VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Motel 6 Los Angeles Hollywood

Tags

Photography Road Trip Budget Travel
See Amenities

Rude staff

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 20, 2012

They want daily payment for parking, a big headache for me and I planned to pay once for all days. while I insisted the guy at reception sent me to the room! He said that he doesn’t care about a bad review. this is the truth! I complained to 1-800. next day no excuse from management. only after a 2nd complain (after check out) a manager apologized.
I understand that the credit card was issued in the Middle East but this is not an excuse
on top of it I received a call from a friend of mine, I was not in my room at that time, and the staff refused to receive a message for me

Unique Quality: Quit place

richiecdisc's Profile Photo

right in the thick of things

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 5, 2009

We had such a good run with Motel 6 in Vegas and Barstow that we decided last minute to stay at the one in Hollywood as well. Of course, right after we paid for the room, our friend called and said we could stay with him. I didn't feel like asking for my money back and we had a parking spot and could explore on foot from its very convenient location. It was a bit more run down than a roadside Motel 6's but it was right in the center of Hollywood so you couldn't complain. It was clean and serviceable and the car was parked. It was only $78 for a double including free wireless. Considering the location, it was very reasonable.

Unique Quality: The photo is of a great old house in a very cool neighborhood that we stumbled on by accident. We had gone into LA trying to find Chinatown in order to have some lunch after our Yucca Taco breakfast. Traffic was hectic and I missed the turn. It seemed impossible to turn around and when I got off the freeway, we wound up in this great area with a bunch of cool old houses. It reminded us of San Francisco a bit and it was nice to see that LA had some hidden gems. My guess is there are a lot but that you can't just walk around and discover them like in say New York or San Francisco. LA is car country, I guess you have to drive around to discover things!

Directions: Very conveniently located in the heart of Hollywood. You can walk to most attractions and quite a few eateries and bars.

charlize's Profile Photo

We stayed in Motel 6. I don't...

by written on September 12, 2002

We stayed in Motel 6. I don't really have any recommendations. I think many people prefer staying in a different city nearby, as you might be a little worried about theft, weirdos, and all the other crazy things going on in Hollywood at 2 a.m.

sharkie's Profile Photo

Just stay at a motel. They are...

by written on August 24, 2002

Just stay at a motel. They are almost anywhere. You can pick up information-papers at gas-stations, they are very usefull since the usually inclueds maps and driving directions to the motels.
Price range: 40-68$

Nearby Motel 6 Los Angeles Hollywood

Motel 6 Los Angeles Hollywood

• Motel Six Los Angeles
  • Los Angeles Motel 6
  • Los Angeles Motel Six
  • Motel 6 Hollywood
  • Motel 6 Los Angeles - Hollywood Hotel Los Angeles

Address: 1738 North Whitley Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, 90028, United States

1 Photo of Motel 6 Los Angeles Hollywood

Amenities at Motel 6 Los Angeles Hollywood

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Pets Allowed
  • Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet

Hollywood Travel Forum

Need advice about Hollywood, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Hollywood and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hollywood hotel reviews