The Couples Resort

Tags

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

overpriced

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 11, 2012

My wife and I went to the couples resort for dinner only. The cost for one person is $80.00 which is quite high in my opinion.

Because of the high price, I expected that the food would be fantastic. It was not.

We received an appetizer that consisted of a puff pastry with tomato puree inside it. The tomato puree tasted like it was rotten, and we both left it on the plate. The waiter asked us if we wanted to order something from the bar. My wife ordered a sling, but the water forgot to bring it until one hour later, he apologized.

The second course was one of two entree's. I ordered a ceasar entree which was a very small amount of lettuce. I had to constantly pick out the brown (rotten) lettuce throughout the entree. There was no flavor at all. Did they forget the dressing? There seemed to be some dressing on the lettuce leaves, but it had no taste. It was like thickened water. There was a very small round piece of meat (1 1/2 inches in diameter) that had an awful taste I had to spit it out on the plate.

It tasted like bacon gone rancid. Perhaps it was. Afterall we were in the middle of a heat wave, maybe it was left out of the refrigerator?

I was very disappointed again.

The third course I ordered was called "Gourmet baby lettuce". Nothing gourmet about this one in my opinion. I had to pick out the rotten lettuce again. The serving was again, extremely small - like something an 8 year old girl would eat.

For the main course, I ordered the "Chicken Supreme". It was again an extremely small piece of chicken. There was some brown paste (perhaps the exotic mushrooms) under the skin of the extremely small piece of chicken. It tasted so bad I had to scrape it off the meat. I enjoy eating mushrooms, but this was not one of those times( if they were indeed puree'd
mushrooms). Again, I was disappointed because I was hungry and did not feel satisfied.

The final course was a dessert menu. Because I was discouraged at this point, I opted for the "Cheese & Fruit Plate".

Disappointed again. I was told by the waiter that it would contain lots of fresh fruit (whatever they have available like honeydew melon, cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple). When the fruit tray came, there were 2 (about the size of a dime)

strawberries that were way over-ripe and bruised. How is this a goumet meal? My wife had the key lime pie that in the menu described it as "Just like in the key’s". The waiter advised her that it was made fresh but it was obvious it was not. It was a frozen pie that in no way resembled key lime pie. (In 2010 we visited the key's in Florida).

So my experience with this restaurant was poor, if I had to rate it, it would be a zero out of ten.
If the price was not $80 per person, which by the time you walk away from the restaurant, the bill came to over $200.00, maybe it would not be so bad.

If you are going to this place, don't base your expectations on the prices. I did and I regret it. We will never visit this establishment again.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Whitney Travel Forum

Need advice about Whitney, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Whitney and ask our Answer Gurus.

Whitney Travel Guide