Palm Springs Hotels

Our Members Say

• havefun12 profile photo havefun12
  • Reviews: 4

Golf at Westin

I have stayed at many, many places in Palm Spring but the villa at the Westin was by far one of the nicest and most accomodating places. Great view of the golf course with balcony to relax and BBQ and kitchen with everything in it was a nice touch. Many pools to choose from and at least 2 Gyms to do your work outs was everything we needed and more.

• Related to: Golf
  • Written July 17, 2012

view from the balcony

• monalindav profile photo monalindav

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

aloha hotel and apartments, palm springs: Best Extended Stay close to everything!

This is a charming hotel with apartments as well for extended stays. We spent Christmas and New Year's in a pool side suite with our pet and loved it! We walked to go everywhere from morning hikes in Tahquitz to breakfast. After pool side relaxing, we walked to town to have a few drinks and dinner. The Pub, Zelda's, and many other places are open at night. Yes, we had a car, but rarely used it! It's the best!

Excellent mountain views. Hikers are viewable in the morning with or without binoculars! New pool. New pool side suites. We told all our friends and we are meeting there this year. Some of their suites have full kitchens. It's nice to have the extra space. Each one has a patio in front AND in back. Parking is great.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Motorcycle, Travel with Pets, Road Trip
  • Written May 21, 2012

Aloha Hotel and Apartments Palm Springs

• mevers28 profile photo mevers28
  • Reviews: 3

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ace Hotel and Swim Club: Fun but bummed

Let me start by saying that this hotel had a lot of potential. The layout was great, the interior designing was right on, and there were plenty of amenities. I would have loved to have taken a spin on one of their scooters if I had more time, or even a ride on one of their many bikes. However, the hotel is basically a remodeled HoJo. They essentially put lipstick on a pig by redesigning their rooms, lobby, and pools. The pool scene was a scene, but then there was the pool nazi. He insisted on looking in everyone's bag. He claimed to be looking for glass, which is wise, but his real purpose was to make sure no outside food and drinks were brought in. I even witnessed the nazi making people throw out a bag of nuts. I can understand their desire to protect their potential revenue, but the service at the pool was abyssmal. It took 2 hours for us to get any poolside service, yet management insisted that we starve by the pool instead of grabbing a cheap snack of our own. I would go back, but I would better prepared for a lack of service.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Spa and Resort
  • Written October 19, 2010

• GracesTrips profile photo GracesTrips
  • Reviews: 1630

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Indian Wells Resort: Adjacent to the Indian Wells Golf Course

For the price it was decent accomodations but I think would rather stay somewhere a little nicer. I read reviews on trip advisor and most of them were accurate. It's an older hotel and clean. The air conditioner was noisier than I care for. The complimentary Continental breakfast was so so. Provided cereal, some pastries, bagels, uncut fruit like apples, oranges bananas, yogurt, oatmeals, milk, coffee, juice. The pool area was nice but the bar at the pool wasn't tended by a bartender so her knowledge of mixing drinks was limited. I know my opinion doesn't sound great but I have to say it again, for the price ($86 a night) it was fine.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 11, 2009

• elarsen7 profile photo elarsen7

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

740 E Mel, "Casa Contenta": McClean Rental

We just got back into town after renting 740 E Mel street for a week, with McLean Rentals. We were charged about $2900 plus an extra $400 for Easter week. We were sorely disappointed in the condition of the house, and to top it off, we had a rat live with us for the last 2 days, which kept one of our members out of the bedroom and bathroom.
1. Pool furniture lacking, could not recline chaise lounges, chairs plastic and cheap
2. Kitchen floor, grout and tile very dirty, we bought and left bleach cleaner to try and clean it some more. Fixture over the sink an exposed bulb NO kitchen chairs ( I guess they doubled with the outdoor chairs??)
3. Dining room, the light fixture dirty and full of bugs - unappetizing when you sit at the table and look up
4. The rugs were dirty
5. Ceiling in family room, peeling and falling down
6. Pool man did not come all week ( though he was scheduled on Tuesday and Friday) - he came briefly on Friday.
7. Rat holes and a rat visitor in the bathroom . The Rat appeared in my friends' bedroom at 4:30 am. We called your office at 8:30am Friday, several calls to McLean's office ( when we were told it was not big deal). Exterminator's brother came and set a trap at 2:30 pm Friday, then they told us to clean up the body when it appeared. Needless to say, we left it there and informed McLean staff the next day, so she could tell the cleaning people. My friend was out of her bedroom and bathroom for 2 nights.

We have rented in the Palm Springs for the past 5 years, but this is the first time renting with McLean's. I have sent 3 emails and called once to get back our security deposit and to get compensation on the house. After 3 weeks, no such luck at at. DO NOT RENT WITH THIS COMPANY - customer service is a no go. I have contacted the visitor's bureau and anyone else I can think of, next I will post photos of the rat and dirty house on YOU TUBE!!

Nice ouside, very dirty inside , rat holes ( that were used.....) see the photos of the rat, as well as the dirty light fixtures...

• Written April 14, 2008
Tip Photo

rat in bathroom - we were told to dispose of body

• karenw530 profile photo karenw530
  • Reviews: 10

La Quinta Resort and Spa: La Quinta Resort and Spa

Resort landscape, accomodations, spa, and restaurants are all incredible!

I love walking around the grounds and enjoying all of the gorgeous landscaping. The rooms are casitas and just a few casitas share a pool (there are 41 pools!) so you can relax with very few people around.
The spa is - not to be missed!

• Related to: Golf, Spa and Resort
  • Written April 5, 2008

• walkeres profile photo walkeres

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casa del Refugio: McLean's rental was a bust.

"McLean Company Rentals" was the utmost in poor service. They randomly canceled our private villa reservation. One of our group called to rebook the house, only to be accused a few weeks later that we never paid the deposit when in fact we did, which we proved. (Their booking mistake was the cause of the confusion.) Once at the house, the pool and jacuzzi heat were never turned on, which we PAID FOR. Meanwhile, the air conditioning didn't work. It was as simple as the filter being packed dirty with filth, which was not determined until too late. So, we sweated in the house (some people slept on the living room floor), were chilled in the pool, and couldn't use the jacuzzi at all. The $35/day pool heat fee was refunded, but what a joke. It didn't bring back what should have been some of the best parts of the weekend. And when having to deal with the pool heat being refunded, we were told, "Oh, we never turn it on at that time of year". It was early May, when the nights get cold, and at the time we discussed the heating option, they never mentioned the relevance of time of year. Bottom line: They screwed up and handled the aftermath as poorly as they handled the execution of the booking and the follow-through on making sure the house was adequately prepared. Find another agency. One of our group members is in the business of renting short-term accommodation and says she has NEVER experienced such lousy customer service in the industry.

The owner of the house (Casa del Refugio) also was a disappointment. We clicked well in the beginning, especially after learning we lived in the same city (San Francisco) and shared a personal connection at a community establishment, but he totally blew me off after I took my time and energy to make the courteous gesture of letting him know how his property rental had been so horribly handled. I myself would have wanted to know, so I thought he'd be appreciative, but I guess he couldn't be bothered.

I should clarify that those of us who worked on making the booking with McLean's are polite, organized, and patient, so WE were not the problem. In fact, a serviceperson who was called out commented that he often has problems with McLean's. He asked that I not tell them he said that, and I kept my word (although I was tempted while having to deal with their bad attitude), but it's something potential renters should be aware of: It's not just us complaining about McLean's; it's a person who deals with them regularly, too.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written February 25, 2008

• Witty38 profile photo Witty38
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Embassy Suites, Palm Desert: The package deal...

The Embassy Suites offers some of the best tour packages in the Desert. There are 11 to chose from and worth the price. I've taken three of them and have not been disappointed.

The morning buffet breakfast (included with price of hotel room) is one of the best you will find anywhere.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Adventure Travel, Family Travel
  • Written March 25, 2006

• TRAVEL22 profile photo TRAVEL22

LUXURY: THE LODGE AT RANCHO MIRAGE

Our stay was very delightful. The rooms are not how they had been presented. They have only 20 nnew renovated rooms that are more expensive than the standard room rate. Not to many activities for chidren,but a nice place for a couple to relax. The maid service is a little slow. The restaurant is great.

We had minor issues,but they were resolved. See Judy Maldonado the young lady in charge of the hotel. She was one of the most pleasant people we met on our trip. She seems to have that hotel running smooth. She was very attentive and can tell she has many years of experience with luxury hotel customer service.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 18, 2005

• english_spikes profile photo english_spikes

Smoke Tree Ranch: The best place in the world tostay in Palm Springs

Smoke Tree Ranch is, and always will be heaven on earth to me. As you enter through the gates you are transported to a diffrent place. Smoke Trees line your route to the Ranch House where you will check in to begin your stay in possibly one of California best kept secrets!

Huge Outdoor Pool, Hot tub, Tennis Courts, Golf Course, Conference facilities, Horse Riding, Walt Disney's old holiday home.

• Related to: Family Travel, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 25, 2005

• kcbrit profile photo kcbrit
  • Reviews: 127

Westin Mission Hills: Fancy resort with lots to do

We love this place. It's pricey but really nice. There is a hotel and also timeshares here. Really well kept and nicely landscaped, with two great restaurants, nice pools, tennis and golf. there is a spa on the grounds but I have not used it.

Just plain nice!

• Written May 4, 2005

Swimming Pool

• awayhome profile photo awayhome
  • Reviews: 197

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Willow: A classic desert hideaway

This is a beautiful but small resort we came across while driving around Palm Springs. It really looks to be a wonderful place to stay and relax....especially if you're trying to get a way from it all. I believe there are only 6 rooms, all of which are custom designed suites, which come with full amenaties. This place has a lot of history and has been around since the 1930's. It's located just around the corner form the Palm SPings Desert Museum.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written April 4, 2004
Tip Photo

"The Willow" veiled in bright spring colors

• bruingirl profile photo bruingirl
  • Reviews: 497

JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa: JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

AAA rating: 4 diamonds. HUGE, HUGE, HUGE!!!!!! There is a main hotel area and then, there are the villas. The villas are like mini-vacation rental condos. They have everything from a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a full kitchen. The living area and patio are both spacious. The kitchen has all the amenities that you would need from plates and silverware to glasses. At the main hotel, there are canals that run through the hotel and you can actually take a boat ride around. There's a huge main pool at the hotel and we were actually next to the Mesquite Pool in the villas.

The 18-hole golf course that winds around this enormous resort is beautiful! The landscaping is beautiful and it's amazing that there could be this much GREEN in the middle of the desert! The spa is spectacular! There are several different restaruants inside the hotel. The hotel is basically an all-inclusive resort with everything that you could possibly need, including its own hot nightclub!

• Written April 29, 2003

• bruingirl profile photo bruingirl
  • Reviews: 497
Rancho Las Palmas Marriott Resort & Spa: Rancho Las Palmas Marriott Resort & Spa

Beautiful place with a great golf course! Perfectly landscaped lawns, both on and off the golf course. The minute you step foot inside the main gate, you feel much calmer at the slower pace of life here. We stayed in the Presidential suite which was enormous and very elegant!

There are pools and a great little lake. Golf course, tennis courts, spa, etc, etc..... It has everything that a "typical" resort hotel has.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking
  • Written April 17, 2003
Tip Photo

Michelle and Rick - on our way to dinner....

• Boo27 profile photo Boo27
MONTE VISTA HOTEL: MONTE VISTA HOTEL

FOR ALL THEIR ACCOMODATIONS AND AMENITIES... $20.00 A NIGHT. PLUS A GRADE BOARD FROM HEALTH DEPARTMENT IN THEIR DOOR WHEN YOU TRY TO CHECK IN... OUR RATINGS FOR THIS... GRADE 'F' - AS IN FAILED!!!

FILTHY BATHROOMS, NO TRASHCAN, LEAKY TOILETS, LOUD AIRCONDITIONER THAT WON'T LET YOU SLEEP, LOUSY ROOM SERVICE, NO SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER BUT ONE OPENED SOAP TO WELCOME YOU!!! PRICE FOR $90.00 a NIGHT IS TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT!!! PLUS A BONUS OF 'LYSOL' COLOGNE WHEN YOU CHECK IN...

• Opinion of Price: