Quincy City Centre Hotel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 38 reviews
QualityInn Orbitz.com

DO NOT STAY THERE ANY TIME SOON

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 10, 2011

I travel about 25% of the time for my job, so I have stayed in many hotels all over the country and this was the worst I have ever seen. The lobby looked ok at first glance but do not be fooled by this. When we walked in the lady at the front desk was on the phone and made me wait for 5 minutes before even acknowledging that I was there. Then didn't even know how to check me in and I had to wait another 10 minutes for someone to come help her. Then our 69 dollar room ended up being 87 after all the other fees. I was still ok with that up to this point. Then we started our journey to the room. There was a sign that said please bear with us because we are under renovation. That is ok too except that the sign looked as if it has been hanging there for 5 years. Then I started to realise that the hotel looks in shambles. No money has been spent on this hotel in a really long time. So here goes: Carpet stained beyond belief, wallpaper falling off walls, Handwritten handicapped signs just written on wall outside some rooms, mold in bathroom, stained sheets, terrible showerhead, toilets that don't like to flush, sliding door to pool area that will not open barely but once it is open good luck shutting it, wore out nasty pillows, pool in disrepair, out of order sauna, water in hot tub nasty dirty and while we were in it the filter quit working. The pool area that was supposed to open at 9 was still locked at 9:30 so I had to walk down to the front desk to get it unlocked and then had to wait 10 minutes for her to unlock it. So we complained, about the cost of the room given the condition, and she agreed to give us 10 dollars off our room. We should have got our room for the price of a cleaning fee because that is what the hotel is worth. Too many other things to mention but here is a few: rotting wood around hot tub, holes in walls, terrible breakfast. If the price would have been cheaper, would be ok but that is not the case. In my opinion the place needs tore down instead of renovated. And one other thing, it used to be a holiday inn and they moved out and built a new one instead of renovating that one!!! Pretty sure that means it is beyond repair. So good luck if you stay there.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Quincy Travel Forum

Need advice about Quincy, Illinois? Visit the Travel Forum for Quincy and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Quincy hotel reviews