Edgewater Hotel And Casino

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 1285 reviews
Booking.com Orbitz.com

BAIT AND SWITCH PRICING

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 26, 2014

Wow where do I begin. first we chose this place for our Christmas dinner. We should have walked out long before we did. first they were offering buffet grade food for their Christmas special at $34.95 the best part was they RAISED the price by two dollars to $36.95 with GET THIS a piece of paper scotched taped over the $34.95 price. So we decided to order from their regular menu which they presented to us at the time of seating for the reason that the food on the regular menu was higher grade for 10.00 to 12.00 less then the SCAM special. First my wife ordered the lamb and then when asked if she wanted soup or salad she said french onion soup, she was told that there is a $175.00 up charge for it ( the menu states $1.00 up charge) (there should be no up charge for canned onion soup broth with a chopped up onion and some old bread. When i went to order a small cut Prime rib i was informed they had no prime rib except for the low grade cut with a bone in it (had once the bone is ten times the size of the meat you get) that was on their SCAM special for $36.95. So I asked for a manager who they had to hunt down in the buffet. 15 minutes later she shows up and I asked her how a steak house runs out of prime rib but yet still has plenty of the junk cut rib. She said they didn't cook enough. When I told her that if I have to order the bone in I want her to adjust the price to the $23.95 that is on their menu she refused so my wife and I got up to leave at which point she decided to grow some manager BALLS and said she would honor the menu price. at this point after the bait and switch pricing increases and being well beyond ( which is against the law in Nevada) the time she should have said and honored the price i said no thank you and we walked out and went down the street to another steak house to eat. This steak house is a scam and not worth your time or money. Everything is out of a can and the manager was so uneducated about running a business the hotel should be ashamed to have her even scrubbing bathrooms.

kymbanm's Profile Photo

Think twice before staying here ... sorry ....

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2005

Joyce and her husband hate the Edgewater, and call it the 'ashtray' of Laughlin. The riverwalk takes you through the casino before taking you back outdoors - okay, I can understand that from a marketing perspective .....

Her biggest complaint is that she feels the dealers cheat. When called on it, and you ask them to have the control room look at the tapes of the hand, they have said, "we don't do that". If this happened only once - well okay, a crappy dealer. Twice, you begin to wonder. Three times, they are probably cheats and it's not worth your time to spend your hard earned money at their tables.

Oh, and you should probably warn others ......

The rooms are only average, and the service is similar to that seen in the casino ... nothing special really.

exotiqgatita's Profile Photo

Pretty Good Hotel..one of the best in Area

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 5, 2004

I stayed at the Edgewater, the rooms were a little stuffy, the lighting was a little dim, but the view was great. So was the pool. There was one big jacuzzi and alot of pool chairs. My favorite part of Edgewater was the Dairy Queen (we don't have that In Boston) and the restaurant that served baked potatoes and steak, with some not bad tasting wine. OKAY, wasn't the best, but had a cool casino! The casibo floor is massive! Customer Service was GREAT.

Unique Quality: I don't think any other hotels imn the area were luxurious like a Sheraton. I'd say they were all 3 stars. I never in my life knew that desert heat would produce soo many dead moths and all sorts of bugs on the ground next to the lights outside, they are everwhere! in the pool! the jacuzzi, gross! Not a place to go for luxury. But the view of the orange canyons in the distance is so beautiful.

Directions: It's right next to the Colorodo River..which is massive..A ferry takes you from hotel to hotel. The water is surprising clear, and you can see huge fish in it! There is a big mall across the street.. Affordable, but good things. I got my cowboy hat there.

Nearby Edgewater Hotel And Casino

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge

Laughlin Travel Forum

Need advice about Laughlin, Nevada? Visit the Travel Forum for Laughlin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Laughlin hotel reviews