Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa

Tags

Spa and Resort Luxury Travel Food and Dining
See Amenities
spidermiss's Profile Photo

A celebration and spa retreat!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 21, 2016

Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa is located in the Otley Chevin woodlands. The 44 acre natural woodlands is protected and the hotel's Alpine style lodges and chalets blend in nicely with woodlands and natural habitat. One noticeable feature is the lake in the heart of the complex - nature meets nature with ducks residing on and by the lake and squirrels climbing up the trees.

The hotel is only a short taxi ride from Otley, a historic market town in North West Leeds, and not far from the Yorkshire Dales National Park. I learnt of the place when I've got invited to my friend's wedding. I had an opportunity to visit the hotel in June when my friend, Debbie, invited me to spend the afternoon with her at the spa. As part of their wedding package, she was given free spa passes, and it was also an opportunity for her to finalise some of the wedding plans.

Debbie and Wall has since tied the knot. Please see my travelogue about our visit to Chevin Country Park Hotel for the special day and overnight stay.

Unique Quality: The spa (swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna) and the extensive grounds including the lake.

I have to admit the spa though lovely is ill-equip to host a large number of guests and the changing area was very small and shortage of lockers (staff had to put our items in the male changing room's lockers!).

I wouldn't make a special trip to solely use the spa facilities but will use them again when I stay overnight at the hotel for the wedding which I happily did!

Directions: Near Otley Town Centre and Leeds Bradford International Airport

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Leeds Travel Forum

Need advice about Leeds, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Leeds and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Leeds hotel reviews