Governors House Hotel

Tags

Wine Tasting Budget Travel Family Travel
See Amenities

Find another spot!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2011

This is NOT the best place to stay. We stayed here for a family reunion June 2011 for 2 days Friday - Sunday. We had a total of 7 rooms, not as advertised on the amenities. All the rooms are not equipped as listed .All had TV's but not all worked. Some had coffee makers while others had iron/ironing boards or alarm clocks, not all microwaves worked and only 1 refrig out of all the 7 rooms. The toilets consistantly ran in 2 of the rooms and at the end of day one I am sure the maintenance man was very tired of being called to our rooms for yet another issue. The balcony rooms, there was a lot of rust and broken concrete on the railing not appearing very safe and lots of plastic sheeting on the roofs. The pool was filthy and took the entire 1st day for them to clean. The meeting room we used was very nice but overall this is a NO for me. This was a very very old building with old cracking tile in the bathrooms and just OLD.We were told they are in the process of being renovated from Motel 8 to now the Governors house Hotel. I suggest to wait until the renovations are complete.

Unique Quality: none

Add to your Trip Planner

THE BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 9, 2011

I used the Governor's House Hotel banquet room (The Rotunda) for a intimate reception for my Alabama State University graduation dinner. The staff was extremely nice, the banquet room was clean/perfect and the staff catered to all my request. Mr. Tim Banks, I would like to personally thank you for everything. The decor was exquisite and more than I could have ever expected. Thank you so much, Mr. Banks!!!! My family, friends and I really enjoyed ourselves! It was a over all wonderful experience. I would definately recommend the Governor's House Hotel to patrons for any upcoming events. Again, thank you to the staff at the Governor's House Hotel, you all made my graduation dinner a wonderful experience!!!!!!!

Add to your Trip Planner

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Montgomery Travel Forum

Need advice about Montgomery, Alabama? Visit the Travel Forum for Montgomery and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Montgomery hotel reviews