Carlton Lodge Adrian

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 93 reviews
Hotels.com Expedia.com

Dated hotel, terrible customer service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 17, 2016

We stayed here one evening after we picked my my friend's daughter up from college. We arrived late Saturday night and had to wait more than 30 minutes to check in while rooms were cleaned - not what we wanted to do at midnight. Left early the next morning and I forgot my ipad in the room. When I called and paid to have to have shipped to me, Manager Megan K placed it in a plain envelope, not protected in anyway, with the obvious result that when it arrived at my house the screen was shattered. It cost over $400. to repair it, which i had to do because i use it for work. Worst of all, when contacted Megan refused to take any responsibility for her error. I also contacted the local Better Business Bureau and suddenly Adrian Lodge now has a new policy of not being responsible for anything belonging to their customers.

Had Megan even acted sorry, and offered to even split the repair with me I would have been thrilled. I did leave it and that's my fault. But her short sightedness and refusal to do anything to make this situation right reveals the true character of this institution. I will never stay here again and I advise caution if you do. I chose this hotel because I like to support local small businesses. Wow was that a bad decision. The Holiday Inn in town is much nicer and has rooms for the same price. They will have all my business over the next four years.

Add to your Trip Planner

Dated hotel, terrible customer service

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 17, 2016

• Kitchenette
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Adrian Travel Forum

Need advice about Adrian, Michigan? Visit the Travel Forum for Adrian and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Adrian