Clifton Guest House

#7 of 18 hotels in South Shields
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 124 reviews
Compare best prices from top travel partners Priceline
RobinR101's Profile Photo

Great Little Hotel with a neat coffee shop

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 9, 2015

A few of my friends use virtual tourist and I have visited before, now I have decided to join after staying at the Clifton in South Shields. I was up on business, but extended my stay to take the time out to explore the area a little more.

I found the Clifton Hotel online and booked over the internet. I arrived late at night and recieved a friendly welcome and assistance with luggage to my room. I had been upgraded free of charge which was great. The room I had was spacious and comfortable plus it was very clean.

Breakfast was great, which was served in the hotel's coffee shop. Some delicious cakes were on display so I had to call back(on several occasions) for a slice of homemade cake & a cappuccino. Truely fab.

Loved South Shields, despite the road works! It will look lovely when it is all finished. Colman's Fish and chip restaurant is opposite the Clifton Hotel. It is certainly worth a visit.

Some great photos on the clifton's website:

Add to your Trip Planner

Nearby Clifton Guest House

2 Photos of Clifton Guest House

View Professional Photos

South Shields Travel Forum

Need advice about South Shields, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for South Shields and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest South Shields hotel reviews