Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

Family Travel Business Travel Theme Park Trips
See Amenities

Worst hotel stay ever

by written on June 28, 2015

We had asked for a joint room since my parents and some of our kids would be staying in the second room and when we got there three hours after check in at 6, they said we would have to wait for the other room to be cleaned. So we all crammed into what was a non smoking room that reeked of smoke and was dingy and waited an hour and a half for them to come clean the other room. There wasn't even any extra chairs in the room to sit on. Finally we called the front desk to complain and they magically had a joint room that we could move to, which was a slight move up I guess because it actually had a chair to sit on and it didn't reek of smoke. We put our kids to bed, which the sheets had stains on them so we just had to take them off. I went to take a shower and all that would come out was icy cold water. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone up to fix it. After 45 minutes we called to complain because by this point it was late and I just wanted to go to sleep. They said they would move us, but by this point everyone in both rooms were asleep and we were not going to wake them up and make them move again. They finally said they would unlock an empty room close to ours so I could go take a shower. As we were leaving here comes the maintenance guy to fix the shower, he couldn't fix it. So the maintenance guy walks over to the other room to make sure that shower is working there, I did not go far into the room because the smell of vomit was so strong. But my husband goes in to investigate and finds liquid smeared across the table and the trash can full of liquid. Meanwhile the maintenance guy comes out and tells us that the shower is so clogged that it wont drain. I go down to the front desk explain the situation and ask if I can get a clean room to shower in, the manager girl comes out. She is extremely rude and starts out with we have already opened up another room for you now you are telling me that you want us to give you a third room. I guess I should have been more than happy with either a cold shower or a filthy vomit stenched room to shower in. I said to the manager girl, the other room you opened for us smells like vomit and the shower doesn't drain. She said, we can always send someone up to unclog the shower. By this point it is somewhere after midnight and I just layed my head on the counter and said this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The manager girl says what would you like ME to do about it. I say give us a clean room to shower in. She reluctantly agrees to unlock another room, so I can have a shower after being on the road all day. The next day someone comes that morning and "fixes", the shower, that night when I go to give my kids a shower, no hot water again. Thankfully that was the last night we were staying there so we didn't even bother going through the whole mess of trying to get a shower and left in the morning.

bardenny's Profile Photo

Stayed 4 nights January 2015

by written on January 27, 2015

This hotel now called the Westgate, stayed here with a group of us who had travelled to Memphis then on to Vegas, all part of an Elvis tour to celebrate his 80th birthday. The hotel had some Elvis memorabilia scattered around which was great for us and they do tours of the suite he stayed in whilst performing there.
The room was very spacious, but so dark, we had to have the lights on all the time. We were shocked to find the water bottles in the room had a $4 price on them and the coffee $3.50. We don't know why this was as we weren't charged for these at the end. Did read some reviews that would have put us off if we had been booking this holiday independently but it was very good. They have a service where you can press the green button and go green, meaning if you dont have any room service they will give you $10 to spend on food and drink in the hotel.
All in all we found the hotel quite good and it is on the mono rail link so that was easy to get up and down the strip.

Trouble free stay!

by written on September 13, 2011

I stayed during the week of July 4th, 2011. They had great festivities including fireworks and a party by the pool. The hotel has a gift shop and a few stores including a pizza hut and ice cream store for a quick bite to eat. They also had a coffee shop where you could also buy wine. My room was nice and clean and in good shape. This was a trouble free hotel stay.

Unique Quality: Great pool, gift shop, coffee shop, and a pizza hut for a quick bite to eat.

Directions: On the strip

OiKnow's Profile Photo

Huge Hotel

by written on May 29, 2011

The Las Vegas Hilton is huge, has lots of food and entertainment options, fun casino space and nice meeting rooms. I was here for a conference that was held at the hotel. The room was recently updated and very comfortable. When asking for directions inside the hotel, every message starts with go through the casino. The hotel is on the Las Vegas Monorail, but otherwise a little isolated. It is half a mile or so off the north end of the Strip, and the North end of the Strip is kind of a dead zone. I used the monorail to pop down to the middle or south end of the strip - giving me great access to the latest entertainment, restaurants and casinos. Shop for rates, the conference rate was $79 - but the night after the conference they wanted $180 - I changed hotels and found something nice for $65 at the other end of the strip.

Unique Quality: Next to the Las Vegas Convention Center. The Monorial station is in front of the hotel.

Do Not Stay Here

by written on March 2, 2010

I recently stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton with a conference I attended. I was told when I booked my room I was going to receive a $100 coupon. At check out I was charged for the gift card. Even after I presented the hotel with the document stating the hotel was going to give me the coupon I was still charged for it. I tryed to contact Hilton and have been ignored. I would never stay at the Las Vegas Hiton again and I would advise anyone not to stay here. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

The original where Elvis had his residency

by written on May 4, 2009

This was a 2 night stay in our 4 nights in Las Vegas, and where we were picked up in the morning by the limo and spent our wedding night that night.

A few Hilton properties and franchises around Las Vegas, this was the original where Elvis had his residencyfrom1968 to his death in 1977.

Check the website and elsewhere for deals, we got an excellent deal at US$99 a night.

See also tip about the fortuna cafe

Unique Quality: Hmmm.. uniqueness is not something all of the really big hotel chains are big on, but it has got to be the statue of Vrgas' famous adopted son, Elvis (see picture)

Directions: Just off the strip - level with Circus Circus or Riviera

balhannah's Profile Photo

RUN DOWN - SOME RUDE STAFF

by written on August 6, 2008

The Las Vegas Hilton was a real let down.

Being "the Hilton" we thought it would be very nice. Our room was not properly clean, the arm chair was well worn to the stage it needed to be replaced. One thing that we really missed and had in cheaper Hotels, was the Tea & Coffee, the was NONE in the room. We love to get back and sit down and relax with one after a days outing. To buy a cup here was very expensive. No fridge.

Another problem was at the Luggage storage. I had received an email from them previous to our trip, advising it was ok to store luggage here while we did a tour, as we would be spending more nights here at the end. The person in charge denied this, and got VERY NASTY AND RUDE!
Silly me, didn't think to print out the email. I didn't expect any problem, there should not have been!

The Hotel is also not on the Strip, quite a walk. There is a monorail station there, but it becomes quite expensive using that every day.

I WOULD NOT EVER RECOMMEND THIS HILTON.

This person needed replacing, as did some of the furniture, in general, a refurbishing and sending this employee to do some training on how to be polite and deal with paying guests.

Great Value

by written on May 2, 2008

We have stayed at the Hilton several times over the last few years. It is a great hotel with reasonably priced rooms and casino minimums and not a lot of kids. Since this is a convention center hotel you get a good clean room for a great rate without kids running wild everywhere. We are not big gamblers but found that if we used our Hilton club card for the gambling we did we got lots of offers throughout the year for cheap room prices. Now we usually pay $50.00 a night even on weekends. Much better than other casinos programs that we have tried.

Unique Quality: Spa is great. We traveled with a group and rented a cabana by the pool. It came with a refrigerator full of drinks and a t.v. for those wanting the shade. The hotel is also right on the monorail line so you can get to most strip hotels quickly and the cab ride over to Fremont street is very reasonable.

Nice location next to Monorail

by written on April 18, 2008

We upgraded to a fancy room ($225) which included a really nice bathroom and comfy bed with free internet, access to the members club, I-pod docking, free newspaper, unlimited local calls and free spa entry. We had a great view of the mountains from our room and a flat screen TV. Well worth the extra $$$$.

Unique Quality: Reminds me of the Westin hotels we usually stay at - modern and clean

doug48's Profile Photo

better

by written on January 19, 2008

the las vegas hilton is a large hotel located next to the las vegas convention center. it's location is away from the strip and i would not recommend it for tourists but if you are in las vegas on business and are attending the convention center it's location is perfect. a good business class hotel that caters to the convention trade.

Directions: convention center, east of the strip.

Andraf's Profile Photo

Good value

by written on January 17, 2008

This is one of my favorite places to stay in Vegas. Not too expensive - for Vegas anyway - and always a good service. The only drawback of the hotel used to be its location as Hilton is located off-Strip but since the construction of the monorail, location is not a problem anymore. It has good rates almost all year and the rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. They have some good restaurants and the hotel's attraction is "Star Trek: The Experience" which we really enjoyed. It's located near Las Vegas' convention center so if you're going to Vegas for a convention this place
is your best bet.

DJMist's Profile Photo

Stardust

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2007

Rate was good ($79/night) for a place on the strip - nice rooms, nice casino, nice pool area.

Unique Quality: This is the casino Wayne Newton performs at but he wasn't playing while we were there.

Add to your Trip Planner

Good value on the weekends

by written on May 15, 2007

The Vegas Hilton is off of the main drag, about a block behind the Riviera. It runs about the same price range as Circus Circus and is an older hotel without the gimmicks. It has a nice casino and the rooms are comfortable and clean. When we stayed there, the Mirage was running a $99/night special Monday - Thursday. If they still do that, I would recommend staying at the Mirage throughout the week and then moving to the Hilton on the weekend if you are trying to stretch your money. That way, you can walk to the strip when it's crowded, but still get your car out pretty easily if you want to go somewhere.

Unique Quality: There is a decent buffet at this hotel, parking is free, and the casino is pretty much the same as what the other hotels have. The pool is a little more modest, but it is on a rooftop with a decent view and breeze.

Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Las Vegas Hilton (LVH)

by written on May 14, 2007

One of the earliest megaresorts in LV, still good but not as fancy and entertaining as those new ones, e.g., MGM, Luxor, Mandalay Bay.

It is off the strip, luckily with Monorail station connected with the building.

Unique Quality: High profile musicals and shows are available in the hotel, e.g., Manilow, Diana Krall.

Directions: Paradise road, behind Riviera, close to the north end of the stip

doreenellen's Profile Photo

Stardust goes down

by written on March 13, 2007

2.30am this morning The Stardust was blown up. It is a really sad day, but exciting for everyone who saw the fireworks and it crumbled to the ground. To see our room falling down was a sad day for me. We had some fun there last year.

Nearby Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Vegas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Vegas, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Vegas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews