Luxor Hotel and Casino

See Amenities
wanderingbilly's Profile Photo

LITTLE BIT OF EGYPT IN VEGAS

by written on August 31, 2006

MY WIFE AND I STAYED FOR THREE NIGHTS IN THE LUXOR AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF OUR STAY. RIGHT FROM THE MOMENT WE TOUCHED DOWN AT THE AIRPORT WE COULD SEE THE LUXOR AND COULD NOT WAIT TO GET INSIDE. CHECKIN WAS FAST AND POLITE AND IN NO TIME WE WHERE IN THE FAMOUS INCLINATOR LIFT THAT GOES UP DIAGONALLY..COOL !!
OUR ROOM WAS A GOOD SIZE AND CLEAN, THE BATHROOM WAS ALSO A GOOD SIZE WITH A HUGE WALK IN SHOWER. OUR ROOM WAS IN THE PYRAMID WHICH WAS WHAT WE HAD BOOKED, YOU CAN STAY IN THE TOWER ROOMS, A BUILDING OVER FROM THE MAIN PYRAMID BUT HEY HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET TO STAY IN A HOTEL THIS SHAPE ? AND AS FOR NOISE WE NEVER HEARD A THING.. THERE ARE LOADS OF THINGS TO DO IN AND AROUND THE LUXOR THERE IS THE CASINO OF COURSE, THE I-MAX CINEMA AND AT THE TIME WE WHERE THERE YOU COULD GO AND SEE THE BLUE MAN GROUP. THE POOL AREA IS VERY GOOD THE ONLY REAL GRIPE I WOULD HAVE IS THAT THERE WHERE NO SUN SHADES WITH THE SUNBEDS, AND AS YOU KNOW IT CAN GET PRETTY HOT OUT THERE. THE LUXOR IS LINKED BY A WALKWAY AND MONORAIL WITH THE MANDALAY BAY WHERE YOU CAN DO LOADS MORE SHOPPING IF THATS YOUR THING, OTHER HOTELS CLOSE AT HAND ARE THE EXCALIBUR, NEW YORK NEW YORK AND MGM GRAND. THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD AND BREAKFAST AT THE LUXOR WAS HUGE AND REALLY SET YOU UP FOR THAT WALK DOWN THE STRIP !!
ALL IN ALL I WOULD RATE THE LUXOR VERY HIGHLY AND WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM STAYING HERE AGAIN THE NEXT TIME WE'RE IN VEGAS..

Unique Quality: THE LUXOR'S UNIQUE QUALITES IS THAT YOU GET TO STAY IN A LITTLE BIT OF EGYPT RIGHT IN THE HEART OF LAS VEGAS, THAT FEELING OF EATING SLEEPING SHOPPING DRINKING GAMBLING ALL INSIDE A HUGE PYRAMID NEVER LEFT ME..WHERE ELSE CAN YOU DO IT ON SUCH A GRAND SCALE !!! AND HAVE SUCH FUN DOING IT.

Ronaldinho86's Profile Photo

Egypt??No,it's Las Vegas!

by written on July 1, 2006

An incredible hotel in an incredible city!Another planet than Italy,where I live...the hotel is fantastic and it has all the comforts and services possible!Maybe too loud....but it's Las Vegas!

Unique Quality: The Sphinx and the ray of light from the peak of the pyramid,in the night.

davekaleel's Profile Photo

Great Hotel!

by written on June 13, 2006

The rooms were great, and very reasonable for Vegas ($90/night for a standard room with 2 queen size beds). I highly recommend the Luxor to anyone.; There are FREE trains to the Mandalay Bay & other casinos located immediately next door.

Stef619's Profile Photo

Good Hotel

by written on June 12, 2006

There are two areas to stay, the tower or the pyramid. We stayed in the Pyramid...typical hotel. Mixed clientle as the Luxor isn't as "trendy" as the Palms or The Hard Rock, but at least it's located on the strip.

Unique Quality: As with most hotels in Vegas, only hotel guests can lounge by the pool. Towels and chairs are provided and floats can be rented. There are three (I think) pools all connected. My friend and I used the spa facilites one day and WOW! They were GREAT! Of course I can only talk about the women's side and we did not use the gym. There are about 6 or 7 showers and each has a different "scent" of body wash and shampoo/conditioner. The mint shower was the most popular.

traveloturc's Profile Photo

attractive

by written on June 8, 2006

It was the first year of the opening .I was very enthousiastic to stay at this hotel
I was admiring the architecture and all the gimmicks in the hotel Nile river...cinema in the building etc .I also visit again after so many years and I have to admit that the charm was over I was sad to see the results after so many years

lynmur's Profile Photo

Our Hotel

by written on May 25, 2006

We had a lovely stay in the Luxor - like all the hotels in Vegas its fabulous.
With 4,408 rooms and suites, Luxor Resort & Casino is the second largest hotel in the United States. The Egyptian-themed resort has been ranked as one of the top 50 resorts in the United States by Gourmet Magazine.
Luxor is home to the relaxing Oasis Spa, nine exceptional restaurants and cafes, the Tony Award winning musical Hairspray, the hip nightclub RA, the adventurous Pharaoh's Pavilion and more than 120,000 square feet of exciting gaming action. Luxor Resort & Casino is owned and operated by MGM Mirage.

Unique Quality: Watch out fo the 'inclinators' especially if you've had a few drinks.
This was by far the biggest hotel we have ever and probably will ever stay in.
It was great though - even when we did manage to get lost constantly - takes a lot of getting used to as everything looks the same, but think that is the Las Vegas trickery to get you to stay where you are. All the hotels were great but we were glad we stayed here.

RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

Egypt without the sand!

by written on April 1, 2006

Of our 6 visits to Vegas we have stayed 4 times in the Luxor so I guess you can say its our all time favourite. The second largest hotel in the US with over 4500 bedrooms, this is real value for money. The hotel has rooms in the main Pyramid, a black glass creation with a laser beam shining out of the pinnacle at night which they say can be seen in space, and two black glass towers, east and west . The atrium could hold nine 747 jets and is the biggest in the world.The hotel is nearing 12 years old and on our third visit we thought the rooms were looking tired, but on the fourth visit we were put on the 16th floor in the east tower and all the rooms and recently been refurbished and were excellent. The rooms are huge anyway but with new carpeting,drapes and furniture the whole place went back up in our expectations. A wide selection of restaurants to please everyones taste, and we have tried them all and been disappointed in none! Just love those slices of pizza up on the mezzanine floor! or the young waiter in the Isis restaurant whose job it was to offer slices of lemon or lime for your mineral water!

Unique Quality: It really is breathtaking on first entry to this hotel. Huge obelisks and Egyptian mummies fill the Reception area and this is the only hotel with 45º slanting elevators. There are some amazing shops, with one selling real Egyptian artefacts where Michael Jackson was supposedly said to have spent 100s of 1000s of dollars.

Directions: Between Manday Bay and Escalibur

Alhawthorn's Profile Photo

Egypt in Las Vages

by written on March 13, 2006

Have stayed three nights in this hotel, and cannot find one fault with anything. the service was good in every department. It's Only slight draw back is it's position at the end of the strip. this is easily overcome by jumping on the monorail.It is also inter connected to the Excalibur Hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Unique Quality: the outstanding characteristic of this hotel is it's shape,and the magnificent Sphinx at it' entrance

Directions: Two miles from the airport on the Las Vages Strip

VickiJ's Profile Photo

Egypt in Las Vegas

by written on February 27, 2006

This hotel was fabulous! I don't even know where to begin......
On arrival we were checked in to one of the rooms in the gigantic pyramid!!! We were on the 17th floor - it is amazing how big it is inside!! The room was lovely with 2 big double beds and a bathroom with a shower big enough for an entire family!!!
The hotel is like a maze and i am sure that it took the whole time we were there to figure out where everything was!
The hotel is linked to a monorail which takes to you to the Mandalay Bay and the Excalibur but these too can be reached by just walking through the hotel!
You get a coupon for the buffet here, but it wasn't as good as some of the others that we went to! (you can still get steak for breakfast though!!!!!)
We took advantage of the free blackjack lessons.....which were really good...even won some dollars!!!
The only disadvantage was everywhere is so big, it just looks like the hotels are next to each other, when in fact there is a distance between them....so don't walk everywhere like we did.....use the monorails and the bus service to save time!!

Directions: At the end of the strip - inbetween the Excalibur and Mandalay Bay!

nurselara's Profile Photo

A Great Experience!!

by written on February 11, 2006

Our 10 year anniversary was in October, but as Lara was extremely consumed with accreditation at work (what?s new?) Our anniversary trip took place in November. We stayed at the Luxor Hotel this time, the first couple of nights we stayed in the pyramid until Deb lost her equilibrium. Everything was slanted and on an angle including the inclinators that took us to our room on a 39 degree angle. Because of Deb?s convincing sob story and sickly looking, greenish colored face, we were then upgraded to a mini suite on the penthouse floor . Deb stopped barfing and the fun, games and drinking commenced. It was just in time for us to take the most amazing and mind blowing Helicopter excursion over the Grand Canyon.

Unique Quality: The rooms are very spacious and clean. The employees at Luxor are very friendly and helpful.

raenorthern's Profile Photo

Only hotel with an inclinator

by written on January 2, 2006

I found the luxor to be clean, freindly and loud at night. The rooms as all american room were huge. I stayed in one of the rooms in the actual pyramid which are reached by an inclinator (an elevator that goes up[ at an angle). The downside being near the large atrium was that sound from the casion carried at night. The food was adequate nothing outstanding but thats the same in all the hotels we tried. It is at the opposite end of the strip to the stratosphere and is linked interally to the alladin and then New York, New York.

Excellent accommodation

by written on December 15, 2005

We stayed at the Luxor for 7 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the Tower and our room was very comfortable. My only complaint would be the location of the Luxor, with it being at the end of the Strip. I would have preferred to have stayed in the middle. However, I still would recommend the hotel.

Very satisfied!

by written on December 4, 2005

Great hotel, great service!
Despite the huge crowd and all the hustle and bustle, checking in was easy. What a difference with Circus Circus, our previous hotel, where we spent only 1 night!

The center of the pyramid is the heart of the hotel: shops, a food court, a museum with "fake" Egyptian mummies and tombes, an Imax theatre and of course...the casino!

All the Egyptian themed rooms are on the side, just under the inclined walls of the pyramid and the view out of the window is spectacular! The photo shows how huge this pyramid is. The white rafters are in fact the indoor balconies of the different floors with the access to the rooms.

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The Sands of Egypt in the Nevada Desert

by written on October 21, 2005

I really looked forward to partying at the Luxor, but Club Ra was not all that, and neither was the hotel. the Fantasy show there was not too bad, but all in allthis place really didn't meet my expectations... when you walk inside and look up, it sort of looks like a waste of space, like they could've done it differently somehow. it is still an impressive pyramid and I thoroughly enjoyed the Margaritas by the Yard at the little Mexican joint inside. again, another place I spent time in but didn't stay in, so i have no idea how the service is or what to expect on prices.

Unique Quality: It is a pyramid with a sphinx in front of it.... how unique can you get? They also have a faux King Tut exhibit as well as an IMAX theater inside.

Directions: South end of the strip

tomhoward's Profile Photo

Egypt With Proper Toilets

by written on October 19, 2005

The Egyptian pyramid one, blah-di-blah di blah....

I'll try and tell you something you don't already know.

Got conflicting advice about whether to go for a pyramid or tower room. Everyone you speak to will have their own unique opinion. Provided they tell you how they got the opinion, you should be intelligent enough to make up you own mind if they're worth listening to.

We stayed in the West Tower as we were told the rooms were refurbished only two years ago. Was expecting something quite cheap & tacky, but we were more than satisfied. Room was reasonably classy with full on view of the pyramid - mountain ranges peeked through a gap between the main buildings. Two huge double beds (so technically a room for 4, if you're into that sort of thing) and a bathroom you could have played badminton in.

Pool was a little disappointing - 3ft deep with floaty things, and my complimentary visit to the Spa was the shortest ever when I found out that instead of sharing a steam room with some topless revue girls, it was men-only and most were naked.

Also, the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is not the bargain most people make out. This is a classic tourist "rose-tinted glasses" case, and it cost us $25 (for two) for a very average quality breakfast (for food and most definitely service) - we were paying $35 to $40 in some of LA's top hotels and restaurants a couple of days earlier. Places that would make this spread look more at home in a motorway service station.

Unique Quality: Was expecting this place to be pretty tacky, but it was surprisingly classy. For a major theme hotel on the strip, I doubt you will get a better deal than the Luxor. Obviously one of the reasons is that aside from the Mandalay Bay it is furthest south, but plentiful taxis (about $10 to the Bellagio) and the Monorail take care of that problem.

That said, if I came back, I would probably stay mid-strip in say the Paris or Venetian, and if we couldn't afford them, The Flamingo, just to be nearer the action.

If you're young and just want to party then look no further than The Hard Rock, or The Palms. Both a taxi ride from The Strip, but let's face it, even The Strip can be a taxi ride away from The Strip.

Directions: Southern end of Strip

Jessbandit Dec 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM

The worst stay I've ever had in Vegas. Our room smelled and had no amenities or updates. The air conditioner was an old school wall unit that didn't work! They charge a 20 dollar a day resort fee, but offer nothing for it! The pool was closed, the wifi is only available in the lobby, and if you use the gym you can only use the sauna if you pay an additional $18.00 a day!! The ceiling in room 19142 was peeling and falling down in small pieces near the window. When I called to speak to a manager... He said, "I'm sorry, but what do you want me to do about it". What??? I think his name was Escobar! He was a bigger jerk then the letchy valet guys. I didn't valet a car, but a couple of them were very inappropriate. Again the, "manager" that was there was not helpful!

Frymire Mar 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Expedia has asked for my "review" of our recent stay, I posted;
The Hotel was ok, should have expected that because of the price. There was a STRONG smell of mold & mildew in the "Halls", although the "rooms" didn't smell like it, ALL of the towels & tissues had a moldy smell. Mold on the ceiling of the showers. If you have mold allergies STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE! Buffet was mediocre. I brought a party of 15 people it was our son's 21st birthday. Day 2 we went to the nightclub "Lax" downstairs. We had "bottle service & VIP room". Our bill for 15 people came to $1099.00 with tip. I gave them $450 in cash & put $649 on my mac card. The club charged me 3 times on my mac card & the cash I paid totaling to the amount if $2,198.00! I was counting on that money for the remaining 2 days of my trip. When I discovered their error the next morning & called the hotel manager, which directed me to the club manager, which directed me to accounting, everyone kept directing me in circles & no one was responsible nor helpful! Management at the club said that the charges were "holds" which would be returned, however when I called my bank from Vegas, they said NO, they were charges! When I explained to everyone that they had taken the last of my finances & my family & I were in Vegas with NO MONEY left, they said, sorry we can't help you. THANK GOD FOR THE FAMILY I BROUGHT WITH ME. They helped us with our final 2 days, & when I returned home, my bank challenged the charges & a week later I got my money back & paid my family back.... STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!

Nearby Luxor Hotel and Casino

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews