Blackcomb Lodge

Carmanah's Profile Photo

My first Whistler experience

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 2, 2004

I stayed here in 1992 with my parents and my sister. This was before the huge Whistler growth spurt, when endless condos and new hotels were being built. In other words, the Blackcomb Lodge is one of the older hotels in the area, but this is all relatively speaking. The hotel couldn't have existed any earlier in than the late 1980's.

It was the Blackcomb Lodge, in the heart of the Whister Village, that gave me my first impression of Whistler. I was 12 years old and was so amazed to look out the window and see each individual tree on mountain peaks that were only a few blocks away. It was also my first time in a loft. I was so used to staying in motels with my family, so when we entered our loft at the Blackcomb Lodge, with its fireplace, kitchen, and staircase leading upstairs to a separate bedroom, I couldn't believe how lucky I was!

Unique Quality: The Blackcomb Lodge is located in the heart of the older part of the village, a short walk away from the gondola up to the top of Whistler mountain. Dozens of restaurants and shops surround the hotel. Some windows will look onto the village and Whistler mountain. Our window looked at the backside, over to the mountains across the street. Either way, the views were beautiful. I really liked the layout of our loft though... so cozy.

Note: My parents spent a few nights at the Blackcomb Lodge in August of 2004 and really enjoyed their stay. They recommended the hotel to a coworker who was really impressed with how nice the hotel was. According to their website, they spent the entire summer of 2004 renovating the hotel. My parents said that the renovations were beautiful, but that the hotel was still really nice even before the upgrades. Either way, it's still a really nice place to stay - and affordable too, especially in off-season.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Whistler Travel Forum

Need advice about Whistler, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Whistler and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Whistler hotel reviews