Fort Marcy Suites

goodfish's Profile Photo

Sweet Suite

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2016

While we’d enjoyed the other apartment I’ve reviewed, we wanted something a little closer to the plaza for our next week-long stay. Fort Marcy is a sizeable complex of individually owned 1, 2 and 3-bedroom condos operated by a management company, and checked all the boxes as far as price, location and desired amenities. Good things to know:

• It’s been around for a long time and that may be evident in some of the interiors. If you’re more discriminating than not about your accommodations, choose a premium versus a standard flat (we did.) Being individually owned, every unit is furnished/decorated differently. While management has certain standards of comfort and condition which must be met, premium condos are well worth the price difference for longer stays. To their credit, the website is up front about the difference between their basic and more upscale units.

• This is not a hotel or resort…a fact that seems to escape some of their guests. While it has some amenities such as a pool/hot tub and guest laundry, don’t expect a 24/7 guest desk, daily housekeeping, coffee/tea for your pot, etc. This was just fine with us but evidently isn’t with everyone. They do provide emergency numbers to call during hours that the office is closed, and if something needs attention during the day, just stop in and ask.

• The grounds are very nice but not every unit is going to have a view. If that’s important to you, request it when you book.

• While only 4 blocks from the plaza, a couple of those blocks involve a fairly steep climb. If you have mobility or pulmonary limitations, you'll want to drive or to take a cab to/from the complex.

OK, our stay:
Desk: excellent. We were given an unrequested upgrade from a 1 to a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom unit with extra space we didn’t really need but which provided superior views. Nice! They were also responsive to a question we’d had about some temperamental kitchen lighting, and were welcoming and efficient during the check-in process even while in the middle of some office construction. We didn’t use the pool/hot tub, laundry or shuttle service so can’t comment on those.

Our condo: roomy and comfortable. It had everything we needed - free parking, fridge, microwave, stove, coffeemaker/filters, free wifi (worked well for us), extra blankets and pillows - and housekeeping did come to remove the trash mid-week. No complaints about the bed or overall cleanliness. Other than re-heating of leftovers, we didn’t cook so I didn’t take inventory of kitchen equipment but ours seemed to be reasonably well stocked. Very quiet: didn’t hear noise from the road or neighboring guests. The air conditioner was a little loud but not enough to keep us awake.

The couple of imperfections were very minor: some brighter lighting would be nice in the living area at night; kitchen track lighting cut out when overheated; porch chairs/table would have been preferable to a single, hard wooden bench but heck, the view made up for it.

All-in-all, a great week!

I reserved through but you may do so via their own site, Expedia, Kayak or others which list it. I'm not noting an average price as that can swing according to season and popular events but it was less expensive than many S.F. hotel rooms within walking distance of center.

Directions: See map on website.

Don’t do it

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 4, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at Fort Marcy for our Anniversary on April 13th. First night there a fight broke out in the parking lot causing damage to our vehicle. Contacted after hours line to only leave a voicemail; message returned 30 min later to be informed the property doesn’t have Security. Both Night Agent & my Husband contacted the Police department to not have any response.

The next morning we discovered the damage to our vehicle and reported it to the front desk. Day Agent informed a police report would need to be completed and incident report. We were informed that a Manager would be in contact w/us. I left my business card with contact information.

I attempted to contact a Manager several days after incident with no contact back. 20 DAYS after the incident I attempt to make contact again to have the GM Luis call my “co-worker” instead of contacting me. After I reach out again I am informed that the property doesn’t have ANY SECURITY NOR INSURANCE for incidents that occur on property. According to the GM “Signage is posted to park at your own risk” apparently he feels that clears them of all liability. Why should I have to absorb the damage to my vehicle when I wasn’t involved in the incident and their poor definition of accountability?!?

I heard nothing but excuses from the GM and a lack of customer service. Once I informed that we will no longer spend our personal money at Fort Marcy & I will reach out to my friends, family & co-workers to not lodge there as well as leave a negative review. The GM “Mr. Professional” or lack thereof accused me of extortion and he will be contacting my co-worker. Really, look up the definition there Luis. I just want what’s right for the hotel to cover the damages to my vehicle! I have a right to place a negative review as a paying customer & a right as an American Citizen to express my freedom of speech. My co-worker has nothing to do with my personal trip! Like I said in the phone call, we will not be spending personal nor business money there in the future. I would hate to see if our company vehicle(s) were damages. Fort Marcy will not take accountability nor cover anything. No thanks, I would rather spend my money elsewhere!

All Seasons Resort Lodging deserves to know how their resort in Fort Marcy is being run as well as paying customers deserve to know the lack of Management Professionalism.

Directions: Dump on side of road

jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Amazing suites on a hill over Santa Fe!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 1, 2009

This hotel has been chosen by a magazine as one of the top hotels in Santa Fe and usually goes for about $250 per night…but we got a good deal through Expedia for a Saturday and Sunday stay at only $169 per night and then Sunday was FREE! Cool! Stayed April 2009.

I plugged in the GPS the Santa Fe address and we drove about 8-9 hours I think from our home in the Phoenix area. It did look like we were going to the wrong place because the streets were small but finally, we did see the Kearney Road and it was an uphill road and on the left was the main office of Fort Marcy Suites.

Nobody was around because it was already 10 PM. But there was an open door which led to a small room with a PHONE which you pick up for late registration. It was answered in 30 seconds, and then I was given the security code for the safety box which had my suite keycard and details. Cool.

Instructions were easy to follow to go to our one-bedroom suite (they also have 3-BR suites) and we went to Rm #76 I think. We just parked on the inclined street and went down the steps to reach our room and it was a very nicely decorated, looking like a Southwestern home. The kitchen was adequate and well-equipped with refrigerator and utensils…the sofa was not an open-up bed but if you are not too tall, you can sleep on it. The bedroom had a bed which did look smaller than King and unfortunately it was a bit hard. The fan was also kinda noisy.

But there was adequate closet space and the bathroom was an okay size although it would have been nice if it was bigger. The sink was very Santa Fe --- with the mosaic porcelain design.

The next day, the office was open at 8 AM – we asked the reception about the area and they answered directions for going to Roswell which we wanted to visit in two days…
The main issue for me though was that the wireless internet reception in my room did not have good signal, so I had to park at night near the office to get good reception. I think I was there until late the next evening and security got a little curious about my car after it was parked for a while with the headlights on.

But the best thing about the hotel is being on Fort Marcy Hill/Park where we chanced upon the Cross of the Martyrs which has an amazing view of Santa Fe (this cross in one of my tips)…Across our suite buildings, we just saw some teenagers going down a road and my 5 year old son - and we went to where they were heading and saw a sign which said it was the Fort Marcy Park and then we saw a pathway which led to the nice outlook point.

Hit or Miss Condos

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 17, 2007

These are indivdually owned condos. We stayed here for a family reunion, and it seems to be hit or miss. Our condo was full of problems, the shower leaked though the celing, the binds would not open, a window broke. Mantainance did come to look at the shower, but told us there was not much they could do, and that the owner had to fix the problem. Another condo reeked of smoke when a non-smoking condo was requested.
This is a pretty property, but there are lots of stairs! (And no handicap acess that we could see).

Unique Quality: The view is amazing from here, because it of it's location on top of a hill. It is a bit isolated, but a easy walk 15-20 minute walk to downtown.

Nearby Fort Marcy Suites

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette
  • Suites

Santa Fe Travel Forum

Need advice about Santa Fe, New Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Santa Fe and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Santa Fe hotel reviews