VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Mora Hotels

Our Members Say

• Stephen-KarenConn profile photo Stephen-KarenConn
  • Reviews: 2608

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pine Grove Cabins: Sleep in a Real Log Cabin

If you've ever thought it would be fun to spend the night in an authentic log cabin in the Minnesota North Woods, then Pine Grove Cabins is for you. The Cabins/Motel consists of a small cluster of little log cabins which were built of native materials as a tourist court, before the days of modern motels. The cabins are operated by Jerry and Diane Torrey, who live in a larger and more modern log home next to the cabins. The office is a side room of their home. <br/><br/>I was the only customer present on the late April midweek evening that I was in Mora. I found my cabin, #1, to be very comfortable and the ambiance of the place added much to the enjoyment of my stay there. <br/><br/>The only negative is that they don't accept credit cards, but according to the Torreys, most of their customers don't use credit cards anyway. People traveling on expense accounts usually stay at the only modern motel in town, and pay twice what I did for my cabin.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average