Olive Tree Hotel

See Amenities
ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 15, 2012

The hotel is close to the old city and many of Jerusalem's sights.

I was on a group tour and had a single room, which was very small, but I did see a couple other double rooms and whereas they were all adequate and the bedding comfortable, the bathrooms were quite small and the rooms and bath did not have as many amenities as our hotel in the countryside, in Tiberias.

WIFI is available in the room, but for a charge.

The reason I am saying I was "Somewhat UNSATISFIED" is due to an unusual situation. Our tour people use this hotel a lot, and the hotel let those of us who went on to Jordan for 2 nights, keep our rooms here at the Olive Tree, leaving any items we did not need with us in Jordan, until we returned, and be able to use our rooms again for a rest and wash up and repack, and have dinner there again, prior to departing for our midnight flight back to the USA! This seemed certainly very generous on the part of the hotel, as it consisted of about 20 (twenty) rooms. But when I returned to MY room, the few items I left in my bathroom were all missing, but all the items in my closet and dresser were still there. Upon inquiry at the Reception Desk I was treated very rudely and nearly ignored and a return call to me which was promised within a few minutes never materialized within 2 hours. Therefore, I enlisted the help of the President of the tour company, who happened to be with us, and he went with me again, to the desk and spoke to the Manager of the hotel, whome he of course knew. They promised to email me about it, as by then, we were departing for the airport. (It was Friday night/Sabbath, so difficult to contact the Manager of HouseKeeping.) After being home a week, and never hearing back from them, I contacted the tour company and when they spoke with the Manager at the hotel, were told that no items were found!!!

Since the items were relatively small, and since the hotel had made the rooms available to us for no charge (I believe), I dropped the matter; but obviously was not happy, and this should not have happened.

Otherwise, the food provided at the hotel restaurant and other facilities were all fine.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Shuttle Service
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Jerusalem Travel Forum

Need advice about Jerusalem, Israel? Visit the Travel Forum for Jerusalem and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Jerusalem hotel reviews