The Caribbean Court Boutique Hotel

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 739 reviews
Booking.com Travelocity

Dog owners beware!!!! Not pet friendly!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 8, 2012

Where to start? Let's see.... I decided to book a room in Vero Beach for two nights to attend a friends wedding as well as to spend the weekend at the beach with my husband and my two dogs.  Upon arrival I noticed every beach entrance was plastered with signs stating dogs are not welcome on the beach unless they are service dogs... This was very disappointing.. I asked the hotel staff if dogs could be taken on the beach and I was told that they have private beach access and I should be ok.. Well the walkway to their private beach access also specifically stated that dogs were not welcome so we didn't want to chance it and decided to locate a dog friendly beach elsewhere.  Luckily, about 45 minutes south we did find a dog friendly beach and were able to enjoy the day with our dogs.  Alright, so that was my first minor issue but we resolved it. Next issue- the same evening we attended my friends wedding 1 mile down the road.  We left our room at 5 and received a phone call around 6 that our dogs were barking so, my husband left the wedding and returned to the hotel room.  He walked past the door several times to see if he could get them to bark but there was no barking. When he walked into the room they were laying on the floor sleeping.  My husband remained with the dogs for awhile and returned to the wedding. Well we received another call saying the dogs were barking again so we both returned to our hotel room. While laying in our hotel room with the dogs, our room phone and cell phones rang twice to tell us again that our dogs were barking. Problem.... we were laying right next to them and they weren't making a sound. I decided to go find someone with the hotel staff however, the office was closed. I was able to find the restaurant manager and several of the wait staff. All of the individuals looked puzzled when I asked if my dogs were bothering the guests, each of the individuals stated they had not heard any barking.  I asked the restaurant manager to walk by our room to verify that my dogs were in fact not barking and he confirmed that there was no noise coming from the room.  The restaurant manager then contacted the office manager to determine where the complaints were coming from, it was the guest located directly above us. I was given an opportunity to speak with her and her words to me were.. "I specifically asked to be placed far away from dogs." Well if that's the case why did the hotel put her right above me. I at no point denied that my dogs probably did bark. But I do have an issue with them saying they barked all night, especially since my husband was with them after the first phone call and then we both were with them after that. All it took was for the dog hater upstairs to hear a bark and my dogs were guilty...
Issue number three.. Apparently, my dogs urinated in the room and we used the guest towels to clean up the urine.  First off, both of my dogs are over 6 years of age and have been house broken for 5+ years. My border collie is a perfectionist and would probably explode before using the bathroom indoors.  My dogs are indoor dogs that travel with us everywhere and not once have I ever allowed my dogs to destroy other people's property.  This last issue is what I am most upset about as it is a flat out lie!! Yes my dogs probably did bark some and I am sorry that the lady upstairs was bothered. But I wish the hotel would have placed her as she requested, far away from dogs. Long story short this hotel charged me $250.00 for destroying 9 towels and disturbing guests.  In no way shape or form did we destroy even 1 towel let alone 9.  My husband and i showered before checking out that morning using three of the 9 towels??? Maybe my husband decided to mark his territory haha (I've got to find some humor in this nightmare trip.)  More than anything I am insulted by their lies and just want to make sure other dog lovers don't fall into this hotels pet deposit trap!! Do not stay here with your dog!!!!!!!!

Unique Quality: Pool was small and dirty

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Vero Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Vero Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Vero Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Vero Beach hotel reviews