London Hotels

Our Members Say

Heathrow Hotel Bath Road: Best at Heathrow

I have stayed at several airports at Heathrow Airport and not always by choice (you suck British Airways). The Heathrow Hotel Bath Road is the best of them – if you are the one paying. From the outside it looks like a high tech-modern hotel. Don’t let that fool you. Inside is an old, dated and slightly worn out hotel. Here in lies its beauty. This hotel was built a long time ago and may have doubled as a nuclear bomb shelter it's so solid. The walls are thick, the rooms are massive and everything is quiet. You will never know you are basically within the airport grounds here. Absolutely peaceful. I had more closet space than my house, a very large bathroom and a massive bedroom. I specified a room on the back not facing the road, but apparently the front facing rooms are quiet as well. Doors shut with a whisper. Get in there!

They have an excellent restaurant, good bar, a gym open 24 hours a day and the staff are very helpful. I had a great night’s sleep. After a few beers in the bar I ordered an Indian takeaway from a leaflet I found in my room. Just like the hotel it was an economical price and was excellent. In the morning I had time for a nice hot soak in my bathtub. When I left for the 3 minute bus ride to the terminal, it was probably the most relaxed I have ever been checking in for a flight. Well done Heathrow Hotel Bath Road.

OVERVIEW:
• 350 SOUNDPROOFED and air-conditioned rooms. Absolutely quiet
• FREE airport transportation from outside the hotel (5 minute ride)
• Bar, restaurant, gym,
• Free Internet access

ROOMS:
• Soundproofed, air-conditioned, large, quiet, massive amounts of closet space
• Bathrooms with tub, shower, good toiletries, hairdryer
• Mini fridge, TV, phone, laptop safe
• Free internet access
• Trouser press, iron and ironing boards Tea and coffee making facilities

FOOD, DRINK AND LEISURE:
• Smith’s Grill – International and steaks (open 06:00 am – 22:30)
• Smith’s Bar – Several large screens with live sports
• 24 Hour Gym

CAR PARKING:
On-site underground secure car parking - £12.00 per day

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written January 24, 2016

Heathrow Hotel Bath Road

• steedappeal profile photo steedappeal
  • Reviews: 347

Chelsea Arts Club: A very chatty place, indeed

This is strictly a private arts club located in the wilds of Chelsea. I belong to a similar club in NYC, and was able to use my reciprocity.

It is like a favorite, battered sweater: a bit tattered around the edges but a comforting, extra layer to wrap about oneself.

At 49 pounds a night plus taxes, I could not match its value and singular character.

A healthy fifteen minute walk to and from Sloane Square (I would recommend a cab if you have a bit of luggage) . Victoria train station may be a bit closer.

The Club has very modest rooms. My bed (Room #3) was incredibly comfortable with a lovely overlook of the back garden. Overall, it has the ambiance of a bed and breakfast.

The food was delicious and is served in two dining rooms, one more formal than the other.

Bathrooms and showers are shared; they even managed to fix the broken toilet very quickly.

Most impressive was the number of members who mill about, chatting about everything and anything at all hours of the day and even into the late evening. Couldn't figure out if anyone needed to work or not!

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Singles, Food and Dining
  • Written August 13, 2015

Best Western Phoenix Hotel London: GOOD HOTEL ON A BUSY LONDON ROAD

This is a reasonable hotel in a reasonable place and that’s about it. I would recommend that you book early and insist on a rear-facing room, otherwise you have lots of traffic outside your window on a busy road. When I arrived I was greeted pleasantly and they even confirmed that I could get a drink from the lobby bar 24 hours a day. Nice touch. My room was up on the 3rd floor and it was interesting. It was tall and narrow. I had to walk up stairs to get to my comfortable bed. There was a desk up in the loft-like area. There was also a desk and TV up these. Cool. I had a luggage holder and plenty of closet space back downstairs. The bathroom was tiny, but worked, as long as I moved slowly. The best thing was that it was quiet at night and my bed was very good. I just had traffic noise in the morning so no chance of a lie-in.

The hotel is a healthy walk from Paddington station, but there are lots of dinning and drinking options in the neighbourhood. There are also plenty of corner shops as well.

All in all it’s an OK hotel and had I not checked in late, I would have had a quieter room on the back.

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
• 125 rooms on 4 floors – all are en-suite and there is an elevator
• Breakfast is included (continental breakfast)
• Smoking rooms available (very rare in London)
• Wi-Fi available in common areas
• Good location
• Bar – open 24 hours for hotel guests
• Quiet on the back of the hotel

• No car parking

• Room types: Single, Twin, Double and Triple
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• En-suite with toiletries
• Free Wi-Fi
• Non-smoking and smoking rooms
• TV, hairdryer, radio and phone
• Desk, chair, luggage holder, closet

• Related to: Business Travel, Singles, Gay and Lesbian
  • Written April 5, 2015

BEST WESTERN PHOENIX

• Galaxy31 profile photo Galaxy31
  • Reviews: 1435

Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5.: Convenient for airport terminal 5

Stayed at Hilton Hotel the night before I flew out to Cyprus. The hotel it was the ideal place to relax after a days work and just before I have started my holidays.
I have chosen this hotel for the location and amenities that it had to offer.
The room it was spacious overlooking the brook and car park with sound proof windows and blackout curtains, a well stock drinks fridge, an iron board, iron & hairdryer. Also it had a safe and a comfortable desk with an LCD TV.
The hotel has got a fitnes room, sauna, steam room, & a hydrotherapy pool, two restaurants and two bars. Also it has it's own coffee meeting area.

The hotel it had a shoe polishing facilities by the lift and also an ice machine in the corridors. As it was during christmas period I have travelled the hotel it was decorated in a very high standard.
Also the spa and gym it was a bonus.
In the bathroom it had speakers connected to the TV which it was great if you wanted to have a long soak in the bath with music playing in the backround.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written January 14, 2015

Hilton @ Heathrow 5

• jlanza29 profile photo jlanza29
  • Reviews: 733

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The London Edition by Marriott: Wow !!!!!!!!

We had trip to London planned and we were having a hard time finding any hotels under 300 Pounds a night in the 1st weekend of October ….. we decided to take a chance at this hotel called The London Edition by Marriott and we are so glad we did …. at 325 pounds a night it's not for everyone, but WOW was my description of this hotel …. lets's start by location … literally dead smack in central London …. the rooms were to die for … we were on the 5th floor with a balcony …. the showers were huge, the service perfect …. the lobby bar packed with the who's who of London mover's and shakers …. we only stayed 2 nights … wished it would have been more …..

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written October 10, 2014
Tip Photo

The bed was to die for !!!!!!!

• pieter_jan_v profile photo pieter_jan_v
  • Reviews: 6519
Holiday Inn Camden: At the Camden Lock

The Holiday Inn Camden hotel has 130 rooms (including 14 suites) spread over 5 floors.
One side of the hotel overlookes the Regent's canal and the Camden Lock.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture, Luxury Travel
  • Written September 21, 2014

Holiday Inn - Camden

• pieter_jan_v profile photo pieter_jan_v
  • Reviews: 6519

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

www.hotelmap.com: Easy searching on a map

Finding a London accommodation can be quiet a challenge. Especial in the peak season a last minute booking can be become a nightmare, because all the good spots are taken.

I recommend the hotelmap website. It's a clear map of London with navigation. Hotels that still have rooms available are clearly shown together with the rates for the period you can enter on forehand.

The fully booked places are marked differently, so searching becomes relative easy.

• Related to: Business Travel, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 12, 2014

www.hotelmap.com LONDON

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4356

Holiday Inn Express Slough: Hotel in suburban London

I thought about putting this review in Slough but I doubt that anyone would ever see it as who the heck wants to stay in Slough? But it was the best of a bunch of bad options for us, Mr. Dabs needed to be at Bray Lake at 6:30am on Saturday, leaving from London we would have had to take a very expensive cab ride.

So who stays in Slough? The 1st night it seemed like almost no one, the 2nd night we woke up the next morning to find a giant group of German tourists on a bus trip eating all the eggs and beans.

The location, for what we needed, was great. It was 2 minutes on foot to the train station that goes into London Paddington, it was 8.50£ one way, 8.70£ for a cheap day return, the express train only took 15 minutes. it was 5 minutes from the bus station that goes to Heathrow. There's an enormous 24 hour Tesco next to the bus station. Nothing is close to Bray Lake, it was a £20 car ride to get there from Slough. The car service called by the hotel had no idea where it was, fortunately we had printed out a map as GPS didn't know where it was either.

The free breakfast was very good, there was scrambled eggs, sausage, baked beans, toast, pastries, juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juice, fruit, yogurt, cheese.

The room was fine, probably the best bed we had on the trip, spacious with a loveseat and a desk. There was tea and coffee service in the room.

Free wifi in room, other reviews suggest that parking is not free so check if you are driving.

• Written September 11, 2013

• Kuznetsov_Sergey profile photo Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Reviews: 5128

Royal Sussex Hotel: Close to Hyde Park

We spent three nights in this hotel in May of 2004.
It is located Close to Paddington Station (5 minutes walk). From Paddington Station walk left down Praed Street, then make a right turn onto Norfolk Place, followed by a left turn for Sussex Gardens. It is a privately owned 3 star hotel.

You can watch my 2 min 05 sec Video Royal Sussex Hotel in London out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Royal Sussex Hotel has simply decorated rooms that have private bathroom facilities, trouser press, TV, direct-dial telephone and hairdryer. The Zebra Club is home to the hotel's bar and restaurant where you can order dinner or socialise after a day in the city.

• Written June 26, 2013

Royal Sussex Hotel

LUXURY INN: MY FAVOURITE B&B IN LONDON

Ok. I have to admit that I decided not to write a tip about this fantastic oasis of peace and tranquillity in central London for 2 years – because I was worried you might book it before I could. They only have 7 rooms! I love this place. I have stayed here at least 4 times that I can easily remember. I have tried to stay here many more times than that. This is just the best. Rarely does an accommodation – especially in London – actually look like the website photos. I booked this gem on hotels.com. Even before I arrived I was telephoned by Rey (who I never met) to make sure I was still coming and if I needed anything. In fact the staff never leave the property until the evening and they keep asking if you need anything. After that – this is your home and they are a phone call away. It really feels like being a guest in someone’s house who just left for the weekend.

When I arrived I was impressed that it looked like the website on the outside, it was on a quiet street and that there were several nice pubs and restaurants nearby.

When James opened the door and took me upstairs – I saw the fantastic communal area. An open plan lounge, dinning room and kitchen with a great desk for the computer. There was fresh fruit for snacks on the table. The espresso machine had dozens of different ‘pellets’ at the ready. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything needed to cook and dish it up.

Then I was shown my room. WOW! A great looking bed with a wonderful mattress. A nice looking room overlooking the Japanese Garden. My bathroom was chic and modern. The closet doors were actually massive mirrors. The TV had zillions of channels and I even had a nice desk. The air-conditioning was just right. James left me and I promptly had a mega nap for an hour. After that a trip to a great restaurant nearby.

The other times I stayed here at the palace, I decided to cook. With a £25 meal allowance from work – you can have a lot of steak, prawns, cheese and red wine for 1 business person. One very happy business person.

I have stayed in both the en-suite and rooms with a shared bathroom. I never had a problem accessing the shared bathroom. I also never seemed to see the other guest or have competition for the computer or TV remote control.

I have enjoyed several nights here cooking for myself, watching the TV and just having a great night in here in central London. I have never had a better evening of tranquillity on business here than I have had staying here.

If you find yourself working in the area – stay here and DIY (Do It Yourself). You will just love it.

Quiet, great beds and a home away from home.

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
• Just 7 rooms ! Book early and often.
• Wonderful modern kitchen you can use, dinning room and TV watching area
• Breakfast is included – with really fresh fruit
• Free espresso machine, coffee and tea 24/7
• Free Wi-Fi and a computer with broadband
• Laundry facilities – a washer and dryer you can use!
• Great beds
• Quiet
• Help with any tickets and tours
• Hair dryers and irons/ironing boards – just ask

• Car parking is only £3 a day! Reserve early !!!!!!

• Air-conditioned
• Coffee/tea making facilities
• Great TV with many channels
• iPod docking stations
• Free Wi-Fi
• Great beds and bathrooms
• Some rooms share a bathroom
• Access to the garden

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Women's Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 18, 2013

LUXURY INN

• Londontrip11 profile photo Londontrip11
  • Reviews: 2

Holiday Inn: Good placed hotel in the heart of London

We stayed in the hotel "Holiday Inn" a full weekend. We had a big family room with 4 beds. The room was very clean and confortable. Unfortunately, the breakfast is not included and you have to pay 10 £. The wireless internet access is also not included and you have to pay another 20£ for 24 hours on 2 devices. However, the hotel is really nice and good located. You are 2 minutes away from the Oxford Street.

Good location next to the Oxford Street.

• Written April 15, 2013
Tip Photo

• soboring profile photo soboring
  • Reviews: 1

Acorn Of London: Short term accomodation

Hotel and B&B are quite expensive.
What I can suggest you and what I did last summer during the Olympic is renting a short stay apartment. My friends and I were 5 and stayed in an apartment at Russell sqare, for 7 nights, it came up to £30/ night per person, quite interesting (especially during the Olympics), self catering, so most of the time we cooked ( much more cheaper than going out for each meal). The company we stayed with is called Acorn of London.

+ central London
+self catering
+ not to expensive especially for big groups

• Related to: School Holidays, Women's Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 23, 2012

• sserrato profile photo sserrato
  • Reviews: 1

Tune Hotels - Westminster: Inexpensive Rooms & Great Locations

Check out Tune Hotels -
The rooms are small, but the prices and locations are awesome. You don't get all the amenities you would in a "normal" hotel, but they're whole thing is "5 star beds, 1 star prices"

I stayed in the Westminster hotel and it was less than a 10-minute walk to Big Ben/South Bank

The bed was amazing, and the showers were great! Not to mention it was within walking distance of most touristy areas and if not, the tube station was across the road!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 8, 2012

• alectrevor profile photo alectrevor
  • Reviews: 1856

Travelodge Kings Cross Royal Scot: Handy for central London

Travelodge basic quality. Clean and comfortable . 10 minutes walk from Kings cross and Eurostar terminal. Cafe and Bar.

For London this hotel is good value at around £59 for room.

• Written September 13, 2012
Tip Photo

• antistar profile photo antistar
  • Reviews: 3382

Radison Blu Edwardian: Heathrow: Edwardian Charm

It's in a horrible location - only convenient location for air travelers with no shops or restaurants nearby. It's accessible only by road, i.e. taxi. But for all that it's an impressive and pleasant hotel. The lobby is grand, with a great faux-chandelier hanging over everything. It's so impressive that the guests line up to take photographs of themselves there. The rooms are big for London, and comfortable. Without shops and restaurants nearby, it's good to know that the one in the hotel is actually pretty good. Even the bar serves up decent grub.

• Written September 1, 2012