VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Sheraton Atlanta Downtown

See Amenities

FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 3, 2010

Check in was great; given a larger room to accommodate an extra person. That is where the good ended.
The bathtub drain was so slow that you could barely take a shower w/o it filling up and the pressure was next to zero (maybe because they know they'd have an overflow problem otherwise, huh). This is a Sheraton that must skimp on service to guests because you have to pay for wifi, the sheets are so narrow on the beds you are fighting keeping them ON the bed as you sleep.
I had driven, paid as instructed by the hotel, as they have it written, also written at the garage, then double checked by an attendant as you pull away ($54.00). The staff tried to charge again when the other party checked out. I was woken up very early at my home and told I had to fax a copy of the receipt immediately to avoid add'l. charges. (This was 6:30a.m., on a Sunday, I'd not gotten home and to bed until 2:30 a.m. from this trip) They need to decide HOW they want the garage charge paid! Twice isn't the solution. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at this hotel. Overall there are much better hotels out there without the hassles.

Great hotel stay!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 16, 2005

We had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton.
Very clean, quiet and comfortable.
The pool was lovely and we had it to ourselves quite often.

Only regret: I thought internet access was provided, but the hotel charged a fee.
C'mon guys, it's 2005!

Unique Quality: Great pool...terrific for kids because it is large and shallow, and has one area that is 10' deep.
Nice jacuzzi, too.

martystagram's Profile Photo

Good central location

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2005

Booked the Sheraton Downtown online and got a good deal by booking with a flight from Houston on the site59 website. Three of us shared a room - very spacous as when we arrived it was quiet and we asked if there were any free upgrades available. The nice lady put us in a corner room with two tv's, two sofas and lots of space.

All very good.

Staff very helpful, if a little blinkered at times.

There were a couple of incidents to note:

1) Service in the cafe was poor, coffee served with milk that had gone off and when I spoke to the manager I was almost shouted at as she didn't realise I was a customer at first. She did apologies and try to excuse herself by being European - well so am I and I'm not that rude!!!

2) Service in the resturant was also poor, food took ages and we were not attended to well at all. In the end we were given free drinks. I would say in their defence that the food was extremely good when it got to us.

At the end of our stay I made a comment to the checkout staff and was pleasantly surprised when they knocked a few dollars off the bill.

All in all - I would recommend the hotel, but just don'y expect bells and whistles!

Unique Quality: Lovely indoor pool area.
Good food in the resturant.
Don't forget to add the carparking costs when you are working out costs.
Check out priceline, site59, expedia, travelocity etc for best prices.

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Former Radisson Hotel Atlanta / Spirit of Atlanta

by written on July 8, 2003

I found my reservation card from the convention I attended in 1998. It was the Radisson Hotel Atlanta and my room rate was $99.00. We were bused to the convention center from the hotel.

Nearest airport: Hartsfield International (ATL) I had to come from the airport on the metro rail and I found it difficult to figure out where the hotel was from the rail stop.

When I went to look the hotel up on the internet, I couldn't find it. Then I found a notice that said it had been bought and was going to be turned into the Spirit of Atlanta. Very shortly after that, it became a Sheraton.

Current Rate Range (2004): From $115 to $1,500 per night *

Please make note that this Atlanta hotel has a cancel policy of 14 DAYS *.

Unique Quality: The cabin and farm of the earliest known settler of Atlanta, Hardy Ivy, was situated where the hotel now stands. Built in the 1960s as Atlanta's first large convention hotel, the facility is at the intersection of International Boulevard and Courtland Street in the heart of Downtown.

With 747 rooms on 12 floors, it is Atlanta's fifth largest and can easily accommodate convention groups of various sizes. Meeting Space: 29 rooms. 14,000 sq. ft. total.

Currently, the website says: Some of the amenities that you will find here are Pool, Meeting Rooms, Room Service, Concierge, Restaurants, Parking, Lounge, Maid Service, Fitness Center, and Shuttle Service. The rooms each have TV, Alarm Clock, Minibar, In Room Safe, Iron, Voicemail, Coffee, Dataport, Hairdryer, Air Conditioning and more. Sheraton Atlanta Hotel's check in time is 3 PM and their check out time is 12 PM.

There was a restaurant in the hotel, and there were other restaurants that we could walk to.

Add to your Trip Planner

We stayed at the Sheraton in...

by written on August 24, 2002

We stayed at the Sheraton in Atlanta, on Courtland Boulevard (street, avenue, whatever). VERY nice hotel, very well run, great accomodations, and well kept rooms. We had a room on the third floor, which had a small balcony overlooking the courtyard and pool area. Very quaint. Excellent staff, and the valet and bell staff were quite polite, friendly, and provided excellent service.
I believe we paid around $90 a night, for a two night stay.

Directions: On Courtland Avenue. Walking distance to Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood.

Nearby Sheraton Atlanta Downtown

Sheraton Atlanta Downtown

• Sheraton Atlanta
  • Atlanta Sheraton

Address: 165 Courtland St at International Blvd, Atlanta, Georgia, 30303, United States

4 Photos of Sheraton Atlanta Downtown

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Atlanta Travel Forum

Need advice about Atlanta, Georgia? Visit the Travel Forum for Atlanta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Atlanta hotel reviews

Centennial Park
Stone Mountain View
Stone Mountain Village
Things to Do
Informative museum about the human rights leader
Great for airport food