Hopping Hare

Tags

Budget Travel Business Travel Backpacking
See Amenities

Overpriced budget hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 25, 2011

My partner & I stayed at this hotel as we were attending an evening wedding reception. The room was inadequate, & it would have benefitted from a fan as it only had one window & it was an incredibly hot day. Furthermore, I had to request bath towels as they had only provided us with one.

We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant on the Saturday evening & I ordered a fillet of sea bass. I waited thirty minutes for the food to arrive & I was given a portion of sea bass that was the equivalent of a mouthful along with a lot of deep fried batter that didn't contain any squid & a mountain of rice. I asked the waiter why I had only been given a mouthful of sea bass and she said its because its a fillet. I informed her that I eat sea bass on a regular basis at various establishments & it often fills the entire plate. She couldn't offer me any explanation.

Breakfast was extremely disappointing on both mornings. It consisted of cereal or a cooked breakfast. However, the cooked breakfast was of extremely poor quality & it took 30 minutes to arrive on both mornings. On the second morning they had run out of cheap brown bread. Considering that I had paid £130.00 pounds for two nights I was absolutely appalled by the use of incredibly budget ingredients.

I would never stay at this hotel again & I strongly advise people to stay here as an absolute last resort.

Unique Quality: None

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Northampton Travel Forum

Need advice about Northampton, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Northampton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Northampton hotel reviews