140 Gloucester Road, South Kensington, London, SW7 4QH, United Kingdom

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Popular Hotels
charlesracine's Profile Photo

We have been advised to try it.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 9, 2013

We were in Stanhope Arms Pub across from the Gloucester Road underground tube and met Andrew Woods and he said that the next time any of our group stayed in the area we should contact him for a good room rate at the Millennium, andrew.woods(at)millenniumhotels.com, just mention meeting at Stanhope Arms. On our recent trip we stayed at the Crown Plaza Kenisington.
Chuck

A three star at best

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 15, 2011

The good
the reception is of good size they have a great staircase and the breakfast although offering no changes over my 5 day stay was OK
The Bad
In conclusion
It was not good to stay in this Hotel it was my second stay in london i will not do it a again. this is a 3 star hotle at best

A three star at best

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 15, 2011

The good
The Bad
and I dont know where to start the single rooms are so small that you can only put your bags on the floor, the closet is less than 50 cm wide with hairdryer and the ironing table inside leaving no space to hang anything. the dryer has no socket to use it in the bathroom the hot water thing to make the tea has no socket neer it, i had the bad luck of having the closet where they the house keeping thing in front of my room so from 6 am every time some wants anthing i hear a bang which usually was how i woke up 4 out of 5 days, and as it was sunny the breakfast lounge was ver hot when the sun was up so the opened the door to make a current so you either froze if you were neer the door or burn if you were not, I know that having hot water in a diffrent tap from the cold one was the norm in the 19th centery to me it is not aceptable in the 21st. no free WiFi ?????
In conclusion
It was not good to stay in this Hotel i will not do it a again. this is a 3 star hotle at best

Britannia2's Profile Photo

Next to Gloucester Road tube

by written on April 2, 2011

I stayed here for one night in March 2011 and although my single room was small it was well appointed with a nice bathroom.
The staff were friendly and efficient and breakfast in the restaurant good.
Other than that I did not really stay long enough to get a better impression but my short stay did leave me with a good impression.
One issue - the room was like a sauna but I did manage eventually to cool it down.

Directions: Directly opposite you as you walk out of Gloucester Road station or a 49 bus.

malianrob's Profile Photo

by written on January 2, 2011

I would have liked to have been closer to the city center but once here I realized it was a good location. We were right next to an underground (subway) so getting anywhere was possible and without inconvenience. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel was inviting and cozy. The restaurant served good food and once again the staff was excellent. Breakfast was included in the priceof our room.
Our room was on the fifth floor and it was of good size. The bathroom was huge and even offered a towel warmer. The room was cozy, clean and confortable.
I would definitley stay here again.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers very good customer service but the concierge staff went above and beyond for us and I did very much appreciate him for that.
This was our first time in London and we had so many questions. I wish I could remember his name, but the concierge was extremely helpful and courteous. He knew all of London and was more than willing to share his knowledge with us.

Directions: Near Kensington Gardens, On Gloucester Road next to the underground station

cloed's Profile Photo

Location Location Location

by written on May 6, 2009

This hotel has a lot going for it but most of all its location - which is right outside the Gloucester Road tube station on the Piccadilly line,
The room as small but thats the norm with single rooms but it had all i was looking for ie a bed , hot shower and a flat screen tv !
my dealings with the reception desk were few but i found them very helpful.
This hotel is also only 5 min walk from the Natural History Musem which i managed to kill a few hours in and found it very intresting

Djinn76's Profile Photo

Another nice hotel

by written on April 29, 2007

Definitely less posh than his counterpart in Mayfair - this is definitely an advantage to my eyes - this is one of my favorite hotel in London so far! Agreed the room was smaller than usual and the bathroom had not been renovated to the latest standard but unlike the chain hotels, this hotel really has as soul!!

Furniture’s of the room are definitely not from the latest designer but rather on the classical and elegant side! Some people may disagree but I definitely prefer the last one!
Wired Internet access was provided via the hotel but wireless access was also available via T-mobile.

Don’t expect a room with a view, there is none in this area! Its location is the only down side of this hotel: quite far from the City but conveniently enough just in front of a tube station!

Unique Quality: If we have the choice between stairs and elevators, obviously, lazy as we are, we’d pick the latest! Well, not exactly in this case, it was a pleasure to climb the two floors through the impressive staircase and its amazing stained-glass windows!!

Directions: Just in front of the tube station!

crodri1's Profile Photo

Historic hotel

by written on April 7, 2007

We've stayed in this hotel on two separate occasions and would definitely stay again in the future. The staff is very polite and accomodating, the rooms are a good size, and the bathrooms are clean. I find that the beds are super comfortable and the breakfast buffet, though expensive, has great food.

My husband and I have only stayed in their standard room, but my in-laws had a deluxe room and it was HUGE.

Unique Quality: Originally a Victorian townhouse dating back to 1876, this building boasts to having the first lifts in all of London. There is no pool, but there are plenty of dining choices.

The Gloucester Road underground station and a taxi stand are directly across the street from this hotel, so its super easy to get around town.

Tourist attractions nearby: Kensington Palace and Gardens, Natural History Museum, Science Museum, and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Harrods and other shopping districts are also in walking distance to the hotel, but its also easy to take the underground.

Directions: Underground: Gloucester Road

wjstallings's Profile Photo

Nice hotel - I recommend!

by written on June 7, 2004

This is a nice old hotel. The room was not very big, but was nice. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and eager to make our stay comfortable. Rooms were well decorated.

This hotel is normally rather expensive. We were able to find a deal on hotels.com. Look around...There are deals out there!

Unique Quality: Old claw-foot type tub. Large bathroom with towel warmer.

Directly acroos the street from the Gloucester Rd. Underground stop. Great Location!

pedersdottir's Profile Photo

My home-away-from-home

by written on February 1, 2004

Perfect location for hopping on/off the tube at Gloucester Rd. station: Rumpole's old stomping grounds!
The rooms vary - we've stayed in several, on different floors, some smaller, some a bit grander. But all were very comfortable, quiet, with free daily paper, and that glorious Grand Staircase to descend on the way to the sunny/ bright breakfast room each morning. Friendly, international staff make you feel welcome.

Unique Quality: Views face either across the road toward other buildings or over inner light-wells, but that's not the point with this hotel. Charm and location is what makes us loyal visitors.
And for those who must: an excercise room is available at the Millenium Gloucester next door.

Just across the street is the Stanhope Arms pub and a stop for The Big Bus Company tour buses.

Room rates I indicated are for the ROOM, by the way - not per person and they start at approx. 100 pounds. Not bad, given the location in Kensington/Chelsea.

Callavetta's Profile Photo

Great Neighborhood, Lovely Common Areas

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 15, 2003

My first introduction to the Millennium Baileys was on the solo trip where I discovered the Knightsbridge neighborhood. I was staying at another hotel, with a rather dumpy, deserted lounge and bar area and looking for some company and civility. Voila, I discovered the beautiful bar at the Baileys.

The hotel lobby, lounge, bar and restaurant are beautiful. (On subsequent trips, I've relaxed in that bar, when I wasn't staying there) The downstairs loo is tres elegante, an invitation to choose this hotel as home base and find out how the bedrooms compare.

The room somehow disappointed me. For the price, the room was pretty much the same as cheaper hotels I've stayed at in the area; small, clean, basic.... With our window looking out on Glouchester Rd. there was a lot of street noise that the windows didn't really block out. The bathroom was very basic and our toilet had a flushing trick that was hard to figure out.

To be fair, I didn't look at other rooms so perhaps there were nicer. Unless one of my web searches nets me a really really low rate for this property, I don't think I'll stay again. I absolutely LOVE the common areas. But I can sleep cheap and use the common areas when I'm awake for free!

Directions: Right across the street from the Glouchester Tube Station. Also within a block or two are grocery stores, restaurants, pubs, Starbucks, Boots and even a Burger King. Walking distance to museums and about 1 mile from Harrods.

Nearby Millennium Baileys Hotel

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

London Travel Forum

Need advice about London, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for London and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest London hotel reviews

Madame Tussauds London
Houses of Parliament - Palace of Westminster
British Museum
Things to Do
30 St. Mary Axe (The Gherkin)
Pigeons
Souvenirs
Shopping
Airports (travel to and from)
Public Buses
Department stores
Petticoat Lane, Spitalfields and Brick Lane
Taxis
Portobello Market / Notting Hill
Driving in London
Train / Bus Stations
Transportation
Public Transport (not taxis)
Food and Drink
Belgo
Hard Rock Cafe
Walks and itineraries
General
Theatre and Shows (including tickets)
Eating, Drinking and socialising