VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Sea Club Resort

Spa and Resort
See Amenities

Roach infested

by written on May 5, 2015

When booked this hotel, I understood that this was not a luxury beach hotel. My boyfriend and I were only staying for a couple of days, we figured it can't be that bad. What I experienced was deplorable. This hotel needs to be shut down.
First things first, the photos are extremely deceiving. They try to make it look modern, but the reality is that the hotel needs updating as it's falling apart. The paint was chipping in the bathroom, the tiles were cracked, the sheets felt like razors, and not to mention that the wifi did not work. However, this was the least of my worries. As I was in the bathroom getting ready, a enormous cockroach crawled out from the corner. I've been to Florida many many times, and I know what a palmetto bug looks like. This was a cockroach. I even tried stepping on it FOUR times, and it still did not die!! I immediately went down to the front desk to speak to a manager, who was extremely rude. He tried to argue with me about what type of bug it is. Regardless of type, it's unacceptable. Only when I told him we were not staying here for the rest of our trip did he finally suggest giving us a different room. All said and done, they told us that there would be money taken off of our bill and that we would be upgraded to a "suite". (Just for your knowledge a suite is the exact same thing as a regular room, just with an extra table and more mirrors.)
The hotel staff was so rude. As we now have to move all of our belongings from one room to the next, not one employee offered to help. One staff member sat there and watched me as I lugged all of my bags up a flight of stairs. When I asked if he had a cart he told me the hotel didn't have one. Moments later I saw him helping a couple with their bags on a cart.
Finally we get into the new cockroach free room. The manager must have never told his staff that the room was now occupied because minutes later a cleaning lady walked right into our room not realizing it was now booked, AKA she walked in on my boyfriend and I having sex. Not only am I now disgusted but I'm mortified. Luckily I was on vacation and we never have to see her again.
One of the more annoying aspects of this hotel is the construction going on next door. It was obnoxiously loud and began at 8 in the morning. How frustrating it is when you pay money to relax and get away only to become more aggravated!!
This hotel does not care at all about the safety and well being of their guests. On my last day, I heard a violent argument between a couple in the room above me. I heard screaming, smacking, banging, and crying. I called the front desk to notify them. I told the receptionist what was occurring, and her reply in broken English was that I was trying to contact another room. I explained it to her numerous times, but I could tell she didn't know what I was talking about. The arguing continued for an hour and a half. I'm appalled that not one decent human being attempted to help or figure out the problem. It's disgraceful.
At first, I really did not want to put a bad review for this hotel, it's not something that I typically do, although after looking at my bill I had to. They charged us the full amount for each night, even after they told us they would take money off after the cockroach incident. I feel like I got scammed BIG TIME. When I'm on vacation I don't ask for much; clean rooms, friendly people, and peace. I got neither, instead I was repulsed, lied to, interrupted, and embarrassed. DO NOT GO HERE! The staff is by far the worst I've ever saw, and the management is a real piece of work. The only positive thing I have to say about the hotel is that the location was ideal. Otherwise stay very far !

Add to your Trip Planner

Anyone other than college kids beware - it's bad!

by written on January 31, 2011

You get what you pay for, and with this place, beware. We checked in and our initial room was so filthy, I was in a state of disbelief. Not because the room had not been “cleaned” but because this room was literally not cleanable. It was as if many decades of spring-break loving college kids had used and abused this room with virtually no maintenance in between. After getting relocated to another room, I realized that the whole hotel is this way. Actually, it was kind of scary. Definitely not recommended for girls groups or single women – they’d be petrified. Broken shelves, filthy, sticky carpets (like a decades old movie theater – yuck), and virtually everything was jerry-rigged maintenance-wise (busted doors, busted floor tiles and handrails, busted furniture, skanky, moldy showers and baths and worse). A/C that barely worked and a everything had a perpetual musty, humid, unpleasant smell. Stay away if you care about cleanliness or attention to detail.

This having been said, the front desk staff were nice and the view from the outdoor bar is nice also. But keep in mind, the price is low for a reason. You’ve been warned …

Unique Quality: Uniquely frightening and filthy.

Directions: across A1A from the beach

YUCK

by written on June 7, 2010

Took my bf here for his birthday WHAT A DISASTER!!! Should have looked at reviews first!! the first room we went into was missing all floor boards the room was painted 6 diff shades of yellow, as if they ran out of one color... the sealing was COVERED in dust, the "maids" had left a filthy rag and two cups on the night stand, the whole hotel smells extremely old and musty, the bedding was old and STAINED along with the carpet, we went back to the front desk and complained, would not give us any money back but suggested a different room which we decided to take rather then losing out on our 100.00, went to 2nd room which actually had one color of paint and floor boards but floors and bedding was still stained and bathroom paint in bathtub was peeling, the closet had brown stuff splattered all over it, the mini fridge was nasty and all iced over, the chair was stained all 5 channels on tv were fuzzy and not worth calling cable i opened one of the soaps and it had brown mold looking stuff on it, the towels didnt smell freshly cleaned, the floor in the bathroom had dirt on it, toilet was leaking, neither my bf or i wanted to take a shower in the nasty bathroom or take our shoes/ socks off, we slept ontop of the comforter with the pillows still under it. the "continental" breakfast consisted of coffee OR orange juice OR a bagel OR toast... this place was absolutely disgusting and the only reason they are still in business is because of suckers like us! the only plus was that it was across the street from the beach other then that this place is FILTHY and DISGUSTING and should be shut down. Anyone that rated this place good either works there or owns the place, is a friend, relative etc.. Dont waste your money here!! Also... the fire alarm went off about 4 times from around 9 to 11 which was EXTREMELY loud and annoying

HORRIBLE!!!

by written on August 26, 2009

Sea Club resort was disgusting! The entrance was fine, and it was on the beach which is why we chose the hotel. First, our room was not ready and it was past checkin time. Then, we had to travel to the other side of the hotel (which was up one elevator, a walk outside, and then up another elevator, to get to our room). No staff to help with luggage. When we entered our room the bed, windows, floor, walls and lamps were FILTHY! And there was urine in the toilet. The A/C barely worked and the smell was unbareable! It was so bad that we took pictures and checked out that afternoon. It reminded me of the Bates Motel, and it looked like a place that should charge by the hour.

Unique Quality: NASTY!

yooperprof's Profile Photo

Excellent off-season rates

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 15, 2009

Not the most elaborate beach-side resort, but excellent off-season rates and a great location. Friendly front-desk staff, too. It's a bit of a "period piece" - my room still had some older furniture in it - but I'm glad that there are still non-chain individual hotels on the seaside in Ft. Lauderdale. Oh, and free wi-fi! Yay.

Review by a OneTime.com User from Bournemouth England

by written on November 14, 2004

This place is gross. Rooms have lots of mould and smells to match. air-con was worn out and did not keep the room cool. Breakfast did exist but was met by a very surly waitress who made it clear that you could have one bagel or one Danish and not both.
This place is disgusting assuming that you find multiple cockroaches, hair all over the bathroom, wet carpets and a pool that displays most of Florida's insect world in dead form floating in the pool.

For those that are unsure,

DON'T TAKE ANY NOTICE OF THE WEBSITE. THEY LIE AND YOU WILL PAY!!!

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE FLATTENED.
REST IN PEACE BUT NOT AT THE SEA CLUB RESORT !!!!!!!!!!!!
last visit on October, 2004.

Nearby Sea Club Resort

Sea Club Resort

• Sea Hotel Fort Lauderdale
  • Sea Fort Lauderdale
  • Sea Club Hotel Fort Lauderdale

Address: 619 Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States

3 Photos of Sea Club Resort

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Fort Lauderdale Travel Forum

Need advice about Fort Lauderdale, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Fort Lauderdale and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Fort Lauderdale hotel reviews

Amusement Areas
Fort Lauderdale Views
Charter Boats
Tourist Traps
Rush Street Nightclub (Himmarshee Village)
Ft Lauderdale Beach