VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

1150 Magic Way, Anaheim, California, 92802, United States

CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Wonderful hotel for Disneyland trip

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last couple of years, once in a suite and once in a normal room, both in the Frontier Tower. I absolutely love this hotel! The headboard of the castle and fireworks behind the beds light up and play music! It's absolutely magical! The MONORAIL SLIDE in the pool is also amazing. It's extremely memorable. The staff is 5-star and go out of their way to assist you. My only complaint is out of the 3 official Disney hotels, this one is the furthest from the parks.

walterwerner's Profile Photo

Best overall and all-around place to stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2010

We've stayed here many times and find it very consistant and enjoyable. The cast members are always helpful and nice. The property is always clean. You really can't go wrong here.

Unique Quality: We really like this hotel because it's right at the end of Downtown Disney, which has numerous restaurants and all kinds of stores to occupy the non-amusement time. And, getting into Disneyland is easy if you use the monorail, which is probably 100 yards from the hotel entrance. For breakfast there's Goofy's Kitchen, which is nice, however, we found we likes Mikey's Breakfast at the Paradise Pier to be less crazy, and the kids were able to participate more in the activities during the shows.

Directions: At the end of Downtown Disney

malianrob's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 16, 2009

I usually dont stay at a hotel when we come to Disneyland because we dont live too far away but every now and then we plan something special. My parents have done this for all the grandkids where they get a weekend at the Disneyland Hotel. It is alittle pricey especially when there are cheaper accomodations near by but you are paying for the experience.
My kids love it and so do I. The best part is that after all that walking around you can walk right out of the park and right into the hotel.
We have the Disneyland annual passes so the room is alittle cheaper but not by much. I also like that they have a few places to eat in the hotel and in Downtown Disney. One of our favorites is Goofy Kitchen.
We have always gotten the best service here and will continue to stay here because of it.

Unique Quality: My kids love the Neverland pool located in the middle of the hotel. There are quite a few life guards and a bar there. There is also a big slide or adults or older kids and a small slide for smaller kids.
Everyone is always happy here and they have great customer service.

Directions: At Disneyland

AcornMan's Profile Photo

Convenient and friendly

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2009

If you visit Disneyland, you're going to find yourself standing in a lot of lines and doing a lot of walking. No sense in making it any more difficult by staying in a hotel outside the park (and there are a LOT of them). At Disneyland Hotel you're just an easy monorail ride or walk from the main gates of Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. There's really nothing special about the hotel itself. It's nice place and has a good pool. Mainly I liked it because of the convenience factor. And of course it boasts Disney's signature friendly service.

Terrible Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2005

Think twice when staying at the Disney Resort Hotel. My family and i had traveled from Washington State for our family vacation. Upon arriving at Disney Hotel we checked in and found the rooms to be filthy. Fingerprints, old food on the floor hygene products on the floor. Our baby was picking old food off the floor....and putting it in his mouth. Just a bad, bad experience! Dont stay there its not worth it! We stayed at a casino hotel when traveling to san diego and it was like a 4 star hotel for far less then what disney is charging. So much for the happiest place on earth! Probably more like the crappiest place on earth! We got the room for some downtime for our kids as we enjoyed the theme park. We had no downtime because we were too upset by the fact that our child was eating the leftover food off the floor. He then was sick the whole time! Disney did nothing to make our situation better....You would think they would jump through hoops to make it all better ...they didnt....

keeweechic's Profile Photo

It Doesn't Get Any Closer Than This

by written on September 12, 2002

The Disneyland Hotel is across from the theme park and has a magic all of its own. It is connected to Disneyland by a monorail.

If you have a multi-day flex pass, you can have early admission to the Park each day (about 1 hour before standard opening time) and take the monorail for unlimited trips back and forth.

Add to your Trip Planner

Disneyland have their own...

by written on August 25, 2002

Disneyland have their own accomodation - Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Resort Hotels, I think they were pretty expensive, but do call them up and see if they have discount and stuff. http://www.disneyland.com
But, if you don't want to spend as much money staying in one of their resorts, there's plenty I should say TONS of other hotels and inns outside the park, all are just driving distance and some are even walking distance, take your pick! We stayed at the Resort for a week but we made a reservation beforehand and they gave us a discount, it was great. Oh yes, if my memory serves me right, they give you free pass to the park if you stay at their hotel for 3 days if I'm not mistaken :) ... We stayed at Red Roof Inn also which was a good break because there were too much expenditure involved hehe, I think we got a pretty cheap room with king size bed and tub etc which I think was a good price, not as luxurious as Disney resort but a very decent place for a good rest after a long day working on the rides hehe
$100 - $300 disneyland resort

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Anaheim Travel Forum

Need advice about Anaheim, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Anaheim and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Anaheim hotel reviews