a couple of open drawers. Maybe that is a new fashion?

The lobby is very nice, with a bar and a lovely lounge area with flat-screen TVs and two restaurants and Internet area with a printer. The staff was excellent, very helpful and professional. There are no safes in the rooms, but there are some in the lobby.

It is true that it is a bit far from the city center, especially as I prefer to travel by bus, so I did a lot of research before I left for London. There is a tube station only ca 5 minutes' away from the hotel - North-Acton tube station on the central line - and the journey to London's city center is only about 10 minutes. There is also a bus station right in front of the hotel with one bus 95, which goes to Westfield shopping center (7 minutes' drive) and from there I took 94 to Piccadilly Circus (20-25 minutes' drive depending on traffic). 148 goes from Westfield to Westminster and Victoria. In the street above the hotel you can catch bus 260 which also goes to Westfield. If you read my tip on Westfield then you will see that a lot is happening in that area.

Tesco Express is a couple of minutes' walk from the hotel and there are a couple of restaurants and pubs in this area. The hotel stands by a very busy road, Western Avenue, and across that road there are a few Indian restaurants. And if you cross the bridge and walk down Western Avenue to Savoy Circus (10-15 minutes' walk) there are many restaurants and shops, including one Iceland shop. But again I must confess that there is not much happening in this area.

Unique Quality: Unique qualities for Ramada Encore west is the luxury you get for half price I would say, a hotel of this standard would be double the price if not more closer to the center of London. There are so many dirty and overly priced hotels and guesthouses in London that I cannot take the chance anymore of ruining my stay in a lously hotel. I read dozens of reviews for weeks on hotels and every time I thought I had found a good hotel the reviews where so bad on www.tripadvisor.com that I backed out. So I am very happy that I found Ramada Encore and would recommend it to anybody.

I add more photos of the hotel in a travelogue.

Directions: North Acton tube central-line. Buses 260 and 95.

Add to your Trip Planner

New modern hotel with strange sushibar.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 18, 2007

I really enjoyed my visit to Ramada Encore. Although you can find more central hotels, its no problem since you can use central line directly to oxford etc.

We only payed like £60 each night, it was an opening offer or something. Very cheap compared to that standard in London. I think this rate has been increased a lot since then.(2005)

Ok hotel, but I will not stay here again. There are better, cheaper, and more central hotels than Ramada.

Directions: Central line. 5min walk from tubestation. Gaz-station and local pub nearby.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge

London Travel Forum

Need advice about London, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for London and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest London hotel reviews

Oxford Hotel London
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
every hotel Piccadilly
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
The Bentley Hotel London (The Waldorf Astoria Collection)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Houses of Parliament - Palace of Westminster
Public Buses
Pigeons
Warnings and Dangers
Airports (travel to and from)
Petticoat Lane, Spitalfields and Brick Lane
Portobello Market / Notting Hill
Music, video, DVD's etc.
Taxis
Transportation
Public Transport (not taxis)
Food and Drink