301 North Water Street, Wilmington, North Carolina, 28401-3934, United States

tcruz04's Profile Photo

Wonderful Riverfront Stay

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2016

I took my family on a weekend trip to Wilmington last week and we stayed at the Hilton Riverside (downtown Wilmington, NC). We booked one room for 3 nights, and we stayed in one of the upper floors in order to get the best views of the river. Once we arrived we were warmly greeted by the concierge and they checked us in and escorted us to our room on the 7th floor. The room had a magnificent view of the battle ship and the cape fear river! The bed sheets were clean, tv was a generous size with quality channels, and they included a free bottle of wine!

It was also as a nice treat that it was connected to Ruth Chris, so of course we as had a great steak dinner one of the nights! Id highly recommend anyone visiting the Wilmington area to consider the Hilton when you are going to Wilmington.

Unique Quality: 1) Great views
2) Mediocre gym
3) Amazing customer service
4) Comfortable beds
5) Clean rooms

Directions: Go down MLK drive, take a right on front street, and go up the ramp near the river.

doug48's Profile Photo

excellent location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 17, 2010

the hilton riverside is a very good business class hotel located on the riverwalk in downtown wilmington. many of the attractions of wilmington are within walking distance of the hotel. the hilton riverside has an excellent location for both the tourist and business traveler to wilmington. the hilton riverside offers all of the amenities that you would expect of this better chain.

Directions: riverwalk, downtown.

etfromnc's Profile Photo

Not too bad, once I found it

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 24, 2006

The weekend that I stayed here, I arrived late in the evening and got lost trying to find a hotel, in spite of signs along the way which supposedly told us how to get to the hotels and riverfront. The Hilton was the first hotel that I found and I was too tired to look for alternatives. It was okay but all that I did was sleep there and carry luggage entirely too far.

I hope that my experience was not typical and I do not want to scare anyone away just on my impressions, so I checked several other travel authorities and this particular hotel received very mixed reviews. The next time I go to Wilmington, I will arrive earlier and try anothe hotel.

Unique Quality: It is located on the riverfront directly across from the battleship North Carolina. I do not know if this is normal but when I arrived there was no-one to help with luggage and all of the "temporary" parking spots for registering guests were filled with no signs of anyone moving before breakfast. The problem was further exacerbated by the fact that the parking lot is two floors below the registration level, behind and at the end of the hotel with no entry other than at the front lobby. Thus, I had to climb a hill with my bags. By the time I got to my room, I was too tired to enjoy anything except a warm shower and the bed.

Directions: On the river (as you may have guessed from the name)

Easty's Profile Photo

by written on August 26, 2002

It is probably the most expensive place in the Wilmington area because of its excellent location and being a Hilton. We paid $100 a night in 1988.

Unique Quality: A full service hotel on the banks of the Cape Fear River. Some rooms offer spectacular views of the Cape Fear River and the USS North Carolina.

Nearby Hilton Wilmington Riverside

• Wilmington Hilton
  • Hilton Wilmington Riverside Hotel Wilmington

Address: 301 North Water Street, Wilmington, North Carolina, 28401-3934, United States

3 Photos of Hilton Wilmington Riverside

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Wilmington Travel Forum

Need advice about Wilmington, North Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Wilmington and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Wilmington hotel reviews