Holiday Inn Sheffield

Business Travel
See Amenities
iaint's Profile Photo

Dreadful Place

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 30, 2016

Where can I start?

I stayed 2 nights for a meeting which was held in the hotel. The organisation booked the room - and for others attendees as well as me. Between the meeting room hire, buffet lunch and the guest bedrooms it must have been worth over £1,000.

Anyway, I was given a 2nd floor room at the front. It was immediately above the front door and right opposite the lift.

The first night I didn't get to sleep until about 2am. Noisy drunks leaving a function and getting into taxis. The taxi drivers sounding their horns (yes, outside a hotel at 1am). Guests talking outside the lift.

Reception got a very quick and brutal complaint at 7:30am. They were apologetic and gave me a different room for the 2nd night. I got the impression this problem was routine for them.

The other room was quieter in the sense of not having the same noise problems. However, that side of the hotel faces onto a busy expressway, so the window had to be kept closed all night - I always sleep with it open. Another poor sleep.

The rooms are OK. They have been refurbished recently. However, the building dates from 1856 and I suspect the windows and doors are original. Replacing them would certainly have reduced noise problems.

I was in an executive room both times. That is astonishing as far as the first room is concerned. To be honest, they have a nerve renting it out at all if they have a function on. The same would apply to most of the rooms at the front.

Breakfast is a buffet. Average (the coffee was dreadful and the food OK). But a whopping £12.50 per head. It was included in my room rate.

I don't know what the rooms rates are unfortunately, as the meeting organiser just paid.

Oh, my hunch is the hotel makes plenty money from its function business (and to hell with guest comfort) as there was another event for noisy drunks on the 2nd night I was there.

Unique Quality: Noise.

Directions: Victoria Quays area, just east of the main part of the city centre.

Add to your Trip Planner
ZoeB's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn

by written on August 24, 2002

Around £150 a night but I managed to get corporate rate

Unique Quality: Sauna and Gym - although I didnt go in as there was a male ice hockey team staying at the hotel who were in there! Me and 20 Ice Hockey guys - hmm no !

Add to your Trip Planner

Nearby Holiday Inn Sheffield

Holiday Inn Sheffield

• Sheffield Holiday Inn
  • Holiday Inn Sheffield Hotel Sheffield

Address: Victoria Station Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S4 7YE, United Kingdom

3 Photos of Holiday Inn Sheffield

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Sheffield Travel Forum

Need advice about Sheffield, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Sheffield and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sheffield hotel reviews

Hilton Sheffield
Mercure St Paul's Sheffield
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Jurys Inn Sheffield
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Premier Inn Sheffield (Meadowhall)
Diplomat's Lodge
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Leopold Hotel
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Park Inn Sheffield
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Premier Inn Sheffield (Arena)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Premier Inn Sheffield (City Centre)
Cutlers Hotel