VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

L'Hotel Belley

Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Inexpensive and spotless.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 18, 2006

Located across the street and down about 4 blocks from the bus station. On a somewhat busy street, but it was quiet.

It’s 5 minutes from the bus station, but walk up the hill outside and you’re in the Old Part of QC in 5 minutes. Overlooks Parent Square & the market.

A day before I was leaving for Montreal my friend asked me where I was staying in QC. I said not sure yet, he gave me this place and number. I also luckily printed out some tips from here that had one from Deus_Ultima that listed this place also. My friends number didn’t work, must have only worked in the US, Deus’s phone number worked in Canada.

I stayed one night, a sunday night in May. One person cost was C$85 + tax, came out to C$100. This is cheaper than most in Quebec City from what I can tell.

Get out of Gar du Palais which I just took by bus. Walk past the fountain and cross the first street, which is Rue St Paul, and go left. Walk 4 or so blocks. It’s there on Rue St Paul, on the corner. Entrance is sort of around to the back. They have 8 rooms, but I heard they have more rooms across the street with more long-term facilities...not sure about that though.

Unique Quality: The rooms were real nice. I had a room for one person, but had a big bed. Came with towels, a shower, a plastic sleeve of shampoo and baby soaps. Room had a tv, and windows that opened. I was impressed, as you can probably tell I stay in less than gorgeous rooms usually.

There is a pool room & bar on the first floor, where the ‘office’ is. They serve breakfast here also.

Directions: 5minutes from bus station, on Rue Sainte Paul

Add to your Trip Planner
Deus_ultima's Profile Photo

My favorite hotel in Quebec City

by written on December 7, 2002

L'Hotel Belley, situated right into Old-Quebec is a little gem that needs to be discovered!
50 to 75 in low season
65 to 115 in high season
(canadian dollars)

I,ve been there twice and everytime was very satisfied. These are apartments so you can just feel at home. They are not all the same..so sometimes everythign is perfect..sometimes the bathroom is smaller!
LOL!!

What I PARTICULARLY like here is that your are only 2 streets away from the St-Jean street on which you will find lot's of bars and restaurant plus tons tons of tourist stuff.

Unique Quality: You can either sleep above the tavern (in the main building) or in apartments across the street. The tavern hosts a ver eclectic, artsy crowd (St-Paul is where all the art galleries are) and it is very nicely decorated. The place also has that particular charm and smell associated with older places.

Add to your Trip Planner

5 Photos of L'Hotel Belley

Amenities at L'Hotel Belley

• Suites

Quebec Travel Forum

Need advice about Quebec, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Quebec and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Quebec hotel reviews