Boston Omni Parker House Hotel

See Amenities
apbeaches's Profile Photo

160 year old Historic Hotel

by written on November 17, 2015

This grand luxury hotel has been symbolic to Boston’s rich history and culture since 1855. Old-World charm and elegance are accompanied by all of the modern conveniences of a world-class establishment. It's located in the heart of downtown Boston, along the Freedom Trail, a few blocks from Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall marketplace. The Parker is one of America’s longest continuously-operating hotel, this year they marked their 160th year.

The lobby was large and elegant, rooftop ball room with terrace stunning. Restaurants looked like they stepped out of time. The elevators had large gold doors. The fitness center was large, worked well and was pretty comprehensive.

Our room on the 9th floor was noisy. We heard construction on the street, sirens and alarms as well. In the middle of the night we heard conversations in the hallways and in the room next to us. The room was clean and well appointed, the bed was very comfortable and the shower had good pressure. It was a tight room, our bathroom sink didn't have a counter.

Unique Quality: The Parker invented the Boston Cream Pie. We purchased small individual portions from the Morsel's shop for $8.00 each. The pies were beautiful and tasty but we expected a really exceptional memorable Boston Cream Pie, it wasn't!

Directions: A block from the commons & granery

morochaargentina's Profile Photo

under construction

by written on July 23, 2008

can you imagine the noices??? do I need to go further? not a nice experience AT ALL! the lobby was under construction and so was the outside... of course, we had people working outside of our room at all times, and we suffer the "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" sign... like that is goin to change anything! just close while you do construction work! It's not MY fault!

I'm sure somebody else will benefit from my pain... I just don't think I'll stay there again (the room was SMALL, there is no light anywhere in the room OR the lobby, it just looks like an old and sad hotel... I hope the remodelations takes them somewhere.. I just don't think I'll be there to see it... even if we stay in boston at least once a month)

Unique Quality: location

grannypl6's Profile Photo

Olde Worlde New England Stay

by written on June 16, 2007

From the moment you drive up to the entrance you know that you are stepping back into a more genteel time and place.
This hotel is elegant and the staff is exceptional.Can't find a Ghost tour because it is only 30 degrees and they only do it in the summer? Ask Joseph the concierge. Within miinutes you have a date to stroll through Boston's oldest cemeteries.

Unique Quality: The beds re sooooooooooooo comfortalbel. Lots and lots of wonderful pillows. Fabulous amenities.
Make sure uyou join the prefferred customer program brefore booking your stay. That gets you free WiFi access instead otf the fee that is normally charged. Also you have special beverages, snacks and papers sent to your room.
Don't forget to have dinner at the World Famous Parker House. JFK proposed to Jackie at table 40.
Service and food is the best.

Directions: Located right on the freedom Trail. So centrally located, you can walk to Quincy Market and Fanuel Hall.

burbankbeatnik's Profile Photo

A great location and fascinating history

by written on February 23, 2007

I stayed here for one night in 2006. My friend and I had just returned from staying in a Parisian youth hostel, so the accomodations were like heaven. The pillows were so fluffy! The service was good as well, and the close location to everything made a trip to dinner very easy. Our room was a bit small, but the comfort of the hotel makes up for it.

Unique Quality: Historical, comfortable, great location, haunted?, It's where they invented parker house rolls and the Boston cream pie.

Directions: Downtown Boston, between the Park Street and Government center T stops. Right next to the Old City Hall and King's Chapel. Smack between the Boston Common and Faneuil Hall. Really close to Downtown Crossing as well.

dhaynie111's Profile Photo

Best of Boston

by written on June 9, 2005

If you are looking for Historical Luxury, then this is the place for you. Nestled in between the graves of famous patriots, you will find luxury at an affordable price.

Unique Quality: The large, well appointed rooms are some of the best I have seen, and the workout facilities are second to none.

Directions: Downtown

Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

by written on June 1, 2005

The history itself behind the Omni Parker hotel is amazing. Ho Chi Minh worked there while he was attending college at Harvard. Malcolm X also worked there and the Bosom Crème Pie was invented in the kitchen where celebrity chef Emeril got his start. “Back in the day” Charles Dickens was a guest, as was Ralph Waldo Emerson and some of his literary friends. It’s a beautiful hotel anyway and in a wonderful location. I’ve been in three different bedrooms and none of them were the same. Supposedly there are 50 bedroom varieties, if you will. The rooms, while on the European small side, are tastefully decorated and elegant. It’s in a fantastic location-literally steps from Government Crossing and the State House. You can walk to the Common, to downtown crossing, and even to Fanueil Hall with no problem. Sitting in the lobby and looking out the window is a nice way to people-watch, too.

mirrajay's Profile Photo

Perfect Location for Getting to T Stops

by written on May 3, 2005

I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The hotel itself was not spectacular, but it was very efficient and the European rooms were larger that most that I have seen (but still small if you are used to non-european style rooms). The best thing about this hotel was the location - it was within comfortable walking distance to the Blue and Green T lines which made it very convenient.

Unique Quality: Right on the Freedom Trail

Directions: Freedom Trail, near Fanueil Hall

exotiqgatita's Profile Photo

One Room is Britney Spears Childhood Bedroom! See!

by written on January 16, 2005

I had an interivew there, I did'nt stay, but I can tell you it's very artistic, not stuffy, or fancy like the other hotels in town. The lounga has cool counches and low lighting, very euro-cool. I saw alot of red around..lovely! But the location is like WHAT THE HELL. IT's around the corner of bad boston, so I saw litter, homeless folk and big puddles of grime around that area. Not a hotel where you feel completely glamourous when you walk right out. a suggestion is to take a taxi or car, but the subway is just around the corner. Shopping is not too close either.

aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Ho Chi Minh was a Bell Hop here!

by written on April 19, 2004

When we were looking at possible hotel accommodation in Boston I was browsing through a Frommers guide & when I saw that Ho Chi Minh had supposedly been a bell hop here I thought we might stay here. Then I saw it was in School Street then we as then both school teachers at that time just had to stay there.

Unique Quality: Even though it was apparent that the hotel had seen better days I still really like the beautiful timber throughout both the lobby & also other parts of the hotel.

Service was very good. Our room was very nicely appointed & we were very pleased with it as more than comfortable place to rest our weary legs after a day's trudging though the deep snow lining the streets & onto the sidewalks

We enjoyed our stay there and would definitely consider staying there again on a return trip that we would both love to do to this beautiful city

Directions: After checking their website their general booking form list prices over $300 (US), but their website has package deal with other promotional offers thrown in for about $179 which seems a pretty good deal so check their website.

myrtle's Profile Photo

Hotel room

by written on February 7, 2004

Unique Quality: This is what our room looked like. It's hard to take a picture inside the room, so the picture does not do it justice. Trust me...it's really nice.

myrtle's Profile Photo

Beautiful Hotel

by written on February 7, 2004

This has got to be one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly. The only reason we ended up staying here is because we got a great deal on a vacation package through expedia. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we were not disappointed. The only bad thing I could say about this place is probably the location. It's in a financial district, so everything in this area closes after normal business hours & there aren't any restaurants nearby.

Unique Quality: There are 2 bars in the hotel. We liked to go to the bar late at night & grab a coffee or cappuccino and just waste time.

Directions: Financial District

TempNomad's Profile Photo

A swank place with a history

by written on September 8, 2003

I only saw the lobby...but word has it that the rooms are comfy but small. There are a couple of loungy bars here too.

Unique Quality: This place can boast that it employed Malcolm X in the kitchen. I'm checking if Chairman Mao also worked here. No better place to see the disparity between the classes, I suppose.

rids's Profile Photo

by written on August 25, 2002

Omni Parker House
$200. Check the website for promotional and weekend rates.

Unique Quality: One of Boston's luxury hotels, opened by innovative hosteler Harvey Parker, the Parker House has been operating on this site since 1856. Parker introduced the European Plan, started the practice of serving meals continuously, and coined the term 'scrod' for the fresh white fish catch of the day. The fabled Parker House Roll and the Boston Cream Pie originated here. Among the illustrious patrons of the Parker House were Charles Dickens, Ulysses S. Grant and John F. Kennedy. The members of the Saturday Club, a group of leading 19th century authors including Emerson, Lowell and Longfellow, gathered here.
The photo shows a painting, which is in the magnificant lobby, of the original hotel. See my Travelogue for more photos of the hotel.

Directions: 60 School Street, on the Freedom Trail in the Financial District.

Nearby Boston Omni Parker House Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Boston Travel Forum

Need advice about Boston, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Boston and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Boston hotel reviews