Southern District Hotels

Our Members Say

• Martin_S. profile photo Martin_S.
  • Reviews: 2645
Negev Desert area: Bedouin Tent accomodations

Shalom, Shalom:
Don't know of any overnighters here at Arad/Dead Sea. There is a Bedouin (Juma is his name) who runs a lunch and camel ride, called the Camel Patrol, just outside Arad.
The closest to Arad is about 10 kilometers east of Arad on the road to Masada, it is called Kfar Nokdiem,
Another is near Sde Boker at, about an hour south-west of Arad.
Another at Mamshit, just south of Arad near Dimona.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism, Desert, Family Travel
  • Written November 18, 2008

• Jackiekg profile photo Jackiekg
  • Reviews: 124

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sfina Hamidbar: Sleep in Bedouin Style!

We stayed at this Bedouin Camp on the first night of our 4-day trip to the Negev. We were a group of 8. Just a few steps away from our tent were the bathrooms - these were large as they have to accommodate large groups of people - nice and clean.
In the photo you can see two of my friends getting off to sleep. The mattresses were fine and we were given clean bedding.
There are lots of camels at this camp and I took quite a few photos of them. They certainly aren't pretty but they take good photos!!
In the evening, after our meal, we were given a talk about Bedouin life, which was very interesting. The meal itself, see my travelogue, was great. I must admit that food is not cooked on the premises but brought in.
During our talk we were served coffee, sweet tea and cake.
For something different, I would recommend
sleeping this way. By the way, the group all sleep together in the tent, which is very large. Our guide slept in a hut for about 3-4 people.
I don't know the price of staying here, but as so many students are brought here, I really don't think it can be high.

• Opinion of Price: N/A