Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

cjg1's Profile Photo

Good Stay by the Airport

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 5, 2016

During our latest road trip to Canada we basically made no set agenda or hotel reservations. We decided where we'd stay based on where we wound up and hotel availability. After a nice day at the Falls we chose to stay at this hotel in Toronto for the night before heading off to somewhere new the next day.

Despite it being a holiday weekend in Canada; we had no problem finding hotel availably which was a nice surprise. This particular hotel is located right on airport property which I loved and had views of the tarmac; yay planes. Check in was a bit lengthy as many people were checking in at the same time so it was about 20 minutes to get settled. Our room was a nice size with the typical furnishings; bed, dresser, desk, chair, etc. The bathroom was okay but the glaze on the tub was in and condition and definitely needs to be refurbished or replaced. We settled in for the night and it was well after 10pm. I took advantage of the free internet and did a little work while my wife passed out for the night. It was a long day and drive and the comfortable bed made sleep very easy.

This was a good, comfortable stay and I would definitely use this hotel again if needed in the future.

Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Convenient for Business Trips

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 28, 2004

In October, 2004 I was returning to New Brunswick from a business meeting in Chicago but had to overnight at Toronto's Pearson Airport. The Sheraton Gateway is a nice option if you need somewhere to spend a night there, since it is located right on the airport grounds.

The hotel was full, but I had a reservation, so they upgraded me to a suite at the same price of C$170 (US$140) with taxes included.

Unique Quality: Very comfortable and quiet, despite being at the airport. Plush rooms and they charge US$1.60 for each internet connection (first hour is free from useage charges). I did not have much chance to sample their amenities since I arrived at 9 PM and left at 6 AM.

Directions: Beside Terminal 3

Add to your Trip Planner

So close, and yet so far

by written on May 15, 2004

Whenever I am forced to stay at a hotel because of an airline screw-up, I immediately start out looking for a reason to hate it. It took a while, but I eventually found one.
Don't get me wrong; the hotel is actually very nice: The check-in was quick and friendly (although I had to climb a huge staircase with all my luggage to get to it), and the rooms were modern, large, and clean.
I thought that sound-proofing the windows so you couldn't hear the constant aircraft activity just outside the window was a good touch. I just wish they'd done the same with the room's doors and walls. At 2am a couple of guys decided to have some kind of foreign-language yelling match in the hallway. They must have been friends because they shared the room next to mine. In fact, it turned out they were far more than friends, but that's another story....

My biggest gripe with this hotel is that the airport shuttle is too small and does not run frequently enough. I could grab a cab from downtown and get to the Departures gate faster than waiting for that &$^#% shuttle. No cab will take you to the Airport Sheraton because the cabbies wait in line forever for a fare. They want a down-town run, not a $5 ride next-door. So if you do stay here, make sure you get on the shuttle much earlier than you need to.

Unique Quality: Not much special about this place, really. It's close to the airport, it's expensive, but it's a decent hotel.

CdnJane's Profile Photo

For late night arrival or early morning take-off

by written on May 13, 2004

I found the hotel to be a nice, but standard hotel room. Maybe I've travelled too much on business, but it would have to have something really spectacular to make me find a hotel room special. It was big, the beds were comfortable, the service at the front desk was efficient and pleasant, and it saved us from getting up 2 hours earlier to get to the airport, worrying about a snowstorm.
I would highly recommend this hotel to someone either just staying overnight between flights, or like us, having an early morning flight and being worried about bad weather, or arriving on one of the late night flights.

Unique Quality: The dining room was excellent for dinner. We had the buffet and it was quite good. I don't recall any of the other amenities of the hotel, but again the location, attached to the airport terminal was very handy for us.

kumachan200x's Profile Photo

Infront of Airport

by written on December 14, 2003

Incomparable is the one word you will use to describe the Sheraton Gateway Hotel, Toronto Airport. As Pearson International Airport's only connected hotel, through a climate-controlled walkway, you will find many of this great city's businesses and attractions only minutes away.

Nearby Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

• Sheraton Hotel Toronto Airport
  • Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto
  • Toronto Sheraton

Address: Terminal 3, Toronto International Airport, Toronto, Ontario, L5P 1C4, Canada

7 Photos of Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Toronto Travel Forum

Need advice about Toronto, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Toronto and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Toronto hotel reviews