Wigwam Motel

See Amenities
sabogg01's Profile Photo

A step back in time

by written on July 21, 2010

We arrived here around 7PM to see the sun setting. It was beautiful. All of the old cars added to the ambiance of the Wig Wams. I could imagine being here in another time when visitors were plentiful and this was a top notch establishment.
There was no internet access but that did not bother me. There were no fancy amenities but then again that is not why we stayed here. If you come to this motel expecting a step back in time and not something modern then you will be pleased. Very clean on the inside and much roomier than we were expecting. Loved the benches outside. Would definitely stay here again and in fact we are planning a weekend trip soon to the Wig Wam motel in Kentucky :)

frantz's Profile Photo

Not your standard motel

by written on September 14, 2007

Built in 1950 by Arizona motel owner Chester E. Lewis, the plans were based on the original of Frank Redford. The owners are sweet people who love to talk to you about their motel and show you the museumroom. He loves to talk about his oldtimers, she is a very sweet lady. It was a pity that we stayed for just one night, if we come back there again we deffinetly are going to spend more time.

Unique Quality: The concrete wigwams hav just the basic comfort, but it is such a great experience to stay there. Since it was built not a lot has changed. Just enjoy it.

Directions: Just follow the signs from the Highway and you can't mis it.

PrincessMonja's Profile Photo

Wigwam bam!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 30, 2006

How kitch is this?!

Fab fun staying in a 'wigwam'. It was clean, had a TV and lots of hot water; and the bed was very comfortable.

Unique Quality: Don't forget to bring your ear plugs - the rail line is close by. Saying that I slept like a log here.

Directions: On the old route 66.

Add to your Trip Planner

Need a room? Ya, me too!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 11, 2006

We called ahead of time to make reservations at the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, AZ. The lady taking our request was very nice and helpful and we were excited to go. However, when we arrived we found that they had given our room to someone else and were now booked up. Not cool. We were all pretty upset but it was especially disappointing for our young children, who were really looking forward to the experience. We were able, after some looking, to get a room at another motel nearby but it still left us on a sour note for the Wigwam and it's management. Our trip just wasn't the same. So, drop in early and steal a room, it's the only way to get one there.

sourbugger's Profile Photo

ROUTE 66: Tip 47 - kitsch or what ?

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 19, 2005

"Now this is a piece of kitsch heaven"

"Are they real wigwams?"

"Those 15 wigwams are made of concrete, so yes I'm sure they are very authentic"

"I bet they booked up weeks in advance, especially if you have got kids, you can imagine the pleading"

"There's not much to see on the inside, they are very ordinary looking motel rooms, but for Kitsch value on the outside, you would have to go a long way to beat this"

"Are we going to stay here then ?"

"Not if you are going to do one of your rubber tommahawk jokes"

"Yes dear"

Unique Quality: You won't forget staying in this motel in a hurry.

Add to your Trip Planner

A Hotel that fits in the "must see" category, too.

by written on August 9, 2004

I vacation to get a grasp of some peace and quiet. I knew it was out there somewhere.

Holbrook is peaceful. At night, it's very peaceful. Lounging on the wooden love seat of a bench -located in front of the wigwam I had rented;in Holbrook, at night -was extremely peaceful and quiet.

I had found it.

Unique Quality: Wigwam motel is located in a wigwam village. About 12 wigwams or so make up the village.
Each motel looks like a wigwam on the outside;but it really isn't.
Each motel looks like a clean and cared for room on the inside; and it really is.

As my wife and I traveled throughout the Southwest, we alternated nights between camping and motels.
This was the only place that we technically did both.

Directions: Coming from the west, it's located on the right side just as you pull into town.

mlafren's Profile Photo

The Wigwam Motel has been...

by written on October 4, 2002

The Wigwam Motel has been well-known for many decades. It's along the historic Route 66 in Holbrook. I didn't stay there so I can't say anything about it except that it looks neat!

Nearby Wigwam Motel

16 Photos of Wigwam Motel

Amenities at Wigwam Motel

• Free Parking

Holbrook Travel Forum

Need advice about Holbrook, Arizona? Visit the Travel Forum for Holbrook and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Holbrook hotel reviews