Quartier Latin Hotel Montreal

Tags

Architecture Festivals Historical Travel
See Amenities

Beware bed bugs!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 28, 2013

It was a nightmare. Woke up in the morning with a bedbug on my pj's. When I told staff he asked what room and when I told him the room number, he said "oh yeah, we have them but just in that room." Unbelievable. Found 5 more before leaving. Threw out our suitcases and everything we could do without. Washed what we had left several times and still brought them home. Hotel would not reimburse us even though we left a day early. DONT STAY HERE, IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!!!!

Unique Quality: In good location but that doesn't matter when there are bed bugs.

Directions: Latin Quarter

Add to your Trip Planner
Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

B&B pretty much OK!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 8, 2005

I found this place while searching for hotel options on the internet. It had a pretty attractive fare and vacancy for the dates I was going to be in Montreal, so I booked a room there.

I guess the thing I liked the most about the hotel's location is that it was within walking distance from the bus station (only a block or two), had a metro station and important avenues closeby and there were a lot of restaurants nearby, as it is located in the famous St. Denis street. The Quartier Latin itself is very nice but still a bit far from downtown... you can always take the metro, but I preferred to walk and it does take you about 20 minutes to walk to the Old Montreal area. However, the price was really fair ($54 CAN + taxes per night), the continental breakfast was included and the room was better than I expected: fairly big, with cable TV, telephone, a big bed for myself, a little fridge and a table with 2 chairs, a big bathroom with hairdryer, and the hotel was pretty quiet in general (they have sheets sticked on the walls saying that you're not supposed to make noise or bring visitors after 10 PM).

So I guess that it was a pretty good option for a bugdet traveller who does like to walk (except when it's raining!) with nightlife at walking distance included!

Unique Quality: The hotel did look a little old, although it's not, and they have no elevator, so think about it if you have big heavy luggage to take up. It's only 3 stories high, but anyway... The maintenance is not great but it's rather clean, although I do have to say that the maid service was lousy most of the time... they wouldn't even bother to clean the bathtub (in 3 days!!), some of the towels were pretty worn out and the bed wasn't properly made... but I survived, LOL.

The continental breakfast is made of croissants or muffins with jam, orange juice and coffee. You're only entitled to get one of each, but the people at the "dining room" (it's a little room with a large table, a bar and a fridge) were very kind and were always trying to give you more and more. They only serve it from 8 to 10 AM.

In general, it was a good place to stay if you don't mind not being right in the very downtown area, it's good value for the price you pay, and I had no problem whatsoever with my on line reservations, they respected the price and everything... from what I heard, it looks like they also have promotions (like staying 6 nights and getting the 7th for free, although I guess the rate per night was higher than the one I paid), so you might as well check it out directly at the hotel, as I made my reservation through travelocity or a site of the like.

Directions: Almost in the corner with Ontario St., just one block away from the Central Bus Station (Station Centrale)

Add to your Trip Planner

• Room Service
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Montreal Travel Forum

Need advice about Montreal, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Montreal and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Montreal hotel reviews

Hotel Xixe Siecle
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
CLOSED Holiday Inn - Montreal (Midtown)
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews