VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Holiday Inn Mexico City, Downtown - Main S

Rey Cortes Sa De Cv, Mexico City 6000, Mexico
#365 of 561 hotels in Mexico City
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
Prices from our online travel partners are not available. But you can search for other options in Mexico City.

horrible rude restaurant manager, don´t go!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 2, 2006

I stayed 5 days at the Holiday Inn Zocalo and be warned that the restaurant upstairs may be convenient but the their manager is extremely rude. The room costs $92 (about 1000 pesos) per night, so it´s not a cheap hotel.

Some of us came in late at 11:03pm and were hungry so we popped up to the restaurant to see if they were closed. Turns out they close at 11pm which was fine, but... the manager then told me I should have come earlier and I politely told him that me and my mom just came from a wedding (which actually lasted at 4am).

We had had a huge feast in a beautiful hacienda at 3pm and I by 11pm, I was hungry. We got up to the 6th floor and the restaurant manager proceeded to lecture me that my gracious host was to blame for my situation and should already have fed me dinner! He was extremely rude when he could have simply said he was already closed.

I asked the front desk downstairs about the restaurant manager´s rude behavior and he told me that not only is the restaurant manager repeatedly rude to guests but he also verballly abuses his fellow employees who work with him at the hotel too. He was actually the only person in Mexico that I met who had a horrible attitude and I will definitely never eat there again.

The front desk told me where a late night place to eat was across the street but it was unfortunate that Holiday Inn´s restaurant manager needed to tell me my eating schedule was not to his liking. I wish I had stayed somewhere else.

Besides, the restaurant is expensive for Mexico and the food is not that good at all.

Not Recommended At All.

Directions: Centro Historico

Add to your Trip Planner

A good place to stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 18, 2005

The rooms were pretty normal, comfortable, with televisions and dinky little bathrooms. The beds were a bit on the hard side, although it didn't really affect our sleep.

The staff were all very friendly, although the cleaning staff had a bizarre habit of waking us up every morning by knocking on our door, even if it was only 8am or some other early hour.

The restaurant was spectacular with great food and incredible views of the zocalo. A good place to down a jug of sangria or three.

They claim to offer half an hour of free internet, but we must have used three times that during our stay and never paid a cent for any of it. Perhaps it was just because we had tipped the doorman generously on our first day, and he was happy to overlook all those extra minutes spent emailing back home.

The bar is also great, with a friendly bartender who was happy to fill us in what the top beers in Mexico are.

Unique Quality: First port of call must be the restaurant upstairs. At night time, the views down onto the zocalo are second to none. Absolutely stunning!

Directions: Just off the zocalo.

Add to your Trip Planner

Nearby Holiday Inn Mexico City, Downtown - Main S

2 Photos of Holiday Inn Mexico City, Downtown - Main S

Mexico City Travel Forum

Need advice about Mexico City, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Mexico City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mexico City hotel reviews

Hugo Garcia Tours
COME AND FALL IN LOVE
An awesome house & museum
Things to Do
Taxi (cab) in Mexico City!!
Palacio de la Inquisicion
Traditional?
Hospital de Jesús Nazareno
Mexico subway - looks dangerous
Warnings and Dangers
Russian home made style food
Pilgrimage