Orlando Hotels

Our Members Say

• seabreezecat profile photo seabreezecat

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

vacation village: rip off

made reservations with expedia.we got to the resort and were told it would cost 20.00 dollars more then we were told when we booked it.as we were deciding what to do the clerk said if you don't want it you wont be charged anything so we decided not to take it as it was the principle of charging more.we found a cheaper place to stay down the road.when I got my bank statement the next month i saw the resort took 75.00 out.i called to get it cleared up assuming they made a mistake.they said it was a no show fee.i told her we did show up.was told it would cost more and told there would be no charge if we didn't take it.she said they charge a no show fee like what I said meant nothing to bad that's the way it is.I emailed the reort and expedia with no result or anything back.what a surprise

never saw more then the lobby

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 24, 2010

• Gillybob profile photo Gillybob
  • Reviews: 815

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa: Luxury and Calm

The Grand Villas at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa are luxury personified! These apartments offer sleeping for up to 12 guests with a master bedroom with en suite jacuzzi bathroom, two bedrooms (with two double beds in each) each with their own bathroom, whilst the lounge has a sofa bed and the fourth bathroom is located off the kitchen.

We stayed for 5 nights during Ann (TheTravelSlut's) Orlando Meet. This made a great base as the apartment is bigger than my own house! We had a meet and greet session as well as brunch on Sunday within the Grand Villa. There's a full kitchen with all the amenities including fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, crockery, kitchenware, glassware and cutlery.

It is located a short (free) boat ride from Downtown Disney and has inter-resort buses available to some of the other Disney resorts within Walt Disney World.

Within the resort there is a pool (with lifeguards), spa facilities, restaurants (including fast food) and walks can be enjoyed through the landscaped resort and lake facilities.

Our Villa overlooked one of the small lakes.

The staff at the Disney resorts really take customer care to the maximum; when we arrived, we had a large amount of luggage and boxes and one of the bus-boys took their time to ensure he helped with a trolley and assisted with bringing it all up to our villa - it was very hot and we were all warm and sticky by the end of it but he always had a smille.

• Written July 25, 2010
Tip Photo

Lounge with view through to dining room

• princesitavale profile photo princesitavale
  • Reviews: 4

Coronado Springs: Disney's Coronado Springs

It was amazing, it is a really beatiful and huge hotel, with spectacular lakes all around you, all of the rooms from disney hotels, look exactly the same though, but they are big enough. it is very useful to stay at a disney hotel, if you want transport to all of the disney parks, they are offered in the hotel, the buses are really clean and safe, and on schedule since the moment the park is open to public, so if you wake up early, you can be the first person to enter the park. you can find restaurants there, with food aproppiate for kids, as well as a supermarket, everything you need. souvenir shops, is a very complete service. It is so beautiful, so far, one of the best hotels I have stayed in, and I was eleven back then, and I still remember how beautiful it was.

the huge lakes, you can't find that photo environment at any other disney resort. it also has amazing pools.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Theme Park Trips, Family Travel
  • Written May 27, 2010

• widespreadhope profile photo widespreadhope
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort: Disney's BEST Resort Pool!!

We were VERY Pleased with our Room here at Coronado Springs! The Room was quiet and the beds were SO comfortable! We also enjoyed a nice Mother's Day Dinner at the resorts restaurant, The Mayan Grill. The pool was the best part!Especially for the Kids. They have a HUGE Jaguar Water Slide and a Hot Tub! The play area was great too filled with lots of sand, swings and a slide. I really appreciated how thoughtful this resort is of smokers! usually i have to hunt for a place to smoke, but there were smoking sections EVERYWHERE! and the staff cleans the ashtrays every time you turn around! We will definitely be returning!

Water Slide at Pool and Numerous Smoking Sections for Smokers.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Theme Park Trips
  • Written May 11, 2010

• Konakona profile photo Konakona

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lake Berkley Townhomes - Hapimag Hotel Orlando: Kissimmee Resort near Disney World

We stayed at the Hapimag Resort in Kissimmee, very close to the entrance to Disney World. It is run by a Swiss-based time-share company, but they operate like a regular resort in the US. Very clean, nice pool area, but you do need a car in that area. The rates were very reasonable for a 2BR,2B unit with kitchen. There are tons of other hotels/resorts in the area; do a bit of on-line research.

Good location for sightseeing in the area. Units are townhome style with 2/3 BR and 2B plus full kitchen. Good option for families, open space, nice but small pool, pleasant and helpful staff. Much better option than a hotel or motel for the price.

• Written March 27, 2010

• our2jbboys profile photo our2jbboys
  • Reviews: 2

Holiday Inn Main Gate East: Pleasant staff and affordable rates

I found this hotel to be affordable, convenient to disney and shopping and all of the hotel staff that I encountered was extremely friendly. Rooms where typical of a Holiday Inn; clean, somewhat spacious, good ammenaties, etc... If you stay, ask for a room in the rear tower. We stayed in the front tower, because we were offered an inexpensive upgrade, and the noise from the street was a little bothersome at night. Other than that every thing else about the hotel was very nice.
One thing I should probably mention is that we reserved this room on Priceline and received a pretty good discount compared to the average cost per night.

The one thing that really stood out to me was the willingness of the staff to go the extra mile. Upon arrival we were offered a very affordable upgrade from two double beds to a double and a bunk bed with a wall seperating the sleeping areas. When the alarm in an empty room next to us went off at 4 a.m. the staff took care of it within minutes after I called and we never heard again the entire time of our stay. At check out there was a minor discrepancy on the paymant meathod- they charged my credit card automaticlly and I had wanted to pay cash -the accountant was brought up to the front desk right away and the problem was taken care of immediately.

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Budget Travel
  • Written February 13, 2010

• gracia.walker profile photo gracia.walker

Celebration Hotel: Celebration Hotels For Celebrating Life Moments

This hotel makes true of its name because visitor came here for celebrating his holidays with cool and funny days. This hotel provide all the facilities of expansive hotel and enjoy all visitors with its amenities.

Restaurant on site
separate smoking property
parking
business center
closer to disney world and airport

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Theme Park Trips, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 23, 2009

• doug48 profile photo doug48
  • Reviews: 5204

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

saratoga springs resort and spa: disney property

disney's sarasota springs resort and spa is a first class property located in the lake buena vista area of disney world. they offer very nice two story suites with a full kitchen. for golfers the resort is located just across the street from the lake buena vista golf club. saratoga springs resort is a very nice place to stay on disney property. expensive.

• Related to: Golf, Theme Park Trips, Spa and Resort
  • Written October 9, 2009
Tip Photo

saratoga springs resort and spa

• matamis78 profile photo matamis78
  • Reviews: 18

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vacation Home Rental Emerald Island Resort, Kissim: Villa Direct Florida Emerald Lagoon

The Picture of this house was really nice. When we arrived I noticed that the tree was 10 times bigger in person that in the picture. (it has grown over the YEARS!!) Well there was a mold smell in the house. The back yard screened in pool was torn. The pool was not heated. We paid the extra $$ for the pool to be heated. While we tired to call the managers about the HEATED POOL we paid for. THey told us to refer to the Rental Guide. In the Guide said if the pool head does not work the $$ for Heat was non refundable. It didnt work from the get go. It was an OK rental. I would of rather stayed at a Hilton. I would never rent a house from VIlla Direct again.

Renting a house is pretty good if you are a large group and want to save money. It was a nice Idea we went along with some friends that invited us but the other 2 couples bailed out on us and we had to split the bill. we were there for 4 days and paid over 700 for a place to sleep. Like I said I would have rather stayed at a Hilton.

Next time when going with friend Collect the money first. I was not the one that planned the trip. If it was me I would of collected before I booked the accomodations.

• Related to: Family Travel, Zoo, Theme Park Trips
  • Written September 25, 2009

• cptarmynurse profile photo cptarmynurse

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SUPER 8 MOTEL - ORLANDO/NEAR UNIVERSAL: If you book here do not use a Credit Card

Do not use your credit/debit card here. They double charged my card and told me that one charge was only a hold until after I checked out. Upon returning home it was still their so I disputed it with my credit card company. The Super 8 management lied to them and said I had rented 10 rooms and that was the charge. So I had to have my card canceled and place a fraud alert on it. Don’t stay here and if you do don’t use a credit card.

The room was good for the price with a nice swimming pool to cool off in. Also it was close the attractions.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 12, 2009

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2393

Disney's Pop Century Resort: A great value resort at Walt Disney World

We loved our stay at Disney's Pop Century Resort - so much so that if we ever go back to WDW, I'd probably want to stay there again. Pop Century is the most recent of the Disney value resorts and it pays tribute to American pop culture from the 1950s to the 1990s. We had a great time just walking around the resort and spotting all the pop culture icons, from a giant foozball game to giant Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head. Our room was quite comfortable and well-designed to accomodate a party of four. We were also amazed at how quiet it was! We stayed in the 80s section, so the computer pool was right around the corner - it's a huge pool and the water was deliciously warm - but we also had access to the resort's two other pools.

We had breakfast at the hotel everyday (see my tip on Everything Pop), did some shopping at the huge gift shop and spent a couple hours at the arcade. When we felt like getting away from all the action, it was also possible to go for a nice walk along Hourglass Lake. The entire resort was very well maintained and incredibly clean, and the staff (or "cast members" as they call them at Disney) were always helpful and friendly. I'd recommend staying there in a heartbeat!

We loved the fact that the pool was open until midnight - it gave us a chance to cool down and unwind after a busy day at one of the theme parks. We also very much enjoyed the music that was playing throughout the resort, from Buddy Holly to the Backstreet Boys!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written August 9, 2009

Hippy Dippy Pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort

• karenayahoo profile photo karenayahoo

Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista, Fl: Great Hotel for Disney/Seaworld vacation

We visited Disney May 2-6 this year with a 9 yr old. Presonally we found the parkhopper to be a waste of money. One day in each park is quite enough. The longest lines were for character pictures. We stayed at Animal kingdom for 4 nights and it was very nice but expensive. The Disney hotels are huge and there is too much walking to get from one place to another. We would not stay again. Disney transportion is great but some of the hotels outside disney have free transportation to and from the disney parks if you do not want to drive and they are very nice and reasonably priced. We also have stayed at Holiday Inn express in Lake Vista (very close to everything) and it was great clean with comfortable beds plus a great pool with a slide thru a waterfall and hot breakfast! I lucked up and got a great deal thru expedia. ( $67 including tax ) I have many suggestions on restaurants in that area and inside the disney parks too if you are interested.
Tip: I found tourguidemike.com and mouseears.com helpful

The pool is beautiful but a little small. However it was not crowded when we were there.

• Written July 23, 2009

• neil999 profile photo neil999
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

mystic dunnes.orlando.kissimee: mystic dunnes, golf and spa

Great place to stay. even if you are not in to Golf on holiday. Very large complex as most things are in the states, but do not be but off by this.Great pools,parking good condo rooms had it all ! Not far from all shops and food places on 192 highway.Closer to Disney parks than Seaworld and universal parks,But still only a short car ride to International Drive, however so much more to do.
This year May 2009 , i have found it hard to find a booking in Mystic Dunnes at a resonable price 2008 we paid £480 FOR 1 WK .This year have to go direct with Mystic Dunnes £750.tHE RESORT IS GREAT.it is a time share place so watch out for those 2 hour tour that turn in to 6hours of sell, sell ,sell.!

pool , slide in pool , location

• Related to: Golf, Cycling, Spa and Resort
  • Written May 23, 2009

• sunloverinatlanta profile photo sunloverinatlanta
  • Reviews: 35

Seralago Hotel: Clean Inexpensive Hotel

This was a clean, inexpensive hotel. Looks like it used to be a Days Inn or something along those lines. They kept the pool and hot tub open until midnight. When you don't get back from the parks until late, you normally don't get to go sit in the hot tub or go swimming. We did not eat at the buffet but it looked good. Had a fridge.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a good basic hotel in Kissimmee/Disney area. Very convenient to Disney/shopping/restaurants and other attractions.

Pool and hot tub open till midnight! They did not the rooms around the pool unless you specifically asked for it so that the noise would not disturb guests.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written April 2, 2009
Tip Photo

• refbillyj profile photo refbillyj

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quality Inn Plaza: Good value hotel to stay at...

Me and my friend chose this hotel as it was close to the attractions we wanted to see. After scheduling the trip, I came on here to check out the reviews of the hotel and was kind of scared by some of the reviews I read. I was hoping everything would work out...which it did.

We stayed here from February 26th to March 5th.

Front desk staff were nice and checked in very fast.

We were placed in Building F on the 7th floor. We had a nice view of Pointe Orlando, the rest of the plaza and could see the lake on the other side of the busy I-4. Our room was quiet. Two double beds. There were no problems that were mentioned in the previous reviews. No bugs could be found, roomed cleaned daily, door locked well, room was quiet at night. You get what you pay for and our room was worth it.

One slight problem we had was there was no phone book as we were looking for places to eat for dinner. My friend called down and asked for a phone book but they never brought one up. We just used our wireless internet connection to find a good place. We called the next day and the phone book was brought up in less than 5 minutes.

Good Italian place to eat: Maggiano's in the Pointe Orlando. Don't get the large portion as their portions are huge and we had a lot of leftovers.

Beds at the hotel were a little soft but didn't have a problem getting a good night's sleep.

Shower nozzle had 3 settings but not a lot of pressure on the regular shower setting.

Wireless internet was free using a laptop computer and got a good connection. There was the internet in the room that you could pay for but didn't need to with the good free connection. Got kicked off a couple times, but that's common as it does at home for me too.

Free shuttle was good as we took it to Sea World. You just have to reserve seats. It's a bus that drives up. The driver was nice and the bus was on time.

Never ate in the hotel restaurant. Browsed through the gift shop which wasn't that expensive compared to many other hotel gift shops I've been in. The Lite Bite food place was good but it is cheaper to walk or drive down to Walgreen's which is about 2 blocks away from the main entrance.

Pools were maintained. Just had to take elevator downstairs and pool was almost right there. It was a heated outdoor pool. There was another pool about 200 feet away but it was not heated. There is a 3rd pool by the front entrance as well. I would assume it was heated.

If you want to save money on a hotel room, want a short drive or shuttle to most of the Orlando attractions and don't mind staying in a kind of dated hotel and room, then I recommend staying in this hotel.

If I come back to Orlando on my same budget, I will look into staying at this place again.

Nice, maintained pools. Pretty good views on 7th floor of Pointe Orlando, Wonderworks, I-4, late, rest of the plaza.

• Related to: Road Trip, Budget Travel, Theme Park Trips