Boston Park Plaza Hotel And Towers

Family Travel Museum Visits Work Abroad
See Amenities

Great location

by written on July 11, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and have had all good experiences - clean with friendly staff. Have never eaten in the hotel restaurants as there are so many better places to eat and it is relatively expensive to eat here. Room sizes are okay - on the smaller size but is typical of a hotel this age. It is it's location, location, location that brings us back - close to the
subway, parks, shopping and walking trails in a safe area. It is the comfort of knowing what to expect in this hotel that makes us return. Don't like the fact you have to pay for wi-fi or sit in the lobby for free wi-fi (chairs can be at a premium at certain times of the day). The concierge service is second to none and I recommend using it, tipping well and they will look after you!

Unique Quality: Vintage moldings, marble in the bathroom. It is in such a good location to upscale shopping, malls, grocery stores, great restaurants and all the attractions Boston has to offer. Like the fact you can open a window.

dirtroady's Profile Photo

A glorified crap hole

by written on March 20, 2014

The hotel looks beautiful but that's all there is to it. The room is small and is very much like what I'd expect from a side of the road motel. The vent in my room is very noisy, the bathroom is ridiculously hot and there's no way to fix any of this. Even the coffee machine looks cheap and out of place.

Mind you, this is not a cheap hotel, though breakfast isn't even included.

Worst of all, one of my pillow cases was dirty and the concierge didn't even apologize for this. At 10pm I started getting my bed ready, only to notice that the dirty pillow case had been flipped upside down to hide the side that had someone else's makeup stains on it.

S**tty, very, very s**tty.

PALLINA's Profile Photo

excellent

by written on July 12, 2011

What do I usually ask to a city centre hotel? A very good location, on walking distance from some bars, pubs and on walking distance from subway or bus station and a very well organized concierge. Actually in the US I usually ask for two queen size beds, I cannot stand to share a queen size (I wonder how Americans can do it). This hotel offered all of this and also more. Sorry, I have no pics, I have forgotten to take some.

Don't even consider.....

by written on July 26, 2010

Yikes-the bed was lumpy.... room temperature was hard to regulate.... I didn't sleep well.

I was sent there from an other hotel that was overbooked... I thought it was very expesinsive... it should have been less than the Sheraton (the "sister" hotel that sent me).

They advertised room internet--- but it was not free.

The Sheraton told me it was a short walk-- it was a heck of a walk!!!!

I don't recommend.....

Unique Quality: OLD OLD OLD

Mikebb's Profile Photo

Luxury and Convenience

by written on June 4, 2008

Arriving in the United States early evening we made our way to the Boston Plaza Hotel to join a 13 day coach tour. We were very tired and looking forward to a good bed as we alighted from the taxi and upon entering the hotel foyer we were surprised with the grandeur of the reception hall. This certainly was going to be an enjoyable stay in a classy hotel. Formalities were quickly processed by reception and we were shown to our room.

Our room was very nice, well furnished including a good bed and linen, the bathroom was of good standard including luxury soaps and shampoo. It was 10pm and we had not eaten so we went to Swans Diner within the hotel and had dinner.

Our room did not have a refrigerator and we later learnt this is common to hotels within the United States, however we were able to obtain ice from an icemaking machine down the hallway.

We learnt that this hotel has accommodated every American President since it was opened in 1927 which must be testimony to its quality. The hotel is within walking distance of many historic attractions and also the Boston Common.

Unique Quality: Style, Quality and Class.

Callavetta's Profile Photo

Back Bay Accommodations to cheer about

by written on April 1, 2007

The Boston Park Plaza Hotel would normally be slightly above my price range, but booking at the last minute (literally the day before, from my hotel room in Wilmington), I took the suggestions that came with my confirmation e-mail from United, when I booked my airline tickets and reserved a Tower Level Concierge Room. At a total cost of about $230 a night, the package included enough "freebies" to make it seem worth it.

I was very pleased when I arrived at the Hotel; a grand dame of a place with a huge extravagant lobby. No line at check in (separate check in available for the tower rooms - on the 15th floor), the business details were quickly dispensed of and I headed for the elevator car that is reserved for the 15th floor rooms. Stepping into the hallway, I encountered the private concierge for our floor. Down the hall and around the corner and I came to my room.

The room was very nicely appointed but small, as one might find in London or Paris. Unlike London or Paris, the king sized bed was a welcome sight. The bed had something like 10 pillows and a huge fluffy comfortor. A desk by the window provided me with the perfect place to fire up my laptop and use the free internet, free local and long distance phone calls, and enjoy some in room Tazo Tea (Starbucks). Also included was bottled water, and inroom Starbucks coffee.

The all marble bathroom had upscale amenities and a bathroom scale (does anyone really want a scale on vacation?!) and a two headed shower head. Plush towels and bathrobes rounded out the luxury.

I have to add the bed was very comfy, with its pillow top mattress. Although the pillows look beautiful when the bed is made up, they sure do get in the way when you're trying to sleep!

There are several other reviews of this hotel on VT that show photos of a bathroom I can't even imagine finding here. I can only think that the hotel has undergone a major renovation since the reviews were written.

Unique Quality: The Tower Concierge rooms also include a lounge that is open to guests 24 hours a day. Breakfast is served until 9:30 on weekdays and 10 on weekends (a little early for we West Coast visitors!) and there's a appetizer bar from 5 to 8 in the evening (no-host bar. My wine was $9for a very small glass). The rest of the 24 hours guests can help themselves to coffee, tea, sodas and snacks. The lounge was very comfy with overstuffed chairs and couches, several TVs, newspapers and a small business center.

One final note: we probably would have seriously LOVED this hotel had it not been for the surprise we encountered Saturday morning. The hotel seemed to be the gathering point for a cheerleader convention. The lobby was packed with literally hundreds of little girls with horridly gaudy make up and cheerleading outfits, squealing and shrieking at eachother, along with their very scary cheerleader Moms!

Directions: In the Back Bay area, just adjacent to the Boston Common and a short walk from the Theater District.

Terrible- Absolutley Terrible

by written on June 19, 2006

This hotel is a complete sham. The "economy" rooms are a joke. I paid $189/night for one of the smallest rooms I have ever seen (smaller than many rooms I have seen in Europe) It gets MUCH worse.

The room is horrendous. There are huge stains on the carpet, the paint is chipping off the walls, and I had to have my bedspread changed the first night I was here because there were yellow stains all over the front. The bathroom is tiny; we're talking 2x2 shower here, and the tile is so dingy, I wore flip flops while showering. The toilet has yellow water and ring where it was stained. ON TOP OF ALL THIS- the AC didn't work in the middle of summer!!

What did I try to do to rectify the situation- 1. had bedspread changed. when I asked housekeeping to take a second look at the bathroom, she said that's just the way it is- "old hotel and all". 2.Complained about no AC twice and asked to switch rooms. I was apologized to- apparently it was out throughout the entire hotel (but somehow the lobby was nice and cool) I was asssured it wold be fixed by that evening. It was 90 degrees and humid today in Boston- no AC is not an option. especially when I am paying almost $200 a night. Now I'm sitting in my hot, stuffy, prision with no relief. AC still not fixed.

I would NEVER stay here again, and I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. I'm sure the non-economy rooms are better, but not worth a penny.

Unique Quality: Close to everything.

Directions: Arlington Street

Terrible- Absolutley Terrible

by written on June 19, 2006

Unique Quality: Close to everything.

Directions: Arlington Street

adegolier1's Profile Photo

Great Hotel .....Great Location!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2005

Our stay was wonderful. I was nervous at first since I started reading reviews and alot of people were complaining about the hotel but I thought the hotel was really nice.

The Park Plaza is a old historic hotel. Opened in 1927 by E.M. Statler. Because of it being an old building the rooms are small but comfortable. The bathrooms are also small but not too small.

The best part of this hotel is that its downtown and you can walk practically anywhere and if walking is too much or the distance is too far, then you can take the T.

We got a great value through hotwire.com, and for staying right downtown, it was great! So If you dont live in your hotel room and you basically just sleep and wash up there like we do, you will love it.

Unique Quality: Heres a list of the Restaurants/Bars in the Hotel: (makes it nice when your feet hurt and you dont feel like walking anywhere else!)

• Todd English's Bonfire
• M.J. O'Connor's
• Smith & Wollensky's

Directions: Back Bay

exotiqgatita's Profile Photo

You feel like Hot Sh@t as you walk in!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 16, 2005

I rented the $250 suite for my 18th birthday, which is a regular price for one night at most of the Boston Hotels. And I would say it was worth it! I got a two bed, two bath suite, the room wasn't as big as I tohught it would be, but the whole place is nice. Park Plaza is known for really classy people, or the rich go there usually. The decor is really fancy, that's why. But I know the other hotels are almost just as nice. So seriously, you don't HAVE to stay here, I bet other hotels like the Sheraton or Hilton Back Bay may be alot cheaper, and really just as satisfied! But if you want to brag to others about ya hotel, this and the Ritz-Carlton are the ones to go to. Plus, that's the Copley area, which has about 15 hotels in the same area! So it's doesn;t really matter based on location.

Unique Quality: I only stayed one night, so I didn't even check out everything else.

member007's Profile Photo

Downtown Boston for a descent price.

by written on November 23, 2004

The best part about this hotel is that it is surrounded by historic Back Bay and is just one block from the theatre district. You can get great food close at the Bonfire Steakhouse or Swan's Court. The Whiskey Park is right there when its time for a drink.

Unique Quality: Valet parking
Room service
Restaurant and bar on site
and many more ammenities

Directions: Downtown Boston

vivalasteph's Profile Photo

Grand style and sometimes a surprise

by written on May 2, 2004

This large hotel is just a block from the Public Garden and has a grand lobby, with many restaurants and shops to keep you busy. It is a perfect location for a Boston visit, with many attractions within walking distance.

Helpful staff and nice large rooms, some with amazing city views.

Unique Quality: There are many conference rooms, and some activity on most weekends, both in the hotel, and at the Castle across the street.

I spent a night here in January, and was surprised and amused to find a Fetish Festival in full swing! It was very easy to tell the tourists from the attendees, as men and women strolled by in head to toe leather, fishnet stockings and bustiers, kilts, and a few people being led on leashes. Every elevator ride was a riot!

A Classy Dump

by written on March 19, 2004

Don't be deceived -- this is a bigtime hit or miss hotel. I was traveling with 2 business associates and although I did get a "nice" room, my 2 mates weren't so lucky.

My "nice" room wasn't clean properly. To my shock, there were towels left on the floor and discarded shopping bags left in the room. They were quick to "fix" this problem but I just wasn't impressed.

Now my associates room were not renovated and extremely small. My impression of their rooms was one of disgust. The rooms felt "dirty" and run down.

I won't be back.

Unique Quality: Very good dining in the area.

Directions: Theatre District

Wonderful Experience

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 15, 2004

We had a wonderful stay. I was expecting the worst because of all the reviews that were bad on other sites but actually had a really great experience. We asked for a renovated room, which had a queen size bed. The room was small but I expected that because of how old the hotel actually was. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying downtown boston. We also paid for our trip through hotwire and had no problems.

Unique Quality: This hotel was 2-4 blocks from everything. Definately a great place to stay if you dont want to deal with a car or even the subway much. We did use the subway some but we didnt have to if we didnt want to.

It was a block to the boston commons and public garden, only a few blocks to china town and quincy market.

Great hotel and really nice people!

KennyB's Profile Photo

Overlooks Boston Commons & The Swan Boats

by written on January 1, 2004

This hotel will not disappoint you in any way. Off season and weekend rates are reasonable for Boston. Expect to pay almost twice as much for a weekday room.

Try to get a weekend package that includes parking. Parking alone can cost $35 or more a night.

Unique Quality: This hotel is by the Boston Commons and near the historical "Freedom Trail".

This hotel is just a stone's throw from Boston Commons. Boston Park Plaza is situated in the heart of Downtown Boston and the city’s Theatre District, Boston Park Plaza Hotel is ten blocks from the Hynes Convention Center and just three miles from Logan International Airport. The "T" stop Arlington Station is located right across the street.

Directions: Address 64 Arlington St
It is located next to the Boston Common and Public Garden.

Public Transportation "T": Green Line to Arlington

Nearby Boston Park Plaza Hotel And Towers

Boston Park Plaza Hotel And Towers

• The Boston Park Plaza Hotel And Towers

Address: 64 Arlington Street, 50 Park Plaza, Boston, Massachusetts, 02116-3912, United States

16 Photos of Boston Park Plaza Hotel And Towers

• Pets Allowed
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Boston Travel Forum

Need advice about Boston, Massachusetts? Visit the Travel Forum for Boston and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Boston hotel reviews

Driving
Bus Service
By Airplane
Transportation
Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers)
Commuter Rail